Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Hb1 400 four kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Hb1 400 four kit Reply with quote

Hi all, just joined today to be honest in hope that any of you can shed some light on what I have. Its a 350 four which came in from Italy years ago and spent most of its life in the back of a shed. What I do know it has a hb1 body kit ,twin disc front ,single disc rear ,freni caliper ,marving exhaust system and f m c five spoke mag wheels. The tank and seat are in fiberglass and definatley old. I have done a bit of research and the rear caliper might be campagnolo ? Its the wheels that intrigue me . what I know for sure is the rearsets are homemade. any info good or bad will be greatly appreciated. Cheers and have a great weekend
PS having trouble uploading pics
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rocco...and welcome to the Forum...I think you may have posted on PS Facebook page? Saw something somewhere where questions were asked about fmc wheels... a picture or 2 paints a thousand words and helps any others out there that maybe able to help you....

From recollection the HB1's were kits of around 10 in total originally...and several copied versions came out also from others around the same time...as they were mostly kits...they came in stages depending on what people paid....either just frame and bodywork....or suspension, brakes and wheels also....depending on wallet size...Freni is italian for brakes....will happily upload for you...

Last edited by 2bims on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as if by Magic....the images appear...

Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know the rear caliper is a delta as it says delta Freni on it, thanks to 2bims ( 2 bimotas ? )for offering to upload the pics for me, I think I have sent them ok Question The only other forum I have asked Questions on was the sohc one were I got some good info but the jury is still out on what I have or haven't got.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the language maybe hard to decipher....but the parts sure look similar...same rear light unit/seat...tank etc...

http://caferacer.blog62.fc2.com/category7-1.html
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

part way down this page is the original bimota advert for the kit

Braced chrome moly frame, swingarm for concentrics, plastic or ally tank, and seat unit...

http://clingonforlife.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/bimota-racing-cb750.html
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: CB400 Bimota Kit Reply with quote

Hello,

Bimota made tank and seat kits for the CB400/500/550 and Z1 and also included swinging arms as well as cast wheels, as mentioned in the bible PPs14-16. Motocicliveloce in Italy and Officine08 also make some replica parts for these bikes. As they weren't sold as complete bikes, you can do pretty much any spec. you like, and most of the parts are stock CB350/400.

Cheers, MikeJ

P.S. It's not actually a HB1 as these only applied to the 750 full kit with the frame. As far as I know they never made a frame for the 400.

Last edited by Mike Jennings on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tank is fibreglass and extremely light.( I will seal it before I put fuel in. ) It also fits straight on to my Honda CB 750 sohc.The seat is fibreglass but very heavy. The wheels I think are magnesium with F C M on one spoke. That's pretty much it until I open up the motor and see if it's standard or not.
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

you'll probably find that the seat unit has an inbuilt twist downward to the left and the tank is higher on one side- I don't know why but they all seem to do it! The 750 tank has a flat top panel like the Z1 tank, while the 400 tank has a concave top and a shorter 'nose'. Normally, the seat pad is red with a stitched in line defining an inverted U-shape like the HB1- I haven't found a source of these seats as yet.

Anyway, it looks like a really nice bike and should be fun on the roads,

Cheers, MikeJ

P.S. They also made some bits for two stroke Suzukis and others but it's hard to find details. There are occasionally swinging arms available on ebay and the replica parts can be pretty expensive. You could try Bimota classic parts in Italy for info. Airtech in the states make tanks and seats.
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth is going on with those caliper mounting bolts ?
Monkeyrocco

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the temporary bolts in the rear will be correct , just picked up the bike the other week needs lots of attention yet, just trying to establish what's what before I renovate. Thanks to all for your input.
The tank appears to be flat topped even though it doesn't look like in the pics. I won't be doing any painting off the tank and seat think I will leave as is. Stumped on the wheels still.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: