Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1999 SB8R with 6700 miles - SOLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all i have brought 2 bikes one from England a one from japan through aust importers.both times they cost me around $3500 and thats with all costs eg gst ,port costs.They were both pre 1989 models which is a $ 50 fee for a import approval with dota
Ie goverment. Post 1989 bikes need to go through compliance which takes about 6 months and costs around $2500 cheers fish
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
fish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all i have brought 2 bikes one from England a one from japan through aust importers.both times they cost me around $3500 and thats with all costs eg gst ,port costs.They were both pre 1989 models which is a $ 50 fee for a import approval with dota
Ie goverment. Post 1989 bikes need to go through compliance which takes about 6 months and costs around $2500 cheers fish
DB1-DB2SR-DB2EF-DB3-DB4 Db10 YB6-yb7_yb10-2xyb11-SB5,2xSB6-kb3-yb5-MILLE MIKEHAILWOOD HARRIS MAGMAN2-TRIUMPH T140-RG500x2-KAWA Z900-SUZUKI GSX1100-DUCATI 900SS- 750 sport ducati DUCATI F1 750- 851 tri colour-500sl-1996 Trumph datona . Vee two alchemy
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: bb Reply with quote

Yea I understand. Mine live in doors I'd keep my SB8RS as a work of art as I would the TESS. If I ever really needed the money I'd put her up for sale but I understand you can only ride one at a time.
I really enjoy riding the YB10 and the SB6 is the dogs bollards.

Enjoy the YB10 I envy you the weather
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: bb Reply with quote

BimotaBoy wrote:
Enjoy the YB10 I envy you the weather

I don't know about the weather here. LA has four seasons: earthquakes, brush fires, riots and flooding. We are at the start of the fourt season although we are being promised reprieve from the rain tomorrow until Sunday.

BTW, SB6R was the first Bimota I test rode, and fell in love with.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
who

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, until the rules change you couldn't import this bike legally unless it came in in pieces!

The 1988 cutoff still applies. Even if you got it in, you would have to wait until 2025, (if the rules didn't changer) until it could be registered on club plates.

The system we have here sucks. We need to lobby against it. The loud voice of a minority often succeeds the political luddites.

That 'Car Party' senator was doing good work in relation to making change to this status quo, but unfortunately the ruling elite in this country served him an untimely retirement.

As Ned Kelly said just prior to his hanging.... Such is life!

Rolling Eyes
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Oz is like Trump would like the New USA to be...Ban all imports so that the locals can start making and selling again and get back to work, stell industries, coal, etc etc......Although I don't think I'd just like to be riding a Harley and no other choice in the matter....Trumps recently visited Harley D...I suspect the conversations were along those lines....what with Victory going Pop, it would leave the entire USA market solely open to HD.....Even Bob of Bimota Spirit still imports new Bimotas...under a single approval scheme...but has to ship the entire bikes in pieces and drop the engine back in after arrival
who

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We no longer have a local car or bike industry. All the major and minor players have withdrawn as of pretty much today.

There is no need for these protective measures to be in place, but they still are. We all know how our politicians love the status quo?

I've been told Bimota is broke and no longer? Bankrupt again?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Bimota is no more as far as development and production is concerned (at least for now):

http://www.cycleworld.com/bimota-motorcycles-status-historic-italian-brand#page-7
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally landed myself on an Aprilia RSV Mille but the wife put her foot down and said no new bikes until one of them leaves. So, I am open to offers if anyone is truly interested in a fully road going SB8R in excellent condition with tasty upgrades.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
who

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same site but a page that pretty much spells out the end:

http://www.cycleworld.com/bimota-motorcycles-status-historic-italian-brand

Check the welding apparel...lol. Nothing like a bit of sunburn... Shocked
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures of the Master at work. I always wonder how Bimota would evolve if Tamburini stayed on... F-ing Suzuki, Yamaha et al. wouldn't sell Bimota the power trains because they were afraid it would enable Bimota to sell their bikes at a lower price point and thus grabbing a larger chunk of consumer audience while they were ripping off Bimota's frame and chassis engineering...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at the near £50k Norton V4 and plans for a 100bhp+ twin it seems Norton are worthy successors to the Tamburini philosophy and catering for clients similar to Bimota 'in the era'.

Looking at article in this months Bike magazine the comments about design and form by the CEO sound very like Bimota (technically AND cosmetically perfect, you should see something that makes you smile every time you open the garage, welds and machining are meant to be seen etc etc) .

If the main BIMOTA factory/company closes where are the jigs and info related to the older designs for the older bikes.?? Surely some market for frame kits and spares for the classic racing scene?
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
I finally landed myself on an Aprilia RSV Mille but the wife put her foot down and said no new bikes until one of them leaves. So, I am open to offers if anyone is truly interested...

For a minute there, I thought the DW had given you an ultimatum re: her or the RSV Mille. I was thinking "good trade" but... Cool
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he decides its the wife that's going...perhaps he could a picture up under a new section for the Forum...not so much readers wives...but..."willing to swap for a Bimota"....or other such 2-wheeled beauty...
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the wifey has been pretty patient. Our two car garage has 4bikes parked inside and her car is sitting under the elements. She is mindful of the family budget and of course is hoping that one day she'll be parking her car in proper garage. All my bikes are insured and with top notch coverage and insurance premiums are not cheap.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: