Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB4 0Kms - Coys Auction at MCN bike show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: DB4 0Kms - Coys Auction at MCN bike show Reply with quote

For sale by Auction....18th Feb 2017 at the Excel Centre....will be interesting...guide price £9500 - £12K

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/2001-bimota-db4-2
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interesting to see what it goes for but I just don't see this is a worthwhile exercise for the seller.

Bike is advertised in local Sussex papers still for £9500.
(IMHO worth £7-8000? as I would want to ditch the Antera and shotgun pipes)

to get £9500 in hand the lot needs a hammer price of £10.8k (10% +VAT seller fee)and a buyer willing to pay £12.75k (15% +VAT buyers premium).

Or looking at it the other way if a buyer wants a final bill of £9500 incl premium and VAT then the seller will only get £7100.

Cant remember if original EBAY add had 'or offers) but he should have taken £7.5k at the start and saved himself the trouble.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on what a seller bought the bike for in the first place...there are more Bimotas on EbayUK than I've ever seen before...partly boyed by Dealers buying cheap when the GBP was high against the Euro...and speculators also....Ones sold at Bonhams in USA fetched higher prices than private sales for same bike in the UK...a Furano sold for £12K.....UK one for sale at £10K....I think the only winner is the Auction HOuse at the end of the day...but if you have to sell...then you have to sell...and auctions seem to achieve sales........
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
but if you have to sell...then you have to sell...and auctions seem to achieve sales........

Reminds me of an estate agent telling me that even in a recession they count on the three 'd's ie death, divorce and duties (tax) to drive house sales. there is always someone that 'needs' to sell something.

Irrespective of what he bought for if the vendor needs to sell he should at least tried advertising at say £8000 o.n.o. before going auction route. We'll see!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless if as you say he may have died...and its part of a deceased estate? Says EU taxes paid but that means nothing...bike is in Kms and still has the keys attached to the fob....I know a seller in Italy linked to MIIMC who has advertised a new DB4 before but it never reached its reserve....with the better Euro to GBP exchange rate...and sad state of affairs in Italy...it may be the best chance to get a high price for it....of all the ones on ebay listed...its always the same ones...they just don't seem to be selling...about a year or two ago I saw a large influx of Italian and other dealers specifically targeting the UK when advertising to try and snare a UK buyer...when I was buying 4-5 years ago it was a swine of a job to get them to even respond to emails as they just didn't take it seriously that a UK person would want to buy from Italy, Germany etc etc...that has really changed though.......Anyone thinking of buying this one would still have to contend with the NOVA system and possibly VAT on purchase price if the bike has never been registered in the EU before...as you have to prove this now, normally by providing previous EU registration and papers, to show that somewhere in the EU tax was paid on a first registration.......Clarification with the Auctioneers would be best
welshlamb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still awaiting results to be posted!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: