Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike show - 25th and 26th March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge effort Steve. Everything is looking fantastic. The patrons will most definitely know and remember the Bimota Forum stand!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Huge effort Steve. Everything is looking fantastic. The patrons will most definitely know and remember the Bimota Forum stand!

there will be a lot of "bimota related Tat" on the stand also...but with so many Bimotas there expected...I imagine most folk will be just bedazzled and miss a lot of things

Still finishing off the Italian inspired Cappucino Coffee Bar...that will be also serving Gellato, but only in "mint, Vanilla and raspberry" flavours....If you catch the subtleness of my general "theme" and favourite tri-color colours....
glened

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve car park pass arrived today. Took some time out this afternoon to fit the new cartridges to the forks, quickly built the front end on the bike in eagerness to try and feel what they are like? Happy to report back that they are very well damped with a good range of settings. Not ridden on road yet will appraise you all when I do. Thanks for your concern Brian, as you said no one is hurt the house will repair. There is a young woman that works with me in the shop "Becki" 24 years old and she is battling cancer of the spine. She is inspirational .... Sort of puts things in perspective.
I must say I am mightily impressed with Steves efforts with the stand preparation. Thought I might try Italy again this year, but see no need to venture further than event city 😄
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glened wrote:
. There is a young woman that works with me in the shop "Becki" 24 years old and she is battling cancer of the spine. She is inspirational .... Sort of puts things in perspective

I agree 100% Glen. We should be greatful for what we have. There is so many people a lot worse off.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys...Quick show update...as I am busy stripping, cleaning and servicing my latest Acquisition....and for once its a Sunny Day so I want to go out on a "hoon" on it......

Extraordinary lengths are being gone to by some Folk for the BimotaForum attendance at the upcoming Show....A complete Newbie and NOT on this Forum...but will surely be soon...has agreed to deliver his Bike from Devon to South Wales...to be collected by a Forum Member on here...who has somehow, and FULL credit to him...managed to convince this owner to "lend" his bike for the entire weekend....when said Forum member will be collecting and delivering to the Show, together with his DB2SR...and then returning after the show...for the newbie owner to re-collect and take back to Devon....No secrets yet...but this new "bike" will be at the show for its first showing at our event...AND...more importantly..will complete yet another Series line-up of the Road production Bimota models...so that's 2 No. complete series line-ups...Any guesses Anyone?

Again...coz its worth repeating...Full credit and I bow my head to the Forum member in securing this Model....Clues?...Well...theres a highly modded one that raced and won at the recent Philip Island Classic Race series...and nope...its not a Stegasaurus...or Deplodicas.....its got short arms though.

AND...we have our first confirmed genuine Tamburini designed model coming...that was promised to us yesterday....adding another series Mark-up for the event.

AND....another Forum member and former owner of some Star Wars Robot...has recently gone to great lengths to secure another model...he was express driven to the airport and flew off to Foreign climbs for a 24Hr sprint to meet a potential further Bimota and its owner...and yet another New model not seen at the show before...I hope he wasn't wearing Rose tinted glasses as he has now purchased Said bike...and has now to take a van, a bot, a train, a tram, a taxi, then ride back to the ferry, back on the boat, back to the van and then back home....All for the sake of the Show and joining the largest line up of Bimotas ever in the UK...

We are now at a precipice of 39 Bikes...somehow it feels I need one more...

I've pushed the event all over Social media...despite being a newbie and loather of it..Thanks all for the "likes" which ensures further coverage...theres been over 100,000 "likes" so far....and I don't get to see the shared likes and on likes....

As a bonus..I am now friends with CEO and FOounder of Moto Corse Japan...

Mr Shin Kondu...who at least writes perfect English...so I bow to him also...my Japanese is as rusty as the header on my Baby 2-stroke that I am currently going through top to bottom...

Heres an extract of the conversation:-

"In just over 2 weeks we are doing our Annual Bimota Show at the ManchesterBikeShow.....with now some 40 Bimotas attending from within the UK....We have a full sweep of YB series coming...YB4 through to 11...and a full sweep of DB's...DB1,2,3,4,5,6,7, 7 oRO Nero, DB9, DB10x2, DB11 and a DBX....also a race BB3, Ben Wylie who races at Macau and the Isle of Man...3 No. Tesi 3D's, a Tesi 2D?, a Vyrus, 2 No. Vdues, a trofeo Race and an Evo, KB1, SB4,SB6, SB6R, SB7 and SB8 Santa Monica...it will be our largest attendance ever...and perhaps the largest ever in the UK...but obviously not that big by Japanese standards....."

Shin's Reply:-
"If you come to Japan, please let me know !!!

No, No ! That event is one of the biggest event of bimota in the world for sure !!!

I hope it will be successful and very important event for you and bimota."

,,,,,,,,,,,I was pretty shocked by this....yeh sure...there are Private collections with more Bimotas....but they are private....Is this the largest ever privately owned collective of Bimotas to be shown in Public EVER?????????....A fitting send off...

I/We are still looking for More Bims...as the old adage goes...You can never have enough Bimotas...to be sure........
Laughing
rpo83

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve,

it is going to be a spectacular sight, it seems you have found an elusive YB5...

It will be a fitting send off... hopefully you'll still be around even if you are just sneaking a peek every now and then.

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Steve, an excellent effort in pulling all this together. At this rate I think the organisers will have to rename it the Manchester Bimota Show Very Happy
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Cool Cool Very Happy Very Happy Great job 2bims.
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, if you need an SB6R (and I can find the time to extract it from hibernation) then if transport can be sussed then I would be happy to sort but as previously mentioned I can't attend Fri/Sat

I 'might' be able to get Sunday.......
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff cant wait to see this great collection
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
Steve, if you need an SB6R (and I can find the time to extract it from hibernation) then if transport can be sussed then I would be happy to sort but as previously mentioned I can't attend Fri/Sat

I 'might' be able to get Sunday.......

Cheers for the Offer Stockcar....just around 48 Hrs too late...at great expense we are shipping an SB6R in from Mainland Europe for the Show...expected to land in a week or so....Lawdy...the effort some folk go to....You should really come down on the Sunday...at least in my lifetime I don't expect such a gathering to be repeated......
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
Great stuff cant wait to see this great collection

Can you not be convinced to bring your DB2FE to the show Rich?....I'm aware of another one just North of Manchester...so I am also trying that one next....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Congrats Steve,

it is going to be a spectacular sight, it seems you have found an elusive YB5...

It will be a fitting send off... hopefully you'll still be around even if you are just sneaking a peek every now and then.

No COngrats to me....twas WelshLamb that secured the YB5.....he's busy at the moment...as its being delivered to his garage soon for onward transport...and this means he has to make space for it...Do any of us really have space in our garages? If there was so much as a space for a bike...well...there'd be a bike there wouldn't there?
rpo83

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you for the whole show success...

So did Ralph buy a YB5? He'll be a very happy man.... Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just arrived a few days ago....we have managed to secure the "actual" reserved parking signs direct from the Bimota factory for the CEO, Segretario delle finanze (Chief Finance Officer) and Direttore vendite (Sales Director).....Which have been mounted on bases to be used to cordon off the VIP Area at the Show....Please note the teeny tiny 4mm mushroom head SS bolts to affix the signs....aka Bimota carbon mudguard and Screen fixing screws...

It would seem that the Office has had a general clear out also as they have also sent the Office waste receptacle bin.....Which will also be present at the Show....Theres also a larger one from the Staff canteen that is currently in transit....Customs have held it back thinking its a nuclear Warhead or somesuch....

Please note the "turned" silver "b" logo atop the SS polished lid...Only Bimota would do such a thing eh? Perhaps they should revive these products and introduce a Home and Gardens Line of items? Bird Tables, Speaker stands, Clothes hanger...etc etc...

Some of the items will be awarded to those taking part in the event, bringing bikes etc.....I'll probably keep one of the posts for my own garage..but the other 2 posts and "dusty Bin" will be given away ...again...to those taking part...still space for more Bimotas...my personal aim is to "top" the 40 mark...50 is a nice number but heck...Only in my dreams...

Laughing Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: