Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota Bible for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Other For Sale & Wants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Bimota Bible for Sale Reply with quote

a fellow in Melbourne has a copy of the bible for sale....wants $250 AUD plus postage

russ.murray@bigpond.com
who

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Russ from years ago, (skydiving days) he's a great bloke and straight up. You can deal with him with confidence. Cheers,
Ralph.
trev45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great book

Yep got one

Cheers Trev
JackJabba

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone sit and scan the book for those of us too poor to afford one. Laughing
Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackJabba wrote:
Can someone sit and scan the book for those of us too poor to afford one. Laughing

THAT!

OR have someone print a Paperback version?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spare, original, unopened copy in Italian - although the pictures are in English - £80 + shipping.
Nito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@GeeKay,

Is this still available?

ps. Have PM'd also given the age of this thread!!

Cheers
Nito
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give him a bell for you...he doesnt check in here that often....Or...you cans till buy Bible MkIIwhich is Italian only...which is currently discounted

https://www.giorgionadaeditore.it/en/motorcycles_scooters/bimota/l%E2%80%99era-d%E2%80%99oro-bimota.html

And yes...it has the SB2 in it
Nito

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that info Steve.

Do you know what the differences are between the original and the mk2 book?

Is there more info in the second one do you know?

Thanks for that link and the offer to call GeeKay. If he still has the book I may as well relieve him of it if he wants to get shot, depending on how much he wants for it and if it's the same or better than the mkII. Otherwise, thanks very much for the link.

Cheers
Nito
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooOooooo.....Nito....youre putting me on the "spot" there....I'm friends with the authors of BOTH books...and friends with Geekay who possibly still has the first book for sale

The First "bible" is called 25 golden years of Bimota.....and covers the first 25 years of the company....up to around the year 2000...so a small mention of DB4 and Vdue....but nothing about later production...DB5 onwards...BB3 etc

If comparing "italian" versions and you dont speako the lingo....go for the first if thats the period youre more interested in...evidently the ENglish version would be best as you could actually read it....

Both cover racing and start of the company....The first I sort of prefer....it has pictures at the back of all the Sales brochures they gave away detailing the bikes at dealers...plus it contains the Swiss Registry of Bimota owners, frame numbers, owners names and locality of the bikes as was when they published the book...so maybe your SB2 is in there by mention?...slip me the frame number and I'll check

As you can see from here....there are 8 No. listed UK owners of SB2's
http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_sb_en.html
Nito

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,

The first sounds more 'me' then, and fortunately I speaka da lingo...(a bit) so in some ways would prefer the untranslated version.

If you could ask your friend that would be much appreciated good sir!!

Mine is chassis number 94. I checked the Swiss register and it wasn't on there. I will register mine with them.

The eagle has landed today as it happens! I'm working from home today so haven't had much of an opportunity to pore over it properly yet. I did do some digging on it, some of you may know one of the previous owners who sadly passed under tragic circumstances; Tim Waddingham. It passed from his wife to Madeinitaly motorcycles (it was an almost complete restoration at that point so appears Tom never finished his good work, pity as I understand he was quite the restorer known very well in Jaguar circles for classic restoration), before heading off to Valencia and then back to UK where it has eventually ended up with Lussoveloce and now me as the latest custodian...

Thanks,
Nito
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay has been telephoned....He still has the italian lingo version of Bible Mk 1 and also Bible Mk II....so he will check in and contact you....I will pm you though his mobile number
Nito

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,

pm received and I'm in touch with him now via pm.

Thanks a lot for your assistance, much appreciated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Other For Sale & Wants All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: