Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota DB7 manuals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earlysport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Bimota DB7 manuals Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm considering purchasing a DB7 from a deceased estate sale, but they have no books or paperwork. Do any of you experts feel like there is any chance of obtaining a set of these?

Also what else would the DB7 have come with new? A Stand or cover?

Thanks all,

Earlysport
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whereabouts are you? as in what country??...a relatively new bike....and I'm pretty sure you can still buy the owners handbooks new from BCP in Italy....I have the owners manual and workshop manual available as a download.pdf document....But what paperwork do you mean? Owners handbook or Registration document to be able to transfer ownership and register say in another country??? reg varies between countries and if not available it could be a problem....as it has to be deregistered from its home state at their DVLA version office.....and given a export license (even within the EU)...registering it later would be problematic...whos to say its not stolen? Is it used with mileage or new...? this makes a difference also depending where the bike is or where you want to register it...
What came with the bike? Usually a black tubular steel packing crate stand that lifts the back wheel....a red luxury Bimota logo'd "bag" with a red Bimota logo'd cover inside for the bike....just a dust cover really...not to keep out moisture and NOT for outside use...and sometimes a tool kit...but theres no place on the bike to store it...and 2 no.keys...theres no transponder or alarm on these bikes when new
Earlysport

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims. I'm in Australia. The bike has been road registered here before, so no issue there. I'm looking it as a long term keeper, to enjoy the occasional ride and in the hope it might be worth something someday. I'd certainly like to track down a set of books so I'll contact BCP - thank you. Maybe they can help me with the dust cover and bag too.

Any advice on buying a DB7 vs other Bimota models?

Cheers,

Earlysport
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlysport wrote:
Hi 2bims. I'm in Australia. The bike has been road registered here before, so no issue there. I'm looking it as a long term keeper, to enjoy the occasional ride and in the hope it might be worth something someday. I'd certainly like to track down a set of books so I'll contact BCP - thank you. Maybe they can help me with the dust cover and bag too.

Any advice on buying a DB7 vs other Bimota models?

Cheers,

Earlysport

Have a read here...and video also...be aware though that a DB7 can be 10 years old now...might be only 2 or 3 on reg docs....but frame number would tell you when it was actually made......Cant really give advice on a DB7 vs other Bimotas....buying a bimota aint like that...its not that you can routinely have 20 different ones to choose from...they only averaged making 300 a year...which they sold to over 50 countries....if you like the look of a DB7...and ducati engines....then theres the DB7...DB8 and DB9...all with similar engine output...DB9 has bars and more street cruiser...twin seat also...DB7 solo.....See if the bike starts...the batch of 1098 Ducati engines had flaws with the starter motor...early recall by Ducati if they were bad...Bimotas shared the engine...same issues can be had...Belts....4 valve twin cam motor....need changing every 2 years...If battery is low...don't try and start it...you'll throw out the sprag clutch...and that's LHS crankcase cover off time to replace....Most bimotas are "keepers"....sometimes due to love of the brand..sometimes coz theyre difficult to sell....or they need fixing and cant be sold....or all 3....What suspension does it have on it...Most had dual speed ExtremeTec rears....set VERY hard from new...most folk junk them out in favour of Ohlins or other...Front Marzocchis...also set very firm....brakes not an issue...neither is power nor handling or mass or seat height....Parts??? If its ducati related...not a problem....anything bespoke...either not available or VERY expensive...and lastly...can you afford to insure it??? with the demise of the factory...a simple "off" will write a bimota off...so maybe expensive to insure...don't take it for granted you can get insurance
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops...heres the link...search on youtube for DB7...plenty of videos and reviews....Paolo Girotti of BCP in Italy does have the red bags/dust covers...and books...just be prepared to send him your shirt and then have your pants pulled down......Be sure bike is complete....Even footpegs and gear/brake levers are no longer available...all residual stock after factory closed has been collected and SOLD.....Bodywork...Nope...check exhaust has a strap to hold it to the bodywork...and not a bracket bolted to the back...as they are known to rip themselves through the titanium end box can

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/bimota/bimota_db7%2008.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: