Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike show - 25th and 26th March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me liked also Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Paul...I've just also added to Practical Sportsbike Facebook page...They have 14,500 Members following them...and some 15 of our Bimotas have featured in their magazine over the years...all from FOrum members..so hopefully they wont pull my post....Maybe join up on PErformance bikes facebook also and post it up there...unless anyone on here is on there and wants to like and share my latest post up there....

Oh...I have a large compartmentilised box of ss bolts, washers, low heads etc etc...some Bimota specific....I'll gladly lend it to you, if you want...use and keep whatever you need or and return the box after your resto...(if within the next ten years that is...teehee...)...I'll gladly drop it around at yours anytime that suits...you concentrate on other matters matey...
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive liked also
SiBag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can pull my finger out and sort the motor I may be able to get my SB6 to Manchester.
But you will have to supply your own sunglasses.. Laughing

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Steve, I will take you up on that offer. My needs shouldn't be too great as a lot of original fasteners are in very good order, but undoubtedly there are some that need to be replaced.
Paolo at BCP just contacted me to say he is working on my parts order, just one item that he should know if he can source it by the end of the week. So I better get back in the garage Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiBag wrote:
If I can pull my finger out and sort the motor I may be able to get my SB6 to Manchester.
But you will have to supply your own sunglasses.. Laughing

Would be good to see you again sibag....Vort misses those rides down gravel tracks on his brand new SantaMOnica...having stones kicked up from your back wheel....teehee....Beg, steel or borrow a van or trailer if need me...we're always missing an SB6 at the show...and fandango dayglow would be the central star...it would certainly win a prize as "most blinding entrant"....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulDB2 wrote:
Cheers Steve, I will take you up on that offer. My needs shouldn't be too great as a lot of original fasteners are in very good order, but undoubtedly there are some that need to be replaced.
Paolo at BCP just contacted me to say he is working on my parts order, just one item that he should know if he can source it by the end of the week. So I better get back in the garage Laughing

good stuff...well you certainly need Marine grade SS recessed chamfer bolts for the chain slide.....and I happen to have some of those...whenever suits you...to either pop around, or next week for me to deliver...as I have my son now, it being half term....And am waiting in tomorrow for the "care package" from BCP courtesy of DHL....And I don't want to have to collect that from their offices...I've a bad back already...and the boot of my car is...well...lets just say "inadequate!........
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
Ive liked also

Are you coming to the Show Rich?
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the event and our attendance on a few social media facebook sites...including Practical sportsbikes...if people keep commentating, liking etc...it keeps bouncing up their page....Fortunately one of the magazines Technical Editors has "liked" the post...so the chance of it being deleted is less

https://www.facebook.com/groups/practicalsportsbikes/?fref=nf
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat at home...twiddling me thumbs...waiting for the "care package" to be delivered by DHL from Paolo Girotti of BCP....scheduled for "sometime" today...Ah well...gave me time to draw up a draft layout for the stand , all the bikes of confirmed attendees, memorabilia, display units, the Corporate Guest suite, seating area and refreshments stand...and the podium for the Prizes to be awarded.

Show layout will remain under wraps until Set-up day of the Show....we know that Other Clubs, and Forums from other manufacturers peruse all other FOrums...so we don't want to give anything away lest it be copied.....

We knew when UK-2-strokes were bringing a Bimota Vdue for their stand from their Forum...so we Brought 3 of our Vdues along to steel his thunder, NOrbo, their show organiser took it all in good faith for how it was intended...but...hasn't brought his V-due back to the show since...teehee

I've had draft confirmation of several other newbies bringing their bikes to the stand....including some ultra rare models (but then all Bims are rare in relative terms)...but indeed some of the new ones coming there are only One example of in the UK....

I will post up pictures of the Prizes when they arrive today...and I have the added fun of building a Bimota YB4ie bambino that will be at the show for any bambinos to sit on and play

Here is the List of Categories for Prizes to be awarded:-

1. Best Bimota on the Stand (Group voted decision)

2. Best Bimota Restoration

3. Most Original period preserved Bimota

4. Bimota Exhibitor travelled furthest to attend

5. Best overall continued Contribution to the Event throughout our 5 years of attending

6. Best contribution of attendees to the stand/Forum

7. Bottles of BCP wine awarded to the "longest suffering wife" of the most hardline prolific BimotaHead...for allowing his obsession to continue (without redress through the divorce courts...teehee)

Special Boobie prize for the Biggest clown of the Event - Which instead of a "wooden spoon"...they will receive a slightly aged, but Genuine Factory wooden Bimota pencil, slightly blunt, with eraser at top, complete with the Bimota word and infamous "b" logo...

I naturally "omit" myself from all categories...but only because I would be travelling the shortest distance...otherwise I may have tried for the "complete sweep" of all the Prizes on Offer....

As you can hopefully see...theres a category for everyone, no matter the bike...or no bike being brought, so chances to win for everyone...

Perhaps further prizes for other categories...I have to await what goodies are in the box...."open the box..." the crowd screamed Laughing Laughing

AND FINALLY...we are now Over 30+ Bimotas to attend the event, all being well...I will still take additional entries...but ask for earliest confirmations of folk doing so , so that I can amend the Floor layout for the Stand.....I would like some more "period" examples...Hopefully such person(s) I'm reaching out to gets my drift
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
TVRRICH wrote:
Ive liked also

Are you coming to the Show Rich?
Hi Steve, Yes hopefully i will be coming on the Sunday with my brother and a mate, weve bought the tickets in advance. Could'nt miss the chance of seeing that many Bimotas in one place, also meeting the crew on the stand.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Rich...Sunday is one piece lycra clad ladies day also...used to be both days...but since Brexit...cut-backs.... Crying or Very sad
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, as long as i dont have to wear lycra Laughing , not a pretty sight!!!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those bringing bikes....heres the Opening/closing and breaking down times:-

Build-up Friday 24th March 09.00 – 20.00
Open Days Saturday 25th March Exhibitors 06.30 – 09.30
Public – 09.30 - 17.00
Sunday 26th March Exhibitors 08.00 – 09.30
Public Doors Open 09.30 – 17.00
Break-down Sunday 26th March 17.30 – 22.00

So, for anyone attending the stand, you get early entry and a look around before the rest of the rabble are left in...
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of DHL...and the WOnderful generosity of Paolo Girotti of BimotaClassicParts...our one stop shop for "unobtainium" items for our beloved Bimotas....A rather large Box has arrived....Note the "fragile"...and then all the scrawks on the box..and upturned corners where evidently dropped many times...I think putting fragile on posted items is like wearing a T-shirt saying "kick me"...

Open the Box...Open the Box!!!!

T-shirts, Notepads and A3 Laminated posters

BCP Bimota mugs, BCp leather key fobs...and the elusive leather Bimota key fobs....I'll be charging 50p a sniff to prise the lid off the box and take a quick whiff...Hhmmm...Vegans and Budhists and other carrot crunchers need not apply

BCp pens and Fine Vintage BCP Italian fruity red wines....

And finally to close, for exhibit purposes only....oh and for small children to sit on.. and to increase our tally on "bimota bikes" on the stand....a Limited edition, stamped NO. 44 of 100...Bambino Bimota YB4ie....Requires some assembly, warning: contains small parts, Old geezers to bring reading glasses to assist in assembly.... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: