Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Steam from the right side DB5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchu2x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Generally the crankcase "breather" tube is just that....a plain open empty tube that flows into the airbox.....the filter in the airbox is at the far other side under the front of the petrol tank...so yes....any "sucking" from the fuel/air intakes would be breathing in unfiltered air...the crankcase breather does have a baffle plate on it...but thats fitted at the base of the tube on the crankcase.

I've looked at my DB5 and yes....theres a small container for the tube just before the airbox, black plastic...and yes...its very close to the cooling fins of the rear cylinder.....the rear cylinder gets hotter than the front on all Ducati engines.....and maybe has melted the container if the engine has been left running with the bike standing...as theres no air flow to cool it.

2 pack epoxy bond and insulating ally tape would fix it if you have a hole in it.

I'd suggest removing the tank to see.....remove the front screw of the seat, and the one underneath between the two exhaust pipes...then remove the front tank fixing and remove the tank....gives you access to the container and then I'd remove the airbox tank cover, 4 or 6 small screws....then check the contents of the airbox...and clean the airfilter...its a fairly easy job...that is if the tank quick release fuel couplings are still OK

Do you have the workshop manual for the tank removal???

got it.

i had the tank removed just 500kilometres ago because of my oil overfill problem and looked inside the airbox. as in the other thread , the airbox and the filter was in virgin condition.

i will fix the container with epoxy and wrap heat shield tape around it. you can slightly push back the container from the cylinder, which i hope will give me enough space to do it.

the container actually permanently touches the cylinder, this is a misconstrunction in my eyes. also air flow would not work to prevent that melting from happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: