Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB7 Rear disc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg2809

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: YB7 Rear disc Reply with quote

I've recently acquired a YB7 in Australia. Can anyone advise me on the following?

1. is there is a rear disc available to suit maybe from another bike? Plenty of new fronts for sale only.
2. are throttle / hand controls off Yamaha?
3. has anyone successfully reupholstered the seta back to original?

Thanks Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo....and welcome to the Forum........Congrats on your purchase and introduction to Bimota ownership....the first rule of course being....never assume.......Presumably your bike has white 3-spoke Oscom Bimota logo'd wheels? In which case it should have 320mm brembo cast iron full floater discs....with a 25mm or such deep offset as the Oscom wheels have a very narrow width across the spindle......In which case there ARENT many replacements available....a lot of ebay retailers may say their discs fit...but they will have the wrong offset and spacer would be needed....be very very careful in finding a supplier if you need front discs also.....or ask on here.....I know of suppliers in france and Germany but thats it....and roughly 600euro a pair.......

And the rear discs are "specials" also....but can be found here

http://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/yb4/brake-disc-rear-perforated-steel,-diameter-230-mm-detail.html?Itemid=470

Or here if you prefer non drilled....good prices also for new as they include brake pads and bolts

http://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/yb4/brake-disc-rear-steel,-diameter-230-mm-detail.html?Itemid=470

And he sells the front discs also at 600 euros for a pair

http://www.bimota-parts.de/en/component/virtuemart/yb4/2-bremsscheiben-detail.html?Itemid=470

Pretty sure the switchgear is Yamaha...but I'm sure others will chime in and help out...at least with the links above you can check the dimensions against what you have....evidently a picture of the bike would help as I am assuming it has standard Bimota wheels, brakes etc etc.....so back to rule one. Never assume Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....rubber pad material is still being manufactured...and is simply glued to the fibreglass seat unit

Search for "race seat Foam" and check for thickness required (measure that on the removable bump stop plate)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Race-Seat-Foam-500mm-x-250mm-Self-Adhesive-Backing-20mm-Thick/281100210772?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D7ae73f5771324ab3aa3340c4231426e7%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D131856479977

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sticky-backed-motorbike-race-trackday-seat-foam-330mm-x-400mm-x-25mm-thick-/131856479977?hash=item1eb34236e9:g:boAAAOSwPe1TzKs3
greg2809

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Yes 3 spoke white. Fronts appear fine but rears are scored a little
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the lateral movement "around" the discs rotor...i.e. see if the discs moves fore and aft around the rotor as the bobbins can wear the rotor....side to side movement parallel to the spindle is fine as they are full floaters....they have a lot of iron in them so get a lot of surface rust easily...but cleans off with wire wool or first application of the brakes also works....

Any history on the bike? Mileage? Last used? Is it running/been ridden recently? photos? We love photos...it keeps us interested in answering

Rear discs are specific to Bimota as they are specific to that Oscom white back wheel....so very few suppliers left...the contact in Germany has them remanufactured from a supplier he knows...doesnt speak or read or write english though....so to contact Rudolf you have to use plain english and use google translate to send in German...with details like part number, link to his site etc.....He only takes Direct bank transfer though...no paypal or credit card...but hes been around for years and is trustworthy....used by many on here Wink
greg2809

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its number 119 and has 9,000 kms on it. Full road registration.

Condition not concourse but A1. Never dropped, new Michelins. About to buy another one so will upload photos in a couple of weeks time when I learn how and when I get back home from Bermuda.
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the purchase. Wow, you're quick! You've only just purchased your first Bimota and you're already talking about adding to the fleet.

There are a few YB7s floating around for sale in Australia at the moment.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight correction to earlier posts......got confused between YB4 and YB7...as I always do....the 4 being the 750 and the 7 being the 400....think rear discs are still the same as 230mm...but front discs are different at 280mm...and same as Db1 discs....which are just as rare unfortunately........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: