Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike show - 25th and 26th March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby No mates?..Welcome to my world...Cheers Gav for the confirmation....line-up looking good...needing the DB9 as we've had confirmation on DB10 and DB11 also...so a clean sweep of DB1-DB11 to attend...(excepting a DB8...but that's same as DB7)
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 , Tirefriar , I will arrange a list of clothing and list up soon.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show Update -

1, Care package of corporate goodies and Prizes for the show have left BimotaClassicParts premises courtesy of DHL...Cheers Paolo...So for everyone that was thinking of ordering bits and getting them thrown in with the package to save on postage...I'm afraid that ship has now sailed...Expected arrival of goodies...3 days..

2. A "newbie" has come forward to show his prized possession at the Event for the First time, used to show at Stafford but not anymore...He's not on this FOrum, not really an internet person, but he has seen our stand before at the show, and apparently I gave him my mobile phone number in case he was ever interested to join us. So hes coming up Friday to drop his bike and has gladly also offered to help Man the stand and bore us all about Bimota...which we inturn will do unto others.

And his PRized Possession??????

A Bimota SB7...- A first time for us...not an SB6 Brian...so apologies for that...

So a Big Welcome goes out to Edd, and his SB7....

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

, and apparently I gave him my mobile phone number in case he was ever interested to join us.

YOU BEEN WATCHING 50 SHADES AGAIN !! Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...further show confirmees....

Confirmed line up of Bikes attending...all subject to family health and wellbeing

DB Series

DB1 (maybe x 2, one undergoing resto), DB2 tricolor, Db3 Mantra, DB4 tricolor, DB5R tricolor, DB6R, DB7, DB9 Brivado, DB10 (maybe x 2), DB11

SB Series

SB6, SB7, SB8K SantaMonica

YB Series

YB9, YB11, Awaiting possible 4 other YB's

Vdue Trofeo, Vdue Evo

Tesi 3D Mono posto, Tesi 3D biposto x2 , Vyrus Maybe?

Theres also a guest appearance of some Bimota specials, Race bikes, Bimota inspired "other models", 3-4 Number (To be confirmed)

Theres also an Isle of Man TT racer attending for the entire weekend, whos raced at the TT, the Classic TT, Macau, NW200 and the Sothern 100....

I'm still currently chasing a Tesi2D to appear in rolling chassis format, and a Tesi1D

I'm desperately short of the older series of Bimotas, but have my eyes on a KB1, SB3, SB4, BB1.....

I should perhaps add...this is also my last show as an Exhibitor...and please...no begging or plaudits or any such...my Bikes aren't going anywhere, I'm not dying, (that I know of)...other than just getting older...still riding and fettling...just have more limited free time due to other commitments that have taken a back seat previously, and to which I am now addressing. Lets make it the largest assembly of Bimotas in the UK in at least my living memory.... Laughing

All are welcome, be it garage/trailer queens, rolling wrecks or daily drivers....we all have OCD anyhow....but only for our own bikes...what anyone else does with their bikes is their business....Its just about the "crack" and assembling a mountain of Bimota bikes and jointly celebrating our passion and sharing it with anyone that visits...

The Show organisers have now confirmed that we have been allocated the LAREGEST show stand in the entire arena, larger than any of the dealers or other clubs, my thanks go to them for putting their trust in us all out there to fill it....

Apologies to anyone I've forgotten or left out...Away for a free days, so intermittent internet access...[/u]
Bud977

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, that's a great selection 2bims! I think you're winning the display contest at the moment. I'll have to find a few more.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it Bud...you've already beaten us in my eyes if only 3 bikes turned up...the distances you travel over there...and the rarity of such beasts...we have a glut available in Europe for collecting...and with no import duty...so we have no excuse to be able to always beat you by number but, far from it by effort...Aim to higher the number we achieve, and if you get there...I'll return for another show

You guys over there have more of the Explorer and "frontier" attitude, than us closet standoffish Brits...we could have double or treble the number...but get let down, or people don't want to show...down to each person...I'm just happy to be part of it...Ruddy knackering though
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried putting the word out on any other of the forums? I know there are a few guys on performancebikes forum that have Bim's. I'd be happy to put some details up there if you are ok with that. Believe laminator is on there a bit and may well know who has.

Wish I could be there, esp for this year as sounds like going to be mega. Best of luck guys.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do so DJt...I'll pm you my email addie and Mobile Telephone number...and if anyone gets in touch then you can pass my details on...the newbie that is showing this year...isn't on the this Forum or others...he came to the show once and I apparently gave him my details as he said he would like to join us.

Evidently since the era of "farcebook" hit the world full on....many many members of all Forums jumped onto it...even setting up their own specific named Pages..."BimotaOldTimers"...."BimotaVdue"...etc etc..maybe thinking that there was some money to be made down the line somewhere...whereas reality is that its only the offshore listed Farcebook that makes money and pays no tax....Evidently with such entity theres pop-ups, adverts, sick puppies being rescued, cute cats and all manner of junk that I really can do without....but what happened in reality is that elite clubs like this had members scattered to the winds...Yes...with Facebook you get instant notices straight to your phone of a post that's been put up....and follow ups whilst you are on the go...never a need to log on to see whats new...the here and now society...But can you search and find info that you recall being put up on there? Source valuable information?..if you don't read it today...then its gone by tomorrow

Just modern day and modern ways, i'm just old and cantankerous...I meet many BIm owners when I'm out and about on my bikes...many don't know about this Forum...and certainly don't do Facebooj...they just don't do computers...or swipey swipey phones......I'm on a few of the sites...but there aint half some crud on there...BUt please...post away here there and everywhere...it would be most appreciated...for once we have had early confirmation of the size of the stand...so can accommodate all comers...we have the largest stand in the entire event...bigger than HOnda, Ducati, Suzuki, KTM, Kawasaki, Ducati Owners CLub, ACU racing, etc etc...Really really good of the promoters to put the trust in us that we can fill it..and for such a small boutique niche hand crafted make of bikes such as Bimota...its an achievement in itself...we have previously show more bims at this show than any of the dealers showing..albeit they just bring New bikes and models that are current...and we have over 30 years worth of Production to draw from.

Cheers, pm#ing right now
brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
How Update -

1, Care package of corporate goodies and Prizes for the show have left BimotaClassicParts premises courtesy of DHL...Cheers Paolo...So for everyone that was thinking of ordering bits and getting them thrown in with the package to save on postage...I'm afraid that ship has now sailed...Expected arrival of goodies...3 days..

2. A "newbie" has come forward to show his prized possession at the Event for the First time, used to show at Stafford but not anymore...He's not on this FOrum, not really an internet person, but he has seen our stand before at the show, and apparently I gave him my mobile phone number in case he was ever interested to join us. So hes coming up Friday to drop his bike and has gladly also offered to help Man the stand and bore us all about Bimota...which we inturn will do unto others.

A Bimota SB7...- A first time for us...not an SB6 Brian...so apologies for that...

I swear to fucking God.... if there's no SB6 there this year I'll be flying over before the show next year and buying one just enter in the show! Probably one of, if not THE most produced Bimota of the old era and I don't recall there being one at the mighty Manchester Show yet. Without a doubt one of the sexiest Bims of all time too!

Rant over Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:

Sorry mate I'll be busy that weekend Laughing

That's one hell of a stand you guys will have there. You might just have to make a few trips from your place to make up the numbers. Or hire a lorry!

Between the 2 shows on opposite ends of the planet it will surely be a fantastic gathering of Bimotas! Looking forward to all the photos.

Damn , my wicked sabotage plan failed !!!!! Sad Not that us Blighty boys are competitive !!! Very Happy

You guys are in the clear Stu... looks like 2bims has pulled out all stops and called in reinforcements. Sounds like there'll be more Bims at the Manchester show now than what's in Australia in total Shocked
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
How Update -

I swear to fucking God.... if there's no SB6 there this year I'll be flying over before the show next year and buying one just enter in the show! Probably one of, if not THE most produced Bimota of the old era and I don't recall there being one at the mighty Manchester Show yet. Without a doubt one of the sexiest Bims of all time too!

Rant over Laughing

Just fell of me chair peeing meself with laughter Brian....you've made my morning with that quip....In fairness we did have an SB6 at the show last year...but it was Naked....Sans clothes....Same person is bringing it back this year...but just the Bodywork this time....no rolling chassis....We thought we'd drip feed an SB6 into the line up over a few years...On our first show...there was an SB6, but not on our stand..it was on Old Skool Suzuki CLub stand...unfortunately hes had problems with the gearbox and has no van/trailer....so used to ride it to the show and back again as the only way to get it there....
brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
How Update -

Rant over Laughing

Just fell of me chair peeing meself with laughter Brian....you've made my morning with that quip....In fairness we did have an SB6 at the show last year...but it was Naked....Sans clothes....Same person is bringing it back this year...but just the Bodywork this time....no rolling chassis....We thought we'd drip feed an SB6 into the line up over a few years...On our first show...there was an SB6, but not on our stand..it was on Old Skool Suzuki CLub stand...unfortunately hes had problems with the gearbox and has no van/trailer....so used to ride it to the show and back again as the only way to get it there....

I want results not excuses Steve Rolling Eyes Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proper pee'd I can't get this year (again).......

Maybe some day
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres always "next year"....but that would require someone taking over the reins and donating a few weeks of their life...as this year is my last year for this Show

On another note...I'm currently badgering Guy Martin and Richard Hammond on t'internet....as both own Bimotas....being Vdue500 injected and SB8R.....to see if they would bring their bikes...or just come to marvel at our bikes...we already have one TT racer attending so why not 2?

I've never done a "like" in my life on facebook....but if every man and his dog could click on this below..and on the visitors section of comments, you'll see posts under the name of "steve hardy"...talking about the show...yup...I've gone public..Full name and even a photo of me receiving my award for "runner-up" Best Italian bike competition at the Isle of Man on TT week....*Should have been first...some Ducat scrambler off roadie thing won that...arrived in the back of a trailer...not ridden down and left out in the rain overnight DB5R like what mine did

So, please, share and click "like"...and maybe Guy notices it...as I'm sure he isn't the person that looks after the site...although it is his official FanFacebook page....Of course if Guy MArtin aint your tipple then don't...its a free world...for now at least...

Katy AKA Admin has already "liked"

https://www.facebook.com/GuyMartinRacing/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: