Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike show - 25th and 26th March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we are all ok, thanks for asking. The dog was poorly for a day, but had him checked out at the vets and he is fine. The fire appears to have been started by one of the plug in air freshners. Prized possessions like the Bim and other toys were in the garage which is detached from the house. The house will repair, just very inconvenient at moment till we can sort out a rental property until our home is repaired.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise from me...evidently including family and bikes....roughly in that order... Shocked
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you all OK. Hopefully you can make the experience work for you.

Had a major house claim a few years ago due to serious damage. Was a complete nightmare TBH. Hope you have a better experience .
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoite news, all the best moving forward
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Folks.....Show update....By special request the Show Organisers have express sent 35 Vehicle passes for Show build up day....these gain access to the Exhibitor Vehicle Entrance and gatehouse...for those bringing bikes on Friday (unless youre riding down, in which case they will ask you which Club, and send you through...DONT forget to ask for your free tickets...you will need them if coming to the show on Saturday or Sunday...)

I have sent out passes to those that I know are coming, and that have sent me an address to post to (it saves me running outside to get you in whilst I am setting up the stand....

Name and "small" shame list:-

Persons for whom an address is required, email me, text me or PM me...or just say "not showing":-

Gavin 944888
WooWooChair
SiBag
Edd H
BimotaNige

I have written your Forum log on name in the top corner...so that you know its not "spam mail"

Name badges have been re-done...on proper photo paper...and am just waiting on metal badge clasps in the post to epoxy them to the back...anyone I've missed that's attending the stand please shout NOW...

Special mention to GeeKay...maybe presently "bimota-less" since the passing of C3PO...but he's been a star and faithful Bim lover...scanning and emailing all Bimota Sales Brochures for every possible Bimota ever made that may come to the show...all now laminated up to place on the bike seats...The bag of these will be handcuffed to my wrist so that they don't go missing again....Hewlett Packard have had my pants down re purchasing of ink cartridges over the last week or so...

I've also had signs made up that will be roping off our "BIMOTA VIP only" lounge/seating/dining area...suitable over the top designed posts, painted in tricolor are undergoing fabrication whilst I write...

If I've forgotten anyone...or if there is ANYONE out there with a Bimota wishing to show just shout, phone, pm, email, facebook, messenger or write to me...Its been a nightmare...as some folk do some media...but not all...and some just do landlines and not even a mobile...Pretty much all sorted this end...hopefully the snow has had its last outing today for the year...Heres to the show.............. Shocked
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a phenomenal effort Steve, your stand is going to look fantastic, kudos to you for all the work you are putting in.

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can send you over the "Bimota Parking only - All other bikes will be crushed" template if you like? Via email?

An ex girlfriend that I first met at the show from the Suzuki stand buys me some Bimota related "tat" for Xmas each year...and admittedly, 5 years on she's running out of options....The central sign is A5 screen printed onto Ally plate...So I flat bed scanned it on High Res, photo printed 2 more off and laminated them...they will be fixed atop some posts I am making up in a fancy design that will be tri-color flag painted, and then hooks to attach ropes to, to rope off the VIP zone....Still being fabbed by my good self, paint drying in the front room....need to cut some more pieces to finish but its been raining for 5 days now....and I work outside...so much shard and splinters from the chop saw...cant work in the garage...as it be full with Bimotas...teehee....Theres more stuff lined up for the show...but I have to keep some secrets back for surprises....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy again today...all show passes for set up day have been sent out...and I may have secured a KB1 and a Tesi2D to come to the show...as I've realised that we don't have any Tamburini designed bikes in the line-up..so a KB1 would suit...and perhaps an SB4

Mocking a few things up today to make the stand stand out.....for the VIP area....

So it was away with spanners, ratchets and sockets...and I dig out my chop saw, jig saw, drills and sander and got busy....

Can you see what it is yet??? Giant Jenga???

Must be jenga???

No...it looks like something else......

Masked off tri-color Italian flag posts...or rails??

Rails??? Stacked in front of radiator to dry overnight before application of Bimota "b" logos and a quick overspray of lacquer coat....Show jumping rails for cats/rabbits maybe????

Or maybe its some posts being made up over the top Bimota style to fix the Parking signs for the stand...complete with roped off area for the VIP lounge.....??? Well...you'll have to come to the show if you want to find out and see the completed items...which may be raffled off to the highest bidder for charity..Yeh, yeh...I have too much time on my hands....to be honest...its freezing outside, but the first time for weeks we haven't had constant Manchester Rain...so making and spraying them has been out of the question until today......

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Steve, did you design for Ikea in a past life? Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmmm...might think about changing my headboard on the bed for the Tri-color railings look....
glened

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve
I will be attending the show, just rebuilding the front forks
Have you sent tickets to my home address? I should still get them ok however if not would you please send them to my work address
Cheers Glen
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, they look fantastic! Now I need to get one of those signs made up for my garage.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
Hi Steve
I will be attending the show, just rebuilding the front forks
Have you sent tickets to my home address? I should still get them ok however if not would you please send them to my work address
Roberts Heating, xxx xxxxxxx Rd, coppull, xxx xxx
Cheers Glen

Yeh, I sent to your works address glen, and thus I've edited your post to remove your address....Had your address from the "leather key ring/fob" days
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
Steve, they look fantastic! Now I need to get one of those signs made up for my garage.

theres a high res scan of the Bimota parking sign now sent to your personal email...which is A5 size...but evidently you could blow it up and print whatever size you like
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
Hi Stuart, please count me in for a T shirt and fleece. It is looking like I need some new clothes.... We had a house fire earlier this week, at moment we are living out of suitcases and new clothes.
Cheers Glen

Sorry to hear that Glen. I'm glad no one was hurt, hope you get back to a normal life without too much heartache
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: