Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike show - 25th and 26th March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Glened...be good to see you and your nutters DB10 with its carbon wheels...Set-up day is Friday 23rd March, 9am until 8pm...And also for late arrivals Saturday morning 7am until 9am until the doors open at 9.30am for the general public. Please pm me your home or work address so that when I receive the "set-up" day vehicle passes I can post one out to you...early Friday I will be back and forth delivering bikes from a few places...but should be a permanent fixture at the venue from lunchtime onwards with geekay and PaulDB2 helping to set up, unload bikes etc...Be sure to remember your rear bimota bike stand/pop-up....and to ask for your three No Free entry tickets for bringing your one bike....Any spares I have i'm allocating on a first come first served basis for FOrum members....Will be good to chat Bimotas again and see your bikes continual improvements and progress...
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Its official ( sort of ) , we are now on club stand C132 , same stand as before but now been renamed as a club stand to keep the paying pundits happy.

List of Exhibitors

http://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/exhibitor-list/

and the layout at the bottom of page

http://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/MBSExhibitorPack2017fillable.pdf
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I see that the Hall is practically FULL...fuller than its ever been before on the actual show days...and theres still 5 weeks to go....Given the size of our stand...if it was in THe Dealer carpeted section ...it would cost £40,824!!!!!!!!!...given that we are in the uncarpeted section...it would only be £17,496!!!!!!!!!!....If we were paying for it...So..once again, my thanks go out to the Show organisers and Andrew Greenwood of Greenwood Shows and Events Inc....for putting his trust in the Bimota Forum and its members, for allocating us this space.....Now..Its just down to the Good Fellows of this Forum to FILL that space..Yikes........!!...

For others coming to the show from further afield..."chez 2bims" has just taken its second guest booking for the weekend...Other spaces are available...but it would be down to those persons to bring their own blow up beds...not dolls...or other such soft sleeping base...in which case I could allocate other rooms also...Dining Room, with the added bonus of a fully Nut and bolt restored Duc 900ss for company, is available...as is one office/bedroom...and the lounge also....
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As 2bims now sorted the space , its down to me as usual to sort out the show furniture and clothing .

So for those that fancy clothing these are what I have had made before

Large bimota is screen printed and the other 2 are embroidered . From memory T-shirts and polo shirts are about £22 and the fleece, which are very heavy quality are about £30 with 3 logo's on each , hats were about £10

Long t-shirts are available I was going to pick one of the 3 colour combo's highlighted , 1 logo in the price, the extra ones are a few quid each and then plus vat.

Was also going to ask about having the screen print put on an umbrella , if anyone interested.
If anyone has any other requests let me know.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of the clothing I have had all the banners/flags/X-frame pop-ups and mats made previously. So if any show go'er or anyone else for that matter wants something for their man cave I am happy to place orders.
Mats are not cheap ( £180ish I think and heavy to post) , banners/flags and X-fame pop-ups are about £40 .

X-frames I have a template for, pdf format, just need some hi-res pictures of your bike as these are about 5ft when printed and you can play with text etc to your hearts content. Also available in the roll out alloy frame but they are about twice the price

Let me know as need to get things ordered if you want for the show. Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing water bottles this year to fill up your Bimota flag bases....darn cheapskates at the show have funny sinks and taps to stop you filling up kettles/water bottles....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....Show Update....as per previous...Stand Location for the BimotaForum is C132.....Friday Set-up Day 23rd March is from 9am to 8pm...with late entries taken on Saturday Morning on the 24th March from 6.30am to 8.30am...

Please, please, please...if you are bringing a bike, confirm what and which day...so that I can be there...AND...most importantly...when you enter the Vehicle Exhibitors CarPark from the East side of the building...DO NOT forget to request/demand your free tickets for the event...Which is 3No. per bike for Single bike entries...4 No. tickets for 2 bikes...or Max 5 No. tickets if you are bringing 3 bikes or more all at the same time.....I have "run-out" of what should be my free ticket allocation for the bikes I am bringing...with various Guests and Forum members coming...and I have a "waiting List" of proud Forum members awaiting to know if I have more...so if you end up with any "spare" tickets, please let me know...Just to be clear...if anyone bringing a bike to show is going to attend the event...you WILL need one of your free tickets to enter the event for EACH day you are planning to be there....Unless if you are only coming to collect your bike(s) upon Show end/Stand breakdown....

The earlier you attend to drop bikes off on the Friday, the better the chance you have of being able to directly drive into the Arena with your van/trailer to offload your bike(s)...and drive out again....Arrive late and drive in...and your car/van may end up being stuck there for the entire weekend.

OK...hope that's all clear...Show line-up, pending unforeseen circumstances is expected to be:

DB1 (x2 - one stripped of its clothes), DB2, DB3, DB4, DB5R, DB6R, DB7, DB7 Oro Nero, DB9, DB10 (x2 - one with carbon BST wheels, special suspension)...DB11 and DBX

YB4, YB6, YB7, YB8 Evo, YB9 (sheep dip yellow... Laughing )..YB10 monoposto, YB11

BB3 race Bike (Macau, TT, NW200)..Tesi 3D (3 No. all different, monoposto and biposto)..SB4, SB6 (x2 maybe), SB7 and SB8 SantaMonica

Bimota Vdue500 Evo, Vdue 500 Trofeo Race bike, Stripped Down Gilera CX125 (Martini designed, responsible for the Bimota DB1 also..)

Vyrus..........Hopefully making a return repeat to be not only star of the Stand but also the entire Show.

There will be space for 4No. 3-bike trailers to be left inside the Arena for the weekend, so that you don't have to drag them home on Friday and bring them back up on Sunday...Currently we have allocated trailer space for 2Bims, Vort28, PhilFingers and Admin...let me know if this is fine for you, or if anyone else wants this option...?? Let me know also How many vehicle Passes you will need....

There will be a VIP/Invited Guests enclosure on the stand to keep away marauders....specially roped off with a seating area and tables, Free refreshments and snacks...Coffee, tea, Hot Chocolate, Cold Drinks etc...feel free to bring a chair or camping foldaway table if attending the stand...we always need more...We don't have "power" or juice at the stand...but I have a dealer friend who allows me to use his juice to fill thermos flasks with hot water for the Days...again...Bring flasks...

A few snapshots of bits for the stand...NameTags are next on my Agenda...evidently "Bimota Forum Log on Names, with Icons"...so that names of the innocent are protected...teehee

Courtesy of Geekay....I think I have Most copies of the Original Sales Brochures for the Bimotas Attending...BUT...I think I still Need YB4 and YB7...anyone out there has one that they can flatbed scan and email to me?? Just the front and back covers???

I'm also advertising the Forum, so that people know who we are...and that we are not a dealer...and will be placing the following tags, zip-tied to the appropriate brochure, which will be placed on the seat of the Bike....evidently anyone that DOES NOT want anyone sitting on their bike, let me know anyhow, and we will obviously abide by your directions/instruction over the weekend...

vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May also sound obvious but we have the same issue every year.

Please remember a paddock stand

And if its a black Bimota one please put a marking/name on it .
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Indeed....Each year though we get better and better at doing it professionally...I've been PoundLand Shopping mad...and I've picked up a load of sticky labels, fat permanent marker pens etc...so that we can at least mark up everyones rear stand, so that come breakdown...you don't end up going home with a tarnished rusty unit instead of the Shiney black one that you came with.... Wink Gavin944888 says he has some spare ones that he'll have space to bring up in case we run short..

Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the Showtime Name tags for longlength "drop-ins" at the event...and evidently also for the FullTime attendees on the stand....wearing of said LogOn Tags is purely Optional....Forum Rules, we all can have opinions, but don't force them upon anyone else...

I know I haven't done a Tag for everyone coming to the event...its mainly for folk there for a full day or the full weekend...so that we can all be identified by any Forum members that come to the show...It aint always pretty putting a face to a name...sure aint in my case...but then we have our bikes there to behold...and that should make up for any initial shock...

welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: DB2 line up. Reply with quote

As there is the space available on the stand after the clubs 'upgrade' how about getting full line up of the DB2 for the show? Likely to be UK's biggest gathering of Bims and with the Aus contingent gathering for their 'Festival of speed" the same weekend (sunnier climes!) would be a great roll call for the marque.

2Bims super Motocorse DB2 will of course be at the show and I could bring a tricolour DB2SR. What we really need is a DB2FE.

I would be coming up from S.Wales in a Van probably so maybe share that for transport? Even if you cant attend the whole event any chance of loaning for the event. Big ask I know but if you don't ask.......

Drop me a PM.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear welshlamb....if coming with bike are you looking at Friday set-up day or early Saturday morning so I can co-ordinate? Sitting with us on the stand for both days or one? Need to make up a name badge...with picture of sheep...so if you change it quick I cant copy and cut onto a name badge...teehee...Full role call of DB2's would be nice....FE also...but then theres the half fairing with belly pan version...which there are a couple in the UK...and then theres the DB2 Junior 400...or which I only know of one in the UK....
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COME ON FOLKS! lets get some more DB2s on the stand....lightweight, steel tubes....Tamburini design !!
glened

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart, please count me in for a T shirt and fleece. It is looking like I need some new clothes.... We had a house fire earlier this week, at moment we are living out of suitcases and new clothes.
Cheers Glen
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Shocked

Hope you are ok and all your prize possessions are safe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: