Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB7 Oronero won't rev
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least one person is interested now...

2bims wrote:
...Ducati dealers software and hardware won’t touch the ECU's on a DB7...as it’s a Walbro unit not used by Ducati boys or bikes...Software and leads are available, although I'm not sure which country you reside in to help much further...as some countries have the leads and software (Bimota dealers that is) Ducati dealers do not...Ducati did change to fly by wire throttles as some stage rather than cable driven throttle linkages...

There are 2 types of Walbro units used....black box ECUC stamped and used on Bimota DB5, DB6 (later models) and Tesi3D...as the Bimota ECU software is either for one unit or the other...and a special lead is also needed...and then a laptop with Windows XP is needed...instruction manual says XP or later...but Oh no...Later is no good..has to (be) dedicated XP and not newer...

Check if he has the right software...as there are 2 types...different programs....I have both sets...but only really transferable via a CD-rom or memory stick...not that its big meg...but folders under folders under folders...and has to be all in the right order...I also have the cable and step by step guide to make a cable using a Ducati stock fuel sender connector which is the connector female end that Bimota fits to their DB7...

If you have a copy or can make a copy of the software and/or any instructions as well as pics of the harness, I am willing to try and make some up and mail them off to forum members. I have made lots of custom harnesses before for a variety of items. I will gladly pay for any postage or labor required for you to send the CD etc. to me.

Of note, Digikey has the factory Ducati (and others) connectors for their harnesses. There is no cross reference other than by eye but I have sourced replacement connectors for the turn signals and taillights from them before.
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference...and if this formats correctly, here are the Digikey numbers for the Ducati 1198 (and family) turn signal and taillight connectors.

455-1166-ND; 02T-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING TAB JWPF 2POS 2MM

455-1205-ND; 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING RCPT JWPF 2POS 2MM

455-1188-ND; 03T-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING TAB JWPF 3POS 2MM

455-1198-ND; 03R-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING RCPT JWPF 3POS 2MM

455-1320-1-ND; SWPT-001T-P025 CONN TERM TAB 22-26AWG JWPF 2MM

455-1321-1-ND; SWPR-001T-P025 CONN TERM RCPT 22-26AWG JWPF 2MM

455-1490-ND; PAP-06V-S CONN HOUSING PA 6POS 2MM WHITE

455-1325-1-ND; SPHD-001T-P0.5 CONN TERM PHD CRIMP 22-26AWG TIN

455-1156-ND; PHR-12 CONN HOUSING PH 12POS 2MM WHITE

OK. The formatting wasn't what I had hoped for but...if you go to www.digikey.com and look up the ND housings (i.e. 455-1166-ND) with the above numbers, you will see the pictures. I used this to confirm what I needed to order including the appropriate terminals.

In typical fashion, manufacturers outsource what they need but don't produce. These connectors are used on a variety or European bikes and Digikey has a large selection of connectors for Japanese bikes too. You just need to dig a little.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo QuikDuk...and thanks for the words and pm...noted....The software I have is for Walbro ECUC and ECUG only...which covers DB5, DB6, DB7, DB8 and tesi 3D...But...only DB5 and DB6 that have the Koso clocks/1079cc engine...earlier versions with the central white round tacho and teeny tiny lcd speedo beneath it have a pegaso ECU...famed for glitches in power transmission around 5-6thou......Later DB10, DBX bikes have Athena ECU's as used by Benelli...and Bimota by their own admission a year ago hadn't written the software yet for them despite bikes rolling off the production line.

I have step-by-step guides of how to make them, part needed is just a Ducati fuel sender connecter, wire etc (over simplified for the less adept)...Software though differs between the 2 types of Walbro ECU...is contained under folder after folder after folder...many layers...no so big MEgabyte wise...but has to be within the formatted layers....easy to flick onto a memory stick or CD as I have done for others in the past, Slovenia, the states, OZ etc...but computer literacy wise I have no idea of how to email such folders etc....

For the early Pegaso ECU's I haven't heard of anyone that has the software....perhaps Bob Steinbugler of BimotaSpirit in the US can help..I know he has all the stuff for Walbro...as on his foreign travels he often pops in to see people with his handy travel analyser kit...cancelling errors...uploading different maps etc etc...in USA and through Europe....
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
For reference...and if this formats correctly, here are the Digikey numbers for the Ducati 1198 (and family) turn signal and taillight connectors.

455-1166-ND; 02T-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING TAB JWPF 2POS 2MM

455-1205-ND; 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING RCPT JWPF 2POS 2MM

455-1188-ND; 03T-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING TAB JWPF 3POS 2MM

455-1198-ND; 03R-JWPF-VSLE-S CONN HOUSING RCPT JWPF 3POS 2MM

455-1320-1-ND; SWPT-001T-P025 CONN TERM TAB 22-26AWG JWPF 2MM

455-1321-1-ND; SWPR-001T-P025 CONN TERM RCPT 22-26AWG JWPF 2MM

455-1490-ND; PAP-06V-S CONN HOUSING PA 6POS 2MM WHITE

455-1325-1-ND; SPHD-001T-P0.5 CONN TERM PHD CRIMP 22-26AWG TIN

455-1156-ND; PHR-12 CONN HOUSING PH 12POS 2MM WHITE

OK. The formatting wasn't what I had hoped for but...if you go to www.digikey.com and look up the ND housings (i.e. 455-1166-ND) with the above numbers, you will see the pictures. I used this to confirm what I needed to order including the appropriate terminals.

In typical fashion, manufacturers outsource what they need but don't produce. These connectors are used on a variety or European bikes and Digikey has a large selection of connectors for Japanese bikes too. You just need to dig a little.

Is this "spam" guys? Should I delete?...teehee...all double dutch for me and I didn't know anyone on here was from Holland...hopefully good for someone though
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This why I prefer old school pre-ECU stuff!
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I miss the "clack clack clack" sound of my FCR flat slide carbs... Crying or Very sad
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quikduk wrote:
Yeah. I miss the "clack clack clack" sound of my FCR flat slide carbs... Crying or Very sad
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
mick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, The problem has been solved,Had I changed the starter motor first I wouldn't of had a problem but I chose the wrong road. The new fuel pump was the culprit !
I would like to thank all of you for your input and help especially Steve (2bims) who is going to to be sorely missed, I hope he or we can change his mind.
Cheers.
djt77

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick, get yourself to the upcoming show sure he will appreciate that, only a couple of Oronero's in the UK, sure it would look great on the stand Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know there was this one in the UK.. DJT....Have you seen or know of another? Is there some secret list you guys have for all known Bimotas in the UK?....Theres someone on here in the UK, that had he ever spied for real, an ORO Nero...he'd be all over it...
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know there was this one in the UK.. DJT....Have you seen or know of another? Is there some secret list you guys have for all known Bimotas in the UK?....Theres someone on here in the UK, that had he ever spied for real, an ORO Nero...he'd be all over it...
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Howdo QuikDuk...and thanks for the words and pm...noted....The software I have is for Walbro ECUC and ECUG only...which covers DB5, DB6, DB7, DB8 and tesi 3D...But...only DB5 and DB6 that have the Koso clocks/1079cc engine...earlier versions with the central white round tacho and teeny tiny lcd speedo beneath it have a pegaso ECU...famed for glitches in power transmission around 5-6thou......

So that explains that hiccup I get every once in a while in the powerband when on the throttle heavy. It is annoying but nothing more...I hope. Rolling Eyes
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...all the test riders who rode the first production DB6's experienced the same....and an early 6 I had also had it....Bimota said at the time, that final production would have it sorted...which they did...as they changed engines to the larger 1078cc unit and changed the ECU to a Walbro unit...I thus jumped ship and changed to the later version, but a DB6R with more carbon, steering damper, slipper clutch etc that that model came with...Toured Europe a couple of times on it...been no such issue
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound silly but is it "affordable" to change out the ECU to the Walbro from the Pegaso unit or does Bimota want a kidney in return?

I thought about building my motor but it is a LOT of money to do so.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were doing so...just find a Running but high mileage used Ducati Multistrada going cheap (or other similar Duc 1000 single cam bike)...change out the entire wiring loom, ECU, fuel injection, clocks etc...then you will never be lost for replacement parts...break the rest of the Multi and sell on...I bet you'll end up in Profit.

Bimota were selling a Kit for change of ECU from Pegaso to Walbro, wired parts necessary and Koso clocks....at a snip...of 1500 euros...ahem...charging you for fixing their mistakes....Hey Ho
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: