Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Moto Forza Fairings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Moto Forza Fairings Reply with quote

Hello,
Have anyone bought fairings from this shop?

https://www.motoforzafairings.com/bimota/?offsetcount=12

If so, were they good?
Do they have good fitting?
or carbon monocoques are like Chinese quality
and bolt holes are almost is in the place where they have to be. Razz
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Moto Forza Reply with quote

I had a full set for a YB8e/Furano in carbon off them & was very pleased with the quality & the fit. They had made the mould from an original Furano fairing, so the decals were in relief on the carbon. I've left mine plain carbon, but I guess the decal reliefs would assist in painting in what was on the original decals. The only thing I did have to deal with is the hole for the filler cap was just a hole, so I had a carbon repair business build a flange in, so that I had something to bolt the filler cap to.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a front SB6 mudguard from them in carbon. It's a bit thicker than the original.
I didn't fit it but I repaired my original - it caught on the 70 profile tyre, eventually it sheared, I repaired it and made it higher.
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a race fairing and seat unit made in fibreglass by Moto Forza. I was very impressed with the quality and service.

Each part weighed 2kg compared to the 6kg standard bodywork, a great saving.

The nicely finished hole for the fuel filler was a bonus for the race bike as I didn't have to fit the aluminium cap, the plastic tank is simply exposed for easy access.

As the mould is from a Furano, you have to change the tank mounting point to suit earlier models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: