Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Air filter replacement recommendation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
driift

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Air filter replacement recommendation? Reply with quote

While adjusting my oil pump I decided to xheck my air filters. One I removed the screen mesh I rubbed the filters between my fingers and they crumbled. Anyone replace filters? What did you use or recommend? Oiled ? These are original 17 years old and definitely need replacing. Thanks. Tim
driift

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it looks like fuel injected bike ....
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a lot of Bimotas....coz we've no dealers/service agents...or parts availability... a lot of us just buy this stuff...you can probably cut up at least 4 from the size of piece they send you...and use the wire also if you need to hold it in place....can be oiled or not oiled...your choice....its double density foam...whereby one half of the sandwhich is thicker and finer than the other....which way round you fit it they dont tell you though...And on special offer at the moment....just use scissors to cut to size...
Size is 300x200....even cheaper still if you just want the foam and not the mesh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350638602461?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
driift

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome 2bims. Appreciated. Tim
driift

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ram air ......

Hi,

The darker and thicker foam faces the incoming air

I hope this helps

Regards
2bims

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Driift...I always wondered but never enquired...annoyingly though as I had saved RamAir in my ebay watch list...I've now ordered another sheet of the stuff seeing as it was on special offer....So you now owe me 4.99GBP..... Laughing

Thicker to the outside...thicker to the outside....must remember...S'pose its a bit like the Old age Medieval days...THicker Cannon Fodder troops to the front....have to find ways to trigger my memory nowadays...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: