Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB3 going back together - tire question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texascbr

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: SB3 going back together - tire question Reply with quote

Little filler and questions below;

The SB3 was running less than stellar and compression was a bit low (121-119-110-130) so I decided to yank her apart to check the valves (I no longer bitch about doing valves on my desmo bikes). The valves did turn out to be VERY tight and that has been corrected and then it became an issue of “since I’m here”. So the engine has been cleaned up and most Suzuki parts have been refreshed, powder coated or had similar hours of cleaning.

As the whole bike had to come into pieces. Front and rear suspension have been rebuilt. I decided to send the wheels out to get properly checked and repainted. The wheels were in great shape with no evidence of any cracks. They are being properly prepped and painted and should be back in a week or two. Everything is ready to go back together and I have a question?

Question 1. Do I need to use tubes with the factory wheels? The bike did have tubes in it but this is the first set of fresh rubber in a decade.

Question 2. I’m leaning heavily toward using Michelin Pilot Active tires for replacement rubber. Sound choice?

Question 3. Anything else while the engine is out? Clutch is fine and nothing looks suspect but I may have overlooked something.

Thanks fella’s. Can’t wait to be driving the old girl in the next few weeks.
Chris in Texas
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris
What wheels do you have , original speedline a or campags on? Either are tubeless. I've Michelin pilots on mine and my KB1 and they are fine 😄. I'm just sorting the front speedline out to complete.
waiting for pics 😄
Nige
[img] [/img]
texascbr

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the factory wheels on mine which are Speedline front and Campagn(something) on the rear, if my memory is right. I will give it a try without tubes and see how it goes.

Will post pics once she is back together.

Thanks for the help,
Chris
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campagnola (spelling??)
texascbr

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: For speeling I found Campagnolo Reply with quote

Campagnolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: