Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Db2 tail light
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
[img]
My rear lamp seems a bit different, do you know what its off Steve[/img]

Is that a crack on the RHS of your rear light lens TVRich?...or ...ahem...a dirty mark?...
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that's what the pins look like!. What number of the 100 was your fe Paul ?, mine was reg'd in 1999 and is No 44
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not a crack or dirty mark Honest!!, its my reflection while taking the pics!!
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Thats a late registration...a Y plate....I have a DB4 thats on a W and should have been after the DB2FE...I see that you had the "special" rear stand for the DB2 also...with the pins either end to push fit into the concentrics...never seen one before....being a kind hearted soul I suppose it went with the bike to its new owner??

Yes you're right 2bims, it came with the bike, so I let it go with the bike, too kind by half Laughing
Can't remember why it was on a Y-plate, just wish I hadn't sold it Sad
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
Ah that's what the pins look like!. What number of the 100 was your fe Paul ?, mine was reg'd in 1999 and is No 44

Mine was No 36, bought it from a chap near Nottingham, I spotted it on Auto trader less than an hour after he listed it so was first in the queue!
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
TVRRICH wrote:

Mine was No 36, bought it from a chap near Nottingham, I spotted it on Auto trader less than an hour after he listed it so was first in the queue!

Ive just realised yours is the bike that was tested in classic motorcycle mechanics in 2011, is that after you owned it ?
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know that! I sold it early in 2009 when I was told I was being made redundant . I should have waited to see how things panned out, I would probably still have it now. I sold it to John Fallon at Made in Italy Motorcycles, not sure how long he kept it before moving it on.
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was Made in Italy that lent them the bike for the test, they are thanked at the end of the article, it was in March 2011 edition of Classic Motorcycle mechanics, got mine off e bay after 2 Bims told me about the test on the FE being in it.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article must have made a good impression to spur you into buying one, must look out for that article. It would make sense as John Fallon told me he was buying it for his personal collection at the time.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
The article must have made a good impression to spur you into buying one, must look out for that article. It would make sense as John Fallon told me he was buying it for his personal collection at the time.

I believe I have that magazine Paul....as at one time I collected any magazine with an article with Bimotas in that I owned....but now I've gone down to magazines only with my actual bikes in...as in the very bike I have....and not another serial number version of it....its yours for nostalgia next time we meet...I'll set it aside for you
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that 2bims, much appreciated, I look forward to reading it, ta Very Happy
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just looked through some photos of my old DB2EF and my tail light appears to be the same as the Rich's EF, so as 2bims suggests, maybe the EFs had a different lens to earlier DB2 models.

My 94 DB2SR also has the 'plain lens' type light fitted. So maybe the 'twin light' type is the rare one or just what Bimota could get at the time?
Jimip86

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my new super rare tail light has turned up, problem is it's far too new and shiny to fit !! , will have to keep it safe in its box out of harms way.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And its in its original Manufacturers box also.........glad it arrived OK.....and that YOU bought it....as you will never know how close I was to buying it when I found it....had they had 2 of them I would defo have bought...yet another spare...but likewise would probably have kept it in its box....whilst still running the used part...like so many other bits I have......... Shocked
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Rarer than a rarer thing can ever be rare...and to think ...this dealer had 3 of them lying around on his shelf...now all gone...BooHoo.......

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Fanale-Stop-Completo-Originale-Cagiva-Freccia-C-12-Ducati-888-1994-800058677-/151673300446?hash=item23506ee5de:g:2JAAAOSwBLlVS0Dy

He also has the LHS switchgear, same as used on Bimota Db2, Ducati 900ss...a NOS item....getting very very rare also nowadays...Hmmm...do I need a spare LHS switchgear???

Is that the lhs switchgear advertised as for the Cagiva Freccia C9/12 etc ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: