Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Barry Sheene FoS Sydney March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on the Bimota only display laps and it could be a possibility. We may end up going out with say the Laverda owners or some other group. If this happens, we will just go out. It will depend on timing

For the public parade laps on Sunday, you need to enter. The parade laps for the public are very popular so enter online as soon as you can. I've sent everyone an email with the links and further details.

I'm expecting over 20 Bimotas so that's a great turn out. The biggest ever in Australia. Well, any more than three would be the biggest ever Cool
shane 851

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, any more than three would be the biggest ever

I like that comment.
I think i have missed the latest email you sent,would you be able to resend it.Thanks
Will definately be there Sat and Sun,looking forward to it.
Shane
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:

I'm expecting over 20 Bimotas so that's a great turn out. The biggest ever in Australia. Well, any more than three would be the biggest ever Cool

That's outstanding Bud!!! Hoping for over 20 Bims...albeit you have a MASSIVE country compared to the UK...the sheer physical distances between places and blank open spaces inbetween means theres a lot of effort going in to at least the Bimota element to show up....Brian for one...with his epic journey, that I was tempted to ask if he needed a navigator companion to join him on his down and up trip.

And getting to do parade laps...and maybe a solo BImota one.....you are kinda putting our little attendance to shame at our Manchester Bike Show (present company of past and present attendees excepted)...we are hoping for 20 plus bikes....and our fingers are crossed also, especially as this year we have no Bimota Dealer attendance to prop up our numbers...I feel like theres a bit of a competition going on to outdo each other...and guess what....the 2 events are on over the same Goddamn Weekend!! albeit COntinents and time difference apart......I may have to "fake" appearances of bikes to try and outdo you boys

seriously though...a credit to you and all...and best of British is sent on its way to you...we all love the Brand and the bikes...and showing and spreading the word is not only good for the Brand...but mostly darn good fun

Are you guys having to pay to attend? Parade laps etc ? Hows it work DownUnder for them giving you space etc etc?..Do you at least get free tickets to show..which is pretty much the way it works on this upper half of the planet

Just be sure to remind everyone to take cameras, videos, pictures pictures pictures...we demand pictures...Oh..and lycra clad ladies also...perhaps just one or two....nice if they are sat on a Bimota also...they tend to compliment the lines of a Bimota I've found.... Laughing
Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Great to see we are outstripping the British, there are probably 10 times as many Bimotas in Britain as there are in Australia.

Is anybody else besides me coming from Melbourne? The reason I ask is that I'm hoping to tow my caravan up so it would be great if someone has room on a trailer to tow my SB4 up??

Cheers

Les
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rpo83

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les,

Steve here we met many years ago at one of the FOIM in Coburg, i had the black SB6.

I hope to be towing my SB6 and YB5 up fro Melbourne for the event, but as of yet i haven't got a trailer, if i get one that will hold 3 safely happy to help.

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeso guys...you folks certainly are quite literally "going the distance"

Melbourne to Sydney - 549 miles
Brian, Cairns way, 3 kangaroos past and one koala, to Sydney - 1,503 miles

At shows here in the UK...a singular prize is usually handed out for the person that's travelled the furthest distance to get to the show...be it on bike or bike in the back of a van...or yute???

Its physically impossible here in the UK to travel from anywhere to Manchester and cover more than 500 miles

UK's furthest points, top and bottom most extreme
Lands End to Manchester - 360 miles
John O groats to Manchester - 489 miles

I solemnly tip my hat to you all...be it far or short...kudos....
Bud977

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we've got bikes coming from all over the east coast. Great effort guys. I'm amazed at how many Bimotas there are hidden away over here.

The International Festival of Speed has a bit of everything. It is mainly a historic race meeting with guest celebrities, guest bikes, show and shine, trade displays, swap meet, dinner with the stars, and of course the parade laps. Anyone can enter the parade laps so all the spectators get a chance to have a few laps around the track. We have demonstration laps by the stars on famous bikes. I hope we can wangle a run around with them or before/after. It depends on the timing.

This is how it all works. The parade laps are free. We have to pay to get into the circuit. I convinced the main organiser that we are special and got space allocated next to the feature bikes instead of down the other end with the clubs. The race bikes are in a garage together and the display is behind to keep them together for maximum effect. This area is usually a pay per space area for the trade displays but I managed to get it for free.

Unfortunately we can't use the Barry Sheene name any more. The lawyers of the Barry Sheene estate contacted us and demanded payment and profit share to use the name. We are non-profit so we couldn't afford it. Strange, because Freddie Sheene was a guest last year. Go figure. I don't know what/if he has anything to do with it.

Two big Bimota displays on the same weekend! Can we do something with the Guiness Book of Records? Good luck with your display. It's always pretty impressive. I reckon you'll be seeing our display in some bike mags after the event.
Bud977

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les/Steve, Chas Hern and Rex are coming up from Melbourne, as well as a number of competitors. Don't know if they will be able to help, but hopefully you can get a trailer sorted.

Great view of the track from the camping area as well so it's a good spot to park a caravan.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
Yes, we've got bikes coming from all over the east coast. Great effort guys. I'm amazed at how many Bimotas there are hidden away over here.

This is how it all works. The parade laps are free. We have to pay to get into the circuit. I convinced the main organiser that we are special and got space allocated next to the feature bikes instead of down the other end with the clubs. The race bikes are in a garage together and the display is behind to keep them together for maximum effect. This area is usually a pay per space area for the trade displays but I managed to get it for free.

Two big Bimota displays on the same weekend! Can we do something with the Guiness Book of Records? Good luck with your display. It's always pretty impressive. I reckon you'll be seeing our display in some bike mags after the event.

Sounds like you've pulled a blinder there Bud....well done...and as regards convincing them that Bimotas are special? I'd have personally swam down under to wallop anyone that thought otherwise...even taking into account any bias I may have.

We have Great Big events same as yours over here...but all down South...Best place though is Europe, Germany, Belguim etc etc..all the big names from yesteryear, and you get to rub shoulders and wander through the paddocks, no areas out of bounds...opened my eyes up to how paltry our event is in effect...I've tried to get a few magazines interested in coming down...even Practical Sportsbikes that have done some 5 or 6 full 6/7 page articles on UK Bims owned by Forum Members...but they just don't seem interested...either that are they think we're all boring know-it all buggers...resentment and jealousy......

I think I should emigrate....Anyone know of any backdoors to Oz to slip 6 bimotas in through...I just couldn't go without them... Laughing
Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Hi Les,

Steve here we met many years ago at one of the FOIM in Coburg, i had the black SB6.

I hope to be towing my SB6 and YB5 up fro Melbourne for the event, but as of yet i haven't got a trailer, if i get one that will hold 3 safely happy to help.

Hi Steve,
I do remember you at the Coburg FOIM but I haven't seen you since, you have a great memory. I'll do a bit of searching around for a trailer if it helps us both out, I know of a couple but I wouldn't risk towing them to Sydney.
Cheers and if I don't see you before I'll see you there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Bud977 wrote:

Sounds like you've pulled a blinder there Bud....well done...and as regards convincing them that Bimotas are special? I'd have personally swam down under to wallop anyone that thought otherwise...even taking into account any bias I may have.

We have Great Big events same as yours over here...but all down South...Best place though is Europe, Germany, Belguim etc etc..all the big names from yesteryear, and you get to rub shoulders and wander through the paddocks, no areas out of bounds...opened my eyes up to how paltry our event is in effect...I've tried to get a few magazines interested in coming down...even Practical Sportsbikes that have done some 5 or 6 full 6/7 page articles on UK Bims owned by Forum Members...but they just don't seem interested...either that are they think we're all boring know-it all buggers...resentment and jealousy......

I think I should emigrate....Anyone know of any backdoors to Oz to slip 6 bimotas in through...I just couldn't go without them... Laughing

Well, the only other Bimotas that I've ever seen in the flesh have been in museums Shocked .

Happy to travel for 4 days round trip to attend such an event. Looking forward to meeting other Bimota owners in person. Some of whom I feel like I know really well but have only communicated with via a keyboard or phone.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les Caddaye wrote:
Hi All,
Great to see we are outstripping the British, there are probably 10 times as many Bimotas in Britain as there are in Australia.

Is anybody else besides me coming from Melbourne? The reason I ask is that I'm hoping to tow my caravan up so it would be great if someone has room on a trailer to tow my SB4 up??

Cheers

Les

Hi Les, i got some bad news for you, i got my enclosed trailer today, it will just squeeze 2 bikes into it.... i still have to get it registered, so it isn't locked in yet, but i'd say its 95%... keep in touch if you find anything else, i'd like to take mine in an enclosed trailer as i'll get them detailed before leaving Melbourne...

I booked my campsite today, so we'll have to park up near each other, as the time nears, let me know your travel details, maybe we can drive up together...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Les Caddaye wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers

Les

Hi Les, i got some bad news for you, i got my enclosed trailer today, it will just squeeze 2 bikes into it.... i still have to get it registered, so it isn't locked in yet, but i'd say its 95%... keep in touch if you find anything else, i'd like to take mine in an enclosed trailer as i'll get them detailed before leaving Melbourne...

I booked my campsite today, so we'll have to park up near each other, as the time nears, let me know your travel details, maybe we can drive up together...

Bugger. Might have to get the missus to drive the ute up. I can hire a 3 bike trailer but it isn't enclosed as I know where you are coming from there. I'll be leaving here on the Wednesday and staying at Gunning overnight. That should get me to the track about lunchtime Thursday. See you there or on the road.

Cheers
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the trailer is getting sorted, Big Bertha fits Smile

Sort of, i had to remove the screen....

Steve

Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Steve, its just not quite wide enough!!!!
See you there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: