Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike show - 25th and 26th March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, all very nice mate. All compliments of BCP or did you purchase?

I quite like the posters. I was considering buying some of Paolo's posters a while back, but have run out of wall space in the shed and am not brave enough to take over the spare room in the house yet Shocked
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take over the spare room with Bike stuff...you may find theres a spare bed placed in there for you also to sleep in...so I'd be careful there...even my spare rooms don't have Bimota stuff in them...and I live alone, except for my son...A good Man knows his limitations...Clint Eastwood..Dirty Harry...

Paolo cuts us a deal due to the support of the Forum for his company, but obviously still has to turn a profit, mouths to feed etc...Evidently we are an English Language based Forum...but that works not only throughout the "English" speaking countries of the world, but others that have it as a second language...a great attribute to what was once the British Empire...even if we did send all our felons and naughty people to Oz etc...at least they retained the Queens English.

So the Forum represents a large part of Paolos working crowd no doubt....If we could only reach out to the factory and get a fraction of their support that we provide for the brand.... Crying or Very sad

Paolo only sends products, parts etc DHL...which is expensive, but trustworthy and QUICK...gear was ordered and paid for last Friday, and even though it was the weekend, Paolo worked late to get it together and it landed at my house in the UK yesterday....quick indeed...There was an offer in my posts for anyone wanting parts to buy now and Paolo would have included it in the package with no extra charge for postage....we had a couple of folk wanting stuff...but after I got prices they changed their mind, the poor guy was messaging me on Facebook whether tax included etc etc...whilst driving home, it was 9.30pm here...10.30pm there...works 7 days a week.. fair enough for people to change their mind...So I halted that offer and asked Paolo to send straight away...I'm trying to get the whole show for the Bimota forum sorted and done next work..all entrants in...details for set-up day etc sent out...and then chillax for the next 4 weeks and attend to some other personal issues...a fair few Forum members are also going through family issues, people passing away etc, for which condolences have been sent out...Family first...then BIMOTA's........... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Folks...its "show update" time

Below is a planned layout for the bikes to be on show...top most is North...and punters will be exiting the dealer section from the SW corner....to be faced with a full complete layered wall of Beautiful Bimotas, running nine rows deep...with up to 6 or 7 bikes max per row...all showing side on for max first visual impact...and when viewed from the SE corner, will all be head on coming right atchya...nine rows of bikes storming towards you up to 6 deep...like marauding wilderbeest migrating across the Serengeti....Or Prancing Italian stallions racing down Rimini beach....(or more apt comment)

We currently have confirmed

DB1, DB2, DB3, DB4, DB5R, DB6R, DB7, DB7 oro nero, DB9, DB10, DB11 (x2?), DBX...which is a clean sweep of the DB series...there was a show bike DB12...showed at EICMA...based on a bravado DB9 chassis...but that's been broken up C3PO style and now only the bodywork remains...slight sob.. Crying or Very sad

I'd normally not release the plan until the day for fear or other clubs copying and vying for "Best Club stand"...but in all honesty...I don't think any club or dealer there is going to better us for neither Quantity or Quality (bias, granted, yes)..If we don't pick up at least "Best CLub stand"...and maybe some individual awards...I'm probably going to burn the place down...well...after all Bimotas have left the building...Elvis style...

Behind the DB row will be Bimota BB£ race bike, Tesi 3D, x3, SB6 (x2), SB7 and SB8 Santa

Followed by a further row of the YB's and other Bims...YB4, YB6, YB7, YB8, YB9, YB10, YB11...so almost a full YB line up...Shout out for a YB5 anyone>>>>>????
Intermixed will be Vdue Evo and Vdue race trofeo, a Special stripped down Martini designed bike..and hopefully a restored naked DB1...with its bodywork separated and bolted together as a unit and showed as a display unit...and also "mini-me" DB1 will be returning....I may change around the back and middle rows....Hence DB's and YB's and then other models.

Theres a possible chance of an Sb3 and SB4 and a KB1 and or a BB1...and i'm still on the case for a Tesi1D and Tesi2D and SB2....So I may have to close up the spaces utilising the blank 2 NO. 2m rows for DDA wheelchair access.......

Space at the back for 4 no. 3 bike trailers to be stored so they don't have to be trailered home on Friday and back sunday afternoon, boarded up by Bimota logo'd hoarding...Evidently Hospitality tent and seating area at the back, snacks and refreshments being provided for Forum guest visitors...

Also theres a display of "pure naked" Bimota frames and swinging arms on a purpose built racking system...showing the inbuilt strength, bracing, and beauty of the skeletons of Bimotas...A vDue naked bare engine display unit...possibly clad with frame, swingarm and seat unit....

Current TT racer, and racer at Macau, NW200 etc will be on the stand for the weekend, Ben Wylie that is...I also invited Chas Mortimer, 8x TT winner and owner of Chas Mortimer bike courier services...hes seen many of beloved BImotas roll out the back of his vans being unloaded from Mainland Europe, prior to trip to its final UK destination....He was well up for it...but then realised its the First MotoGP race of the season at Qatar that weekend...and he wants to fly over the that...as he said...it should be interesting this season.

I'm still chasing for Dolly birds to be present on the stand...and I've only just found out that some of the previous girls that sat on our bikes...no names or clues given...were actually lap dancers from a local Mcr night club...so I think my budget wont stretch that far....So i'm knocking up Principal insurance to provide some girls to attend from their stand at the show...these were the ones I offered money for charity once to attend out stand...they said they couldn't accept...but would happily settle for me buying them specialality fudge from a sweet stall...evidently I had to check their passports first to confirm they were over the age of 18 before bribing them with Fudge and then dragging them away....Ideas for a suitable charity? For punters wishing to sit on bikes?...Evidently only bikes with owners permission for us to do so...

Planned layout...assistance will be needed to measure and mark out the enormous 27m x 18m plot:-

Almost forgot to mention...I've invited some Journalists and their photographers from Certain Motorbike magazines that have featured our bikes previously..so maybe some pictures of the event and our bikes will make it into forthcoming editions of the magazine?...

Oh...have I mentioned its my last show , at least at organising it? Perhaps this is the first ever and last ever chance to see a full DB series line up of Bimotas? An almost complete YB series line-up...barring YB 2-stroke race models?...Entries still being taken...also let me know if you are attending the show, without bike, as a punter...or wold like to help out "man" or "woman" the stand on one or both days...Thanks

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still might have one up on you 2bims... we will have 2 YB5's, one of which is one of the best looking race bikes on the planet Shocked
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good bu the way... a lot of planning going in to this show
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
We still might have one up on you 2bims... we will have 2 YB5's, one of which is one of the best looking race bikes on the planet Shocked

Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of an effort Steve, well done, what a collection of Bims... for a while i thought us convicts were going to give you toffee nosed POMs a run for your money, but you have well and truly beaten us..... though per capita we blitz you :p

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Hell of an effort Steve, well done, what a collection of Bims... for a while i thought us convicts were going to give you toffee nosed POMs a run for your money, but you have well and truly beaten us..... though per capita we blitz you :p

Per ruddy everything you blitz us when comparing...Volumes, land area, less capita... less collective resource pool of Bims available...etc etc for the number youre getting together...all realtive...distances travelled to get there...you name it...You guys even have great weather meaning people might be persuaded not to come coz they want to go out riding or having a family picnic, strolling on a sandy beach, frolicking with sharks...What do we have here Mid-March?? Doom gloom, dark, damp, cold, sometimes snowing...Everyone SHOULD be coming coz theres sod all else to do...but the reserved nature of the coy and shy brits means a lot of them are closet owners, hibernating till theres 12 hours of sun in the sky per day...Ah well...evidently we sent our entire gene pool of spirited adventurers over to Oz in the first place...causing a diluted gene pool over here...
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Howard and Shane Ritchie have a lot to answer for in 'trapping' people oop north...... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
Russell Howard and Shane Ritchie have a lot to answer for in 'trapping' people oop north...... Laughing

Frig me!!...its what who you're seeing instead of the Bike Show?? I hope you got the tickets for free...as I had saved you some for our show...A full line up of DB series from 1-11...probably never ever shown in public anywhere else...ever...in the WORLD...and almost a FULL Yb line-up?..I hope you get good sex afterwards..I hope its the best SEX ever...one that send you blurry and fuzzes with your mind to wipe out missing the show....... Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x shows Fri / Sat - don't mind Howard but Ritchie is in a 'drama' / theatre show or some such.......keeps the family happy seeing as the rest of the time I work 6days/week......
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ...Sundays free then?...Show is sat and Sunday...... Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of apart from the 3hr trip.........
rpo83

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
rpo83 wrote:

Per ruddy everything you blitz us when comparing...Volumes, land area, less capita... less collective resource pool of Bims available...etc etc for the number youre getting together...all realtive...distances travelled to get there...you name it...You guys even have great weather meaning people might be persuaded not to come coz they want to go out riding or having a family picnic, strolling on a sandy beach, frolicking with sharks...What do we have here Mid-March?? Doom gloom, dark, damp, cold, sometimes snowing...Everyone SHOULD be coming coz theres sod all else to do...but the reserved nature of the coy and shy brits means a lot of them are closet owners, hibernating till theres 12 hours of sun in the sky per day...Ah well...evidently we sent our entire gene pool of spirited adventurers over to Oz in the first place...causing a diluted gene pool over here...

Sounds like you need a holiday in Australia Steve...

Steve

glened

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

The DB10 will be there, when do you need it there, hopefully the suspension will be on it. I will be working on Friday, but may try and get an early dart.. No chance when you own the business HAHA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: