Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Barry Sheene FoS Sydney March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 5469

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
Fantastic pictures, great to see a YB4 on-track.

2Bims - why didn't we get to do a few laps at our show? Come on man sort it out, maybe next year? LOL


Yes Lammie....I do feel that I failed in my tasks during the weekend on a few issues.....Although I did sort out the lovely ladies in ripped jeans etc to come down to the show and sit on our bikes, courtesy of Facebook....they had posted up that they were looking for bikes to sit on and I messaged them to look out for a Nun and follow the Nuns righteous path straight to heaven.....The Home of Bimota....and follow they did, to the Sea of Bimotas, and upon there they duly anointed themselves in the sea of Bimotas.....

You should have helped me and GeeKay to ride a few home....as we rode 4 back down the M60 "racetrack" late at night....ducking and weaving and Dodging traffic...twas a blast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 5469

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
But did you know it is an authentic Bimota? It has the Bimota badge of authenticity on the triple clamps and Bimota stamped on the frame. It was a great find so we stole it for our display for a little while.


Tis indeed a lovely Bike...and a nice credit to its owner in using it.....The Badges of "authenticity" on the triple clamps were/are a "non-Bimota" product of Fernando Felli....an author and lover of Bikes, and one of the 3 Journalists that rode the Bimota 500Vdues from "island to Island"...Sicily to Isle of Man....way way back when.....He still produces this metal badges today if anyone is interested, you will have to find him on Facebook and message him...reads and writes English and a nice fellow....

https://www.facebook.com/fernando.felli?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

OR.....It could be Manual Nunez Ortero...Head of the Swiss Bimota Register...also on Facebook....I've tried searching about the badges etc etc...but unfortunately Farsebook only goes back so far then they ditch stuff.....too cheap to keep all info/posts/photos etc...but I did "chat" to one or the other about these badges....and its on this Forum some where also
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Les Caddaye



Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 60
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top shots Steve, must get a few original files from you. Twas a great weekend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2bims



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 5469

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it now....it is Fernando Felli that is/was remaking them....heres the Forum post

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4166&highlight=nunez

and here is the Facebook post with details

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4166&highlight=nunez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bud977



Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 369
Location: Sydney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had the best photographer in our team. Steve's photo were among the best I saw all weekend and he even orchestrated of our own team shots. (Sorry I don't know how to link in a photo without using a hosting service, which I'm too lazy to do).

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17492609_740419569468481_7333222608222740729_o.jpg?oh=6ee7e9be7301e33df12c5db7aa6974c5&oe=59571762
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top marks to everyone who attended the show or supplied bikes! It great to put some ugly mugs to names and forum nicknames. Nice to meet all of you finally. We had some beautiful examples of Bimotas there and a really good variety of models.

Lech (Bud) did a great job organising the area for the Bimota display and everything that goes along with it, thanks mate for a top effort! Also going to the trouble of arranging some trophies to present to some of the entrants.

All in all a great turn out! Cool
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
We had the best photographer in our team. Steve's photo were among the best I saw all weekend and he even orchestrated of our own team shots. (Sorry I don't know how to link in a photo without using a hosting service, which I'm too lazy to do).

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17492609_740419569468481_7333222608222740729_o.jpg?oh=6ee7e9be7301e33df12c5db7aa6974c5&oe=59571762


I agree Lech! Steve did a great job and took some fantastic photos. Thanks a Steve and nice to finally meet you mate
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Top marks to everyone who attended the show or supplied bikes! It great to put some ugly mugs to names and forum nicknames. Nice to meet all of you finally. We had some beautiful examples of Bimotas there and a really good variety of models.

Lech (Bud) did a great job organising the area for the Bimota display and everything that goes along with it, thanks mate for a top effort! Also going to the trouble of arranging some trophies to present to some of the entrants.

All in all a great turn out! Cool


Oh! I forgot to mention too, Lech did all of this whilst also competing in the racing over the 4 days of the event. Lech did an amazing job on his very sweet YB8 race bike over the weekend competing in the period 6 class and also the top 50 class. Awesome job mate and it was great to see you improving your times with each session. It was great to be able to spend time with you in your garage doing tyre warmer and start roller duties.
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brian



Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 2699
Location: QLD, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
brian wrote:
Top marks to everyone who attended the show or supplied bikes! It great to put some ugly mugs to names and forum nicknames. Nice to meet all of you finally. We had some beautiful examples of Bimotas there and a really good variety of models.

Lech (Bud) did a great job organising the area for the Bimota display and everything that goes along with it, thanks mate for a top effort! Also going to the trouble of arranging some trophies to present to some of the entrants.

All in all a great turn out! Cool


Oh! I forgot to mention too, Lech did all of this whilst also competing in the racing over the 4 days of the event. Lech did an amazing job on his very sweet YB8 race bike over the weekend competing in the period 6 class and also the top 50 class. Awesome job mate and it was great to see you improving your times with each session. It was great to be able to spend time with you in your garage doing tyre warmer and start roller duties.


Even Andrea Iannone took time out of his busy MotoGP weekend to 'like' a FB post that I put up of Lech and his YB8 race bike!!!
_________________
Current motorcycles - '99 Bimota DB4, '96 Bimota SB6, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, 94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, 61 BSA A10 650
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

The Bimota Forum has no official connection to Bimota S.p.A.. We just ride or are interested in their motorcycles and support the brand. All trademarks are acknowledged