Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Got an itch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Got an itch Reply with quote

Hello......started thinking of a new exhaust style on db9 which basically uses the 1098 and 1198 format, therefore (without too much modification) any db9...7 or DB8 exhaust will fit.

I have access to the arrows db9 titanium exhaust 2 into 1 aswell as the OEM DB9 exhaust but currently looking at others....non 2 into 1.

The Motorcorsa DB7 or 8 unit is available at 3030gbp ....but only the headers and only up to the rear ZARD end can
......lot of money...just to scratch an itch.....and then there is endcan question

I found some Italian manufactures of HPE and gala....something exhausts...not the prettiest but the preferred 2 into 2 design.

So the question is ....what are you running on your DB 7-8 and 9s?.

And have you brought a bike into the country only to retro fit the OEM Bimota exhaust and the other one is holding up the child's bike in the garage and may go to a new home...me!

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this on my DB7. Takes out the cat and slides straight into headers. Pipes are 50mm+ all the way through system

But it is LOUD

This is their website.
http://www.galassettisystem.altervista.org/portale/

and Bimota page

http://www.galassettisystem.altervista.org/portale/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37&Itemid=49
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort28

Many thanks...I have looked at this website but they only list a 2 into 1 system...I am guessing that the one you have may no longer be made.

I am really after a 2 into 2 rather than a 2 into 1 for my 'new next thing'.
I have started gathering spares....frame sections...tank...seat ...bellypan
all BIMOTA OEM DB7-8 based.
Hoping to mate them to something a bit different...can't say any more (in case I screw up), but really want to go 2 into 2 from the exhaust manifold.

If I cannot find what I want in Europe may have to be the Japanese MotoCorsa headers...but they are very expensive
...any help would be appreciated...even a set of standard DB7 or 8 headers ....pre cat....even a borrow of the pipes so that I can get a set made using the OEM units as a pattern

Gavin

vort28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only got these last year , did'nt check they were still on the site to be honest , but maybe they still make them. I think there are others that make something similar.

This is the pipe itself, replaces everything apart from the short headers that used to go into the original cat.

Although just re-reading your post and do you mean a 2 into 2 , but 1 pipe on either side of the bike ??

Last edited by vort28 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort28,

I did consider 2-2 with 1 each side (in fact the first design was just that) but I settled on 2-2 same side exit.

Your exhaust end cans look ideal and very lonely

I want the headers (and indeed the end cans) like these. But that is not so important as.... the headers
The spare DB9 system I have, is OEM 2-1 and I really do not want to cut and shut that unit. It would be cleaner to use OEM headers or buy new headers and work from there.

I have bought from Japan before but it is fraught with problems ...not to mention charges...but the Motocorsa headers are the only ones that I have seen on sale

.......unless ANY of you know differently?

Gavin

vort28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will bare it in mind when I am looking for bits and let you know
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know where your Helmet money went.....heres the lawsuit against the brothers who expensed their lifestyle from the funds....with all details of bikes and cars bought, holidays taken, stripclubs....etc etc...well...at least they enjoyed themselves whilst it lasted......... Crying or Very sad

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/failed-hud-helmet-maker-skully-spent-r-d-money-on-strip-1785093398
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims, there was me thinking that you found a Motorcorsa exhaust for me....only to see that you posted your answer on the wrong thread.

Just as I had finished wiping my mouth and moving on....you go and replay the whole sordid Skully's thing all over again.

I have also blown money on inappropriate things...but never other people's.

I hope that they learn from their mistakes but, if convicted, leave jail with a arse like a clown pocket.

As for the exhaust...currently working on something...all Bimota based...I still could screw it up.
.but hopefully there may be something to show by turn of the year.

Other than that...thanks for reminding me ....I was just about getting over it

Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for that gav......didnt mean to stir up things.....usually I might try to but it wasnt my intention this time...for once.....Thought you'd like to know that they at least had fun with the money....although I do like your reference to "arse like a clowns pocket"....not quite sure what it means...but it sure made me laugh......

Corse corse....Hhmmm.......The rear end cans...no headers...and only one link 2:1:2 pipe on my DB2 cost the previous owner some 1500gbp...and that was way back in 1996....quality stuff though....feather light and noisey and exquisitely made of course as you'd expect........And...I nearly pressed the buy button on a full Corse titanoum system for my DB5R once...2nd hand in Holland.....seller wanted 2500gbp....but then they were over 3500gbp when new...and yup...just the exhausts....would mean a rechip/tune on the ECU though which is why I held off...phew I thought......

Another on here has been waiting for over 3 months just for a Flush screen for his DB7 from Moto Corse in Japan...and that was 2 months ago...still not sure if he has it...yet evidently has paid for it already...hope you get something sorted
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims.......I am sure that I will find something that will make this project look a bit different from the norm or standard.......and being an engineer...I care not a jot for Euro 4.....not good ever came from strangling an engines performance via its exhaust or via the EU and their latest directives.

As for having an arse like a clown's pocket........every year the circus came to Glasgow and the jugglers would send (skywards)..apples...pears and what have you...anyway, the Clowns with their hand in their ownpockets, would catch these apples or pears, just by leaning into the direction of the falling fruit...such was the slackness or baggyness of their trouser pockets.

Gavin

mick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin,I have the Galassetti two into two exhaust on my db7 it's the same as Vorts. I am considering fitting a two into one system on mine and would be interested the arrow system.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mick wrote:
Hi Gavin,I have the Galassetti two into two exhaust on my db7 it's the same as Vorts. I am considering fitting a two into one system on mine and would be interested the arrow system.

Strange, that is what I was going to say !! Laughing Laughing
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay........I have a complete OEM DB 9 exhaust 2 into 1 with the standard Bimota endcan complete with baffle.

I would therefore need a complete 2 into 2 db7 exhaust.

Mine is 1800 miles old and I have just had the headers refurb end by a local metal finisher....not polished ....more standard dressed finish to get the blues and straws out and back to standard finish

Mine was replaced by the titanium Arrows 2 into 1 unit at the factory in Rimini...so hopefully no crossed threads!!

Happy to post images this weekend.

Based in Essex.

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And heres the pictures that "I am happy to Post...."

Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, if like me, you struggle with posting pictures on the Forum, I would like to thank Brian from Oz and in this case 2Bims.
....many thanks from a tech Luddite.

So...there are the images of my OEM DB9 exhaust which should be interchangeable with the DB 7 and 8 ..
Try it before you buy or swap...if you like...just cover the postage if you do not want it.
There this also a new exhaust hanger to suit the 7 and 8 included in the fitting kit......likewise there is a Db killer ......should you feel the need.

Anyone interested please contact me.

Thanks again to 2bims......I will try to fathom out this internet malarkey

Gavin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: