Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Workshop - Info Summary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb_pfalz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Workshop - Info Summary Reply with quote

Hello everybody

i have a question or maybe a suggestion
what do you think about a Summary-Post or something like that for each model, inside the engine subdivision
the content could include every information / advice or documentation etc - just facts
like (just examples):
Software = current version R7
ECU = Walbro (MY 2008)
etc etc.

only the infos - no off topic - like a wiki
do not missunderstand me, i like reading the forum, but sometimes i think it will be easier to get the most / all information in one compressed post
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where youre coming from...but the Forum isn't a "one stop" shop for bimotas....Forums are for discussion not "dart in and get out"...BUT...the real reason why not...is Bimota itself....in order to try and give the right information a discussion and exchange is needed...For example...The DB5 came with two different types of ECU...and 4 different engines...in 3 different Models...DB5Mille, DB5S and DB5R.....some 5S's have Pegaso ECU's, some have Walbro...and then the DB10 with sort of the same engine has Athena ECU...yest same clocks as later DB5S and DB5R...yet some had later clocks but earlier ECU's and theres been 3 different types of wheels...and at least 4 different engines...all sold as "DB5's"....Hence we discuss and give correct information through investigation and interrogation...Some folk come on here knowing a lot and technically minded...and then theres the other extreme, having never turned a spanner and new to the BRand...Bimotas are all hand made...the first man that fits the engine, buttons the entire bike together and then test rides it....sometimes Bimota ran out of credit with suppliers, and changed parts...DB5 comes with marzocchis, 2 types forks, or Ohlins...and on the back..2 types of Extreme Tech shocks...or Ohlins...or Wilbers units...2 bikes made the same day could be completely different...that's the nature of Hand building small volume production...not mass production conveyor belt style.

To put into perspective...Bimota have averaged 300 bikes made each year in 30 years...Ducati last year made 45,000...and Honda made 8million bikes....And that's the way we like it
pkay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great summary - although it does make we wonder why I wanted one in the first place....... Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: