Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

V-Due MOT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveknowles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: V-Due MOT Reply with quote

Well the old girl flew through the MOT today, only problem was the rear brake light presure switch, which needs the strength of a pmt'd gorilla to make it work. Will have to remove it and get a replacement. Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like lack of use Steve Laughing
Glad it passed with no hassle Wink
steveknowles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not wrong there! have to say I very rarely use the back brake Laughing Have been invited to show the bike at the Uttoxeter show, so lots of polishing and fettling required, as well as riding ! Recently bought a new (non Bimota I'm afraid) toy, so the V-Due hasn't been out much.
zombie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats your inside track on the Vdue Evo on Ebay at the moment Steve?
steveknowles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The write up looks genuine, it is an evo 3 and Piero is the man to buy from,they do all have to be registered on Italian plates then imported and re registered. Odd that on the photo of the dash he has it set to show H2O rather than the zero mileage, but hey ho! 14K seems a little steep (hope he's right 'cos then mine is worth more than the 10K I paid for it with 600 miles on the clock). You'd have to factor in a few bob to get it running right. piero and the boys put the carbs etc on, but don't set up the bike, so carbs and autolube pump would need setting up, the exup valves and motors seize with lack of use so may need sorting and the oil seal behind the dry clutch dries up and weeps knackering the plates. Also the fairing and bellypan need checking as the airbox for the carbs is bigger and puts the plastics under a lot of stress, mine is running an aftermarket bellypan designed for the larger race airbox as the original exploded over a bump. On the plus side once sorted it's a brilliant bike and you won't meet many out there on the road, I've not come across another, but have to say it's not day to day practical
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: