Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota EB1 Concept

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Bimota EB1 Concept Reply with quote

What some folk can achieve with a couple of computers and a mouse eh??

https://ottonero.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/bimota-eb1.html?spref=fb

In there is a video of a single sided rear wheel, carbon tesi front ended electric powered Bimota........Oh the dreams eh??
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very nice. Loads of potential . It'll be interesting if anything becomes of it.
Weed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it, whether Bimota does it or not, electric drive trains are the way the future is heading once the battery issues are sorted out, especially if the new generation aluminium based ones can / will get sorted out. As much as I love my 4 strokes & more recently I have grown to appreciate 2 strokes even though I don't full understand them, max torque at zero rpm is hard to beat especially with the new generation controllers around. I can see brakes as we know them disappearing as well.
barnmankit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's obvious that the days of internal combustion engines are numbered. And for electric bikes/cars etc it's not just the fantastic power characteristics but also the virtually zero maintenance powerplant.
There are already electric bikes capable of 0-60 mph in 3 seconds and almost 200 mph max, eg the Sarolea race bike made in Belgium. But these bikes are going to lack all the character, noise, vibrations and sensations that we love in our Bimotas.
I for one will be keeping mine.
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: