Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5 won't start...do not know what to do

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: DB5 won't start...do not know what to do Reply with quote

Hi all,

i just changed the exhaust on my DB5. the original to a galasetti, its just a slip on so no major changes. afterwards i fired up the engine and gave it a ride. fine so far but i noticed than that the indicators did not work. with not working i mean that all 4 did not work and also the sign in the cockpit was not working. after that i put the bike on the stand and wanted to restart . but it did not work.

i had to push the bike back to the garage. i had the battery loaded up now but that did nothing.

when turning around the key to ignition position at first everything is normal . the cockpit (KOSO) does everything completely normal, all lights show up, nothing unusual. also the fuel pump is running up. but thats it. oh yes and the low beam and back light is shining

the ignition button does NOTHING. and yes i am pulling the clutch, i do haveneutral in and sidestand in.

what is also NOt working: indicator lights including the cockpit sign (only wotking at start up),
low /high beam switch
Horn
headlight flasher

what is working:

the kill button: pressing it makes the fuel pump start again

can it be that i do have a dead battery. i do remember that the low/high beam switch did work at first after the short ride. but than not anymore

i am thinking that given the sign that somehow all the signals from the left handelbar are not going through . all the switches on the left side do nothing, obviously including the clutch switch. this stops the ignition button on the right side to start the starting procedure.

i checked the connection under the cockpit but from eyesight did not find anything loose.

pls help guys!
cheers,

robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: