Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Lets keep our eyes on them !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOFFER

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Lets keep our eyes on them ! Reply with quote

Just thought it would be nice to start a thread for everyone to use as a reference point to identify where V-Dues are either for sale or coming for sale. As we know there are a few out there that are for sale in dealers but with a joined up approach we will have a better idea of who is selling what and what the background is to them. I will start the ball rolling with 2 I have spotted recently and it would be nice if others chipped in as and when bikes are spotted for sale.

1. Raceways in Fleetwood have an original injection bike described as new and one of the original 16 bikes delivered to UK but not returned. Sadly the price is £19K and engine mods unknown so it looks like overpriced tat to me.
2. Made in Italy motorcycles have a Trofeo in the bikes about to come in section of the website. No price as yet but the last one he sold was circa £20K but its brand new. In my opinion as a reputable dealer he should really explain the difference between standard V-due and a Trofeo in terms of race exhausts , no headlight etc but other than that and the top heavy anticipated price it looks fine to me.
driift

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long it's not to call attention negatively to selling prices. Best part of vdue ownership for myself is enjoying the bike. This means riding first and foremost, appreciating it's stunning form that can truly only be experienced in person, but also and somewhat indirectly the speculation aspect. Far too often I see would be market experts on forums giving their opinion of values. A seller can ask anything they want and rightly so. It's simply worth what someone is willing to spend and no more. Let the sellers demand higher asking prices, the vdue deserves that respect. People looking to purchase resort to forums as this for guidance, let the markets decides pricing. I had a zx7r k1 that guys in forums stated it was worth $5k. Sold for $12,500.

I have owned at one point or another just about every two stroke known to man and many of the homologation super bikes rc30, zx7r etc. NOTHING compares to the vdue experience.

I rode my vj23 lucky strike after the vdue. Vj23 great bike super quick on the top end to 13k rpm but nowhere near the vdue's visceral grunt or the unique handmade feel. The vdue is in a world of its own and for those of us select few that are so fortunate to one own and even more fortunate have it sorted and be able to ride it is what dreams are made of.

Tim
Vdue super groupie
USA.
BOFFER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have the wrong idea about my post Tim and have gone off on a tangent about how great V-dues are and how any price is a good price to buy them for. You are looking into it a bit too deeply in my opinion. The idea is simply to note where they are for sale, nothing more, nothing less. As for value, you are correct, many will pay only what they think the bike is worth and quite right but many will come on this forum looking for the advice of forum members with opinions on bikes for sale at dealers. I was merely stating the facts. The bike at Raceways has been for sale for a long long time, a couple of years I think now. The reason is that its one of the first bikes sent over by Bimota and has never been back and in Pieros exact words are best left as ornaments, do not ride them until the engine internals have been upgraded as they will blow up. Wise words. At nearly 20K asking price someone may wish to buy it as an ornament or will hope it runs fine without being modified, it wont. On that basis I wouldn't want to put anyone off it but would rather arm them with the knowledge. Some people do buy them as ornaments, Guy Martin being one of them but most of us would rather ride them. As for the made in Italy Trofeo its a great bike but any newbie wouldn't always realise that its effectively a race bike and will need a bit more effort to get road ready. Overall though its brand new and seems fine to me and the price will be up-to the buyer if they think its fair. Enjoy your bike and hope this clarifies my post.
BOFFER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just as type I spot another 3 for sale. Matty, gufi and skyline mark. It seems Skyline mark has sold his already. Matty is UK based and a member on this forum and was a multiple v-due owner. Gufi is out of the UK. All bikes look the business and will no doubt be a treat for any new owner. If you buy them, make yourself a member on here and share it with us. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: