Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB9S !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richtea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 2bims.
Got out today for a ride,and it's slightly better,but both rear and front end preload is still too hard. Have made some adjustments which follow along your suggestions of backing everything off then working from there....so we shall see what occurs!......almost lost my teeth a few times today,over not such big bumps in the road,so am hoping the new settings will ease the jolts on my ageing body!
Here's to the next test ride! (Ps. Have always got on well with Ohlins gear,so I eventually may have to go down that route,but will certainly give the current shock and forks a good go!)
Thanks again for the info and suggestions!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I would want to dissuade you away from this Forum....but the same RAC 50mm Marzochhi front forks...and Extreme Tech rear shocks were also high end fitment on the upspec'd specials made by Benelli...and theres quite a few threads on the Benelli Forum re adjusting fronts and backs...as they suffer the same issues........
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: DB9 S Reply with quote

Richtea...........please correct me, but I thought the DB9 S is the single disc thingy..isn't it?

I have changed the front RAC 50 fork internals for the Matris ones ...superb by the way.... but I believe they are only suitable on the twin disc set up DB9 type.

Likewise, I have fitted the Matris rear shock, before finding out that a OHLINS TTX, from a Honda CBR1000RR has the same stroke and settings...although not sure of actual fitment.

My Ohlins TTX, came via Ben at Bimota UK after many months of him chasing Bimota Rimini....I think it is exactly the same as the DB7 and DB8 Ohlins when cross referenced....with Andrieti Ohlins ITALY

On another front......I did not change the exhaust hanger....on mine, it is linked to the passenger footpeg assembly and any of my passengers have still got 2 legs (appologies to any one with only one..so to speak....out there)

I hope this may help

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
richtea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gavin,
Yes,it has the single disc thingy! Am going to try fully soft on the fork preload,then ratchet it back from there to see if I can get it to my liking!
I have no intention of putting a pillion on the bike,hence the exhaust bracket. Am about to go ahead with a local firm,to have one manufactured out of carbon fibre,so hopefully it will be in keeping with the bike. I saw a db9 for sale in lincoln at Italiamoto (I think!) and saw it had an exhaust hanger,so will try to replicate that!
The rear shock issue will be a long term project,but am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a setting that suits me and my riding,without having to change it. I also have KTech up the road from me,who might be able to make subtle alterations if need be.
Thanks for your input and tips so far...and as I'm sure I'll be after a few more in the oncoming months,I hope you don't mind me posting questions on here! Let me know if you are coming ooop north to the Midlands,so I can have a gander at your machine!
Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions are what we're here for...at least they make us feel wanted....
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richtea...............I am not trying to change your mind but DRT SCHEIDER have a complet DB8 carbon mono rear for abour 1100 euro and interchangable
....you just take off the DB9 alloy plates and seat...even your seat (the upholstered bit will fit on it.) and bolt in place with HiTension bolts

After that ....it is a carbon number plate thingy or a rizoma one and Fanny is your aunt....or is it Bobs your uncle

Hope this helps with the confusion

reagrds
Gavin

richtea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: DB9s update! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Been a while since last on this forum!
A year on from purchasing a DB9s and it’s just had its first annual service!
With regards to suspension issues,finally have got things sorted....by K- Tech putting new front springs and an oil change in the front forks,and having a ‘lighter’ (not as hard) spring put on the rear! The bike actually now handles and steers like a good ‘un!
However,as posed by other members in other posts,the fuelling is shocking!
The Ducati Performance guys (namely Cornerspeed Ducati,Nottingham) can’t talk to the ECU come what may! Therefore,is there another more straightforward way of altering the fuelling of the bike? It’s rather disconcerting when opening up the throttle mid corner,to find nothing occurs,then suddenly all hell breaks loose and you find yourself heading,unceremoniously,towards a hedge as the power suddenly comes on line! ( or maybe that’s down to my crap throttle control?!)
Would taking it to a dyno centre,and having a Dynojet/ Power commander etc. fitted,make any difference,or does it all have to still go through the ecu?
As you can probably tell,my knowledge of such things is somewhat limited!
I’m just wanting this awesome bike to actually perform in the way that it should do,and potentially can!
Any suggestions would be a real help......many thanks.
arsenic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do what i've done for my DB8, change all the electronic for a Diavel one (since it's a diavel engine), ECU, wires, dash, everything !
That's a lot of work, and it's expensive, but after that, your bike will never have any injection problem or whatsoever !
richtea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks arsenic!
Is it me,or does that sound a bit dramatic,or is this the only way to get the engine to breathe properly?
As you imply,Im guessing it’s a lot of work and an aweful lot of cash!
Would seem such a shame that in order to get this Bimota to work,one has to butcher it and alter so many original parts/ideas. Maybe this is what has to happen to all Bimota’s....part of the ownership and frustration that comes with having such a bespoke motorcycle?!
Cheers
arsenic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing is, i had a walbro injection system with the whole bimota wires and stuff and it was absolutely GARBAGE !
You can ask a bimota dealer to help you tune the ecu a bit but they have to have a specific bimota software for the walbro injection and ou bet that nobody have that in their stock...

So the only solution for me was to change the injection system and the ecu by a Ducati one (1198sbk) and after a few settings by a professional it worked perfectly, I know it’s a radical solution but it’s honestly worth it, bimotas are such great bikes but the electronics in it is absolutely rubbish...

Im sure you can find a diavel ecu and injection system + whole electronic wires used, that’s what i did. The thing that will cost you the most is obviously the work spend on your bike since they have to put it naked ...

Good luck my friend.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richtea

This is a path tread by others

In my opinion the complete change WAS the best method .......but since then I re ommended to XBikes in Wisbech a guy called Chris

Chris has worked on many Diavel engines and also spent time at the Vyrus factory building the besties. Also ran MV race team

He took my DB9 and developed a PowerCommander to piggy back therefore NOT tieing on the OEM loom

He does away with the lambda sensors and sticks a bunch of data in somewhere...

I have the real life Dyno experience along with the actual figures and graph...I can email or show the DB9 Dyno figures on the forum

Full set up including suspension was also carried out and the bike works as it should

No hesitation other than from me and lifting wheels in third....oh Lordy

He is currently trying to write a system for the supercharger project and using a Motec ECU...

I had bought all Ducati stuff (as per Asrenic and many others) but went back to Bimota stuff then on to XBikes.

wished I found him earlier....would have saved £££££.....try him if you can

Try him if you can or better still sell me your DB9s I have some one who wants one

Good luck

Gavin.

arsenic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im curious about the dyno, Gavin, show us !

Also, do you have a decat exhaust, racing air filter etc or full stock ?
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.....

I should have said Microtech ECU not Motec......anyway he is a bit of a whiz at ECU configuration.....
he contacted Walbro who knew nothing of what Bimota did with any of their products and took the base settings and Dyno run as a start point.

After some time on the Dyno he cut the feeling by up to 27% on some areas and reprogrammed accordingly

Dyno print outs are subjective ..
I have a 999r Hillclimber which gives out 142 on one Dyno...Essex performance and 121 on the Road and Tr@ck dyno

same bike no difference, both rear wheel figures

all I can say is take a base reading before and work it against the after figure

I will upload the graphs next week.....by the way the DB9 carries the titainium exhaust revised air filter...and no cat
...it also uses the shower injectors rather than the Diavel inlet injectors (although I am using the inlet injectors on the supercharger mule)

Hope this helps

Regards
Gavin

arsenic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still, the dyno give you an idea of what power the bike deliver, especially with a before/after, to see how much did you gain...
richtea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavin,
Thanks for the heads up regarding Xbikes at Wisbech....will maybe try to sort something out with them.
Have just been in contact with a performance bike centre near me,that has a dyno etc. The guys there sounded very knowledgeable about what could possibly be done,or more likely not done,with the ecu and a power commander. Will sort out a dyno run with them,see what occurs,then maybe contact the guys in Wisbech!

I have taken the baffle out of the original oem arrow exhaust,which apparently may effect the fuelling (?),but does putting in a new air filter really make a difference?

Again,many thanks for your advice...

In terms of selling the bike.....mmmmmm...it would have to be a very good offer!!!

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: