Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Paoli RSU 46, did browse the forum and Paoli manual, to lazy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bimotasen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Paoli RSU 46, did browse the forum and Paoli manual, to lazy Reply with quote

Hi All

Got some questions - to lazy to use hours for research....
Got the Paoli manual and some of the tools I guess.

Got to do the overhaul of a few of these forks....and before I disassemble and mess up big time... by trial and ERROR

1. Oil type ...SAE 10? Or any recommendations for going alternative route... both setup for road and track, knowlegde is welcome
2. Oil amount?
3. Fork seals and dust seals ...ZX9 46 mm will do the job right?
4. To my understanding the preload ajusters from ZX9 C, E is not plug and play, does plug and play items exist?
5. Fork (inner) tubes? Have a set with bend ones and a set without any at all. (thank god I have 2 sets that are straight(-ish)) Will ZX9 E 46 567 do the job? Or are they a no go? Or will other ZX ...crosser KX/WR/YZ/RM etc fit or easy-ish to shorten modify...or?
6. Fork Bushings 46x50x12 from the usual suspects fit?
7. Any models where springs will inter change? Got a pile of springs Wilbers and orig paoli ... but have no clue what is the best option ... as I remember the Wilbers is to hard and the paoli to soft Smile

Sorry for the funny english....

Cheers Peter

Bimota SB6 for the Road frame 289
Bimota SB6 for the Track frame 281 - looking for a 750 engine and convert it to a SB7 replica ....Danish Classic superbike championship class 89-98 max 750 cc Wink
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fork / dust seals are similar to ZX9R, these are common to a lot of 46mm forks

There's a thread in the SB area that covers both fork overhaul and the ZX9R fork top conversion.
There are replacement stanchions available - I think it's this but check, my Germany is very poor http://www.ebay.de/itm/BIMOTA-SB6-02-Gabelstandrohre-chrom-/111887732168?hash=item1a0d074dc8:g:2O4AAOSwGotWqRwt

Not sure about the springs, I guess that depends on the rider and what you want it for
Bimotasen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Evilchicken0 Wink got the seals confirmed then

What im fishing for is if any other than the Bimota stantions would work....

See I have a litlle spare parts shop on the side - so I dont like paying 469 Euros Wink

If the 1 mm shorter Zx9 will work for a fractions of the prices - It also comes in funny colours like red and black Wink -

I could offcourse just buy one and try ... but a lot less expensive if one said: "been there done that, didnt work"

Thx in advance Peter

Bimota SB6 for the Road frame 289
Bimota SB6 for the Track frame 281 - looking for a 750 engine and convert it to a SB7 replica ....Danish Classic superbike championship class 89-98 max 750 cc Wink
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't say I've either been there or done that Smile

Got a spare pair of springs though, they're in the green box
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: