Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB9 SRI intake rubbers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eLo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: YB9 SRI intake rubbers Reply with quote

Hi all!
I´m new to this forum and already in need of some advice...
I´ve started to strip down my 1997 YB9 SRI for an overhaul. One of the things that needs replacing are the intake rubbers. Are these the same for this model as for the Yamaha YZF 600 Thundercat (with its 36mm carbs)?
Also - could someone please point me in the right direction regarding parts for the Paioli units, both front and rear?
E
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there...and welcome to the Forum....I'm sure others will be along...but you say you have the YB9SRI???...So this is the fuel injected engine where Bimota added the fuel injection to the FZR600 engine? and hence no carbs?...thus inlet rubbers will probably be different??

What Paoiloi parts do you need? presumably you have the 41mm forks? and maybe need seals?

There are exploded parts diagrams on here from BimotaClassicParts.

http://www.sfogliami.it/flip.asp?sc=hpv5v2kdltkle5p6um3op73orusuquh3&ID=117652#page/26

Might help you identify which parts you are looking for...
eLo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I´ve taken off the injection system for inspection and new seals and when looking at the inlet rubbers they are marked "4HJ" which is a Yamaha branding for their own parts. (The engine itself is of course also marked "4HJ"). The Thundercats (also "4HJ") never had injection, only carbs.
I´ve compared the the rubbers with the ones on my spare engine (from an FZR"3HE" - carburetor engine) and the design of the rubbers themselves seem very alike apart from the diameter - 32mm on the "3HE" and 36mm on the injection system, same as the Thundercat carbs.
So to make it short - can I use the inlet rubbers for the carb-version 36mm on my injection system?
As for the Paioli question - thanks for the link, it was exactly what I was looking for!
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They often use the Yamaha parts even if the bikes was carb'ed beforehand.
Makes it easy, the 3 digit number 4HU will be the starting of the part number then the 5 digit inlet rubber standard number which follows similarly no matter what engine it is, followed by a suffix which can differ if theres say different lengths involved or perhaps different colours etc. You should be able to work it out. Note sometimes people will tell you to use rubbers off a particular series as they work better, this makes things a bit more complicated unless part numbers are supplied by the people in the know.
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They often use the Yamaha parts even if the bikes was carb'ed beforehand.
Makes it easy, the 3 digit number 4HU will be the starting of the part number then the 5 digit inlet rubber standard number which follows similarly no matter what engine it is, followed by a suffix which can differ if theres say different lengths involved or perhaps different colours etc. You should be able to work it out. Note sometimes people will tell you to use rubbers off a particular series as they work better, this makes things a bit more complicated unless part numbers are supplied by the people in the know.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha stubs will have the part number and corresponding cylinder moulded into the carb / injection edge. I haven't got a YB9 but I have Thundercat 4TV and Foxeye 4JH engines. I'll see if I have a picture of them.

Alternatively there are these on the bay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZR600R-FZR-600-R-4JH-CARB-CARBURETTOR-INLET-INTAKE-RUBBERS-x-4-/262555413369?hash=item3d2185ab79:g:es4AAOSwZ1BXdjxX

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-YZF600R-YZF600-R-THUNDERCAT-CARB-CARBURETOR-INLET-INTAKE-RUBBERS-x-4-/252496930328?hash=item3ac9fd6618:g:3BIAAOSwygJXhT0-

or new

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YZF-600-RN-Thunder-Cat-2002-Intake-Inlet-Rubber-Kit-x4-/301480583396?hash=item4631a4a0e4:g:adQAAOSwk5FUsA2W

Have a look at them and see if they match yours, maybe you could buy a set to have a look, they're not expensive.
eLo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimotabob - yes, I think I´ll manage to find the correct parts number.
Evilchicken0 - yes, I spotted this on eBay as well. By the looks of it they match, but a bit hard to tell the actual sizes. Used items are no option this time, I´ll only replace them with new ones. Mine are not to badly cracked (and only on the outside), but I think it´s a good thing for peace of mind especially since the bike will be my track day bike for next season. Do you happen to know what size the carbs on your Foxeye 4HJ engine?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know ... I'll try to find the cabs but probably not until next week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: