Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

How Much??????? - DB6 for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: How Much??????? - DB6 for sale Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIMOTA-DB6-2008-Delirio-Azzurro-with-7849-KM-with-only-23-units-made-/252759574965?hash=item3ad9a509b5:g:MmYAAOSwopRYmev9
quikduk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost $19K US? Wow! It is nice but not "that" nice even though this version of the DB6 is fairly rare.

I really like the HP rating though! Shocked

I wish my 1000 DB6 made that much. Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes...I hadn't noticed those mistakes....lovely colour bike...but also its the 996cc version not 1078 as they state....but 160bhp??? If it was the DB7 maybe....

I've taken it aboard myself to kindly inform the dealer of his errors....as I imagine anyone buying it expecting 160bhp would surely note it was some 75bhp short of the mark...or thereabouts.

But being kind..I've let him know what buttons to press to convert it back over to US ...as in mph and not Kph...oh and that hes missing the short plastic body strip that bolts to the sidestand...and that I just happen to have such a spare...... Laughing
yb11reno

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one for sale right now at a dealer in Florida, 1,000 miles, asking price $23,000

I watched one of these sell at the mecum auction in Las Vegas 2 years ago, 0 miles. I think it hammered for $14k
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost makes me want to sell mine Shocked maybe !!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that they still haven't corrected the information...despite me telling them so yesterday....wouldn't bode well for a buyer when dealers don't reply or act when someone is trying to help....what would they be like if theres a problem where they should be helping the buyer?
quikduk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yb11reno wrote:
There's one for sale right now at a dealer in Florida, 1,000 miles, asking price $23,000

I watched one of these sell at the mecum auction in Las Vegas 2 years ago, 0 miles. I think it hammered for $14k

I looked at the one in the ad from Florida as well as an Azzurro with low miles. The "R" does appear to be a bit hammered as well as the LR signal stalk has broken. Mine did the same thing on a long bumpy ride but I came up with a fix.

Every vehicle for sale that I have looked at online from Florida and some Eastern states always appear a bit rough in the photos.

I called the dealer in Florida but they were not budging on the price so I backed off.
yb11reno

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the one that sold in Las Vegas was an azure as well. I found out who bought that one. I sold my yb11 last spring to a guy in Omaha, NE.
Driver comes to pick up the yb11, he says to me, "did he (guy buying it) tell you about his Bimota collection"?
Me: No, why?
Driver says - well this is number 25 for him. He and his brother have a thing going to see who can collect the most, his brother is up to 23.
That's when the driver told me about the db6 azure with no miles from the Las Vegas auction. The guy doesn't plan to ever start it, let alone ride it.
I don't know if that's all true, but that's what the guy picking up my bike told me.

Jack
Paul777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What with old football injuries and frankly, age, I struggle after a ride on
my SB8R so the more 'relaxed' riding position of a DB6 appeals.
So forgetting the price tag for a minute I rang the shop to make enquiries.
The salesman didn't know that much about the bike other than it had been
brought over from Holland where they have a contact who looks out for
'interesting' bikes. I asked why it was described as very good condition rather than the normal 'mint' or 'excellent', he didn't really know.
Anyway, the price isn't a typo but begs a question.
What would be a reasonable price for a DB6 of that age and mileage, Azzurro or otherwise?
And with a non UK spec bike, what would you do with the headlight? Even if you persuade an MOT tester that a piece of black tape is a legitimate mod it just seems so inelegant. Presumably the headlight isn't bespoke, who knows?
Slashaguc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Craigs Honda prices Reply with quote

Wow! Lets hope they get someone who will pay that price for that bike. If someone does foolishly pony up the cash, well, thats good for the market. But I really have to ask myself when I see such price tags, "does the vendor really want to sell it?"
However, just take a close look at the KB1 that they have priced at 11.5k? Really. 11.5k for THAT bike?
Like Steve said, I too mailed Craigs advising that the KB1 was at least twice over priced, if not more. Not surprisingly, I did not get a reply.....and the price tag is still 11.5k.
Comments & criticisms welcome!
Slash.
Bimota SB2, SB3, SB4-S, SB8RS, DB2, BB1, YB7-400, YB7 Formula TT,YB8e, Moriwaki Moto Martin Kawasaki, Harris F1 Kawasaki, Yosh Seeley Honda 750, Kawasaki KZ1000 Superbike, Suzuki RGV250 VJ22, RGV500, Yosh GS750 Superbike, Aprilia RS640-R, RS125 Rossi
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worrying about too much there Paul..I also contacted the dealer...to point out they had the engine cc wrong....and that it doesn't produce 160bhp...trade desrcriptions act...miss-selling etc etc....He didn't seem to care...despite emails and a phone call....thought he was the office lacky or cleaner...but turns out he was the "sales Director"...I also pointed out I had the "missing" kick plate for the sidestand for that bike...theres 2 lugs on the bike with the bolts still on but the plate is missing....He didn't care either about that.

Headlight is a "flat euro" beam...so is UK compliant with no tape needed...cant be taped up on a bike less than 10 years old anyhow....Clocks would need to be converted to miles...an easy pressing of buttons...but again...he didn't care...presumably it has been previously reg'd in the EU...so no tax to pay, and NOVA has been done...All of their bikes are overpriced...check the wreck of a KB1 with wrong front end etc etc...I had the OK for them to bring a couple of bikes to the Mcr show from the organisers and if they sold any they would chuck some money to the organisers...but this one guy was such a tw*t I really don't want him there

Pricewise? these models do at least command high asking prices...but whether they sell at that is another thing...they were all given "free" to the Italian football team squad when they won the world cup in 2006....The bike is just a different paint job in effect....standard "lo tech junk rear shock"...no steering damper like the "R" model....no slipper clutch...standard black box coffin pot brembo masters, not the radial units....standard cans....2 ships anchors....missing its mirrors also...standard wheels...less carbon panels than the "R" model..its also the first model...with the smaller 999cc motor with the problematic Pegasu ECU that no one can fix....glitches at 5-6thou running in all gears...and with dodgy clocks the supplier of which went bump many moons ago...only other bike fitted with same clocks was the Ducati MH900E launched in 1999...try finding someone breaking one of those!...so much so Bimota a year or two ago offered an upgrade of parts...Walbro ecu wiring loom and Bimota branded Koso clocks to fix the issues...a snip at £1500.....Bike would need a MSVA test as they wont have the EuroCoc...so clocks have to read in MPH...and mirrors needed....Talked you out of it yet? Its also at least £4K overpriced...Really nice to ride..if you have the right one...pain in the A with the seat after 90 miles...but you'll need fuel by then anyhow...maybe folk with smaller derrieres are fine...and lighter than me...its a very short saddle...but others have experienced the same as myself...The dealer is either buying at the wrong prices...or is trying to double his money...They have an unreg'd SB8 also which they say will be reg'd with a V5...BUT....it would need an MSVA and for that clocks have to be in mph...and those clocks can only be linked with a computer by Piero in Italy (Mr Vdue)...quite frankly they don't know their arse from their elbow...and just looking for a quick buck to make...bringing bad news on new Bimota owners....EU SB8'salso have headlights kicking the wrong way so a 2nd hand UK TL1000 unit would have to be sourced...Come to the show and try out a DB6R for size..mine will be there....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...headlight is "bespoke"...never found an alternative...stamped Bimota on the lens...thus I procured a spare in case I break my DB5 or DB6 units....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worrying about too much there Paul..I also contacted the dealer...to point out they had the engine cc wrong....and that it doesn't produce 160bhp...trade desrcriptions act...miss-selling etc etc....He didn't seem to care...despite emails and a phone call....thought he was the office lacky or cleaner...but turns out he was the "sales Director"...I also pointed out I had the "missing" kick plate for the sidestand for that bike...theres 2 lugs on the bike with the bolts still on but the plate is missing....He didn't care either about that.

Headlight is a "flat euro" beam...so is UK compliant with no tape needed...cant be taped up on a bike less than 10 years old anyhow....Clocks would need to be converted to miles...an easy pressing of buttons...but again...he didn't care...presumably it has been previously reg'd in the EU...so no tax to pay, and NOVA has been done...All of their bikes are overpriced...check the wreck of a KB1 with wrong front end etc etc...I had the OK for them to bring a couple of bikes to the Mcr show from the organisers and if they sold any they would chuck some money to the organisers...but this one guy was such a tw*t I really don't want him there

Pricewise? these models do at least command high asking prices...but whether they sell at that is another thing...they were all given "free" to the Italian football team squad when they won the world cup in 2006....The bike is just a different paint job in effect....standard "lo tech junk rear shock"...no steering damper like the "R" model....no slipper clutch...standard black box coffin pot brembo masters, not the radial units....standard cans....2 ships anchors....missing its mirrors also...standard wheels...less carbon panels than the "R" model..its also the first model...with the smaller 999cc motor with the problematic Pegasu ECU that no one can fix....glitches at 5-6thou running in all gears...and with dodgy clocks the supplier of which went bump many moons ago...only other bike fitted with same clocks was the Ducati MH900E launched in 1999...try finding someone breaking one of those!...so much so Bimota a year or two ago offered an upgrade of parts...Walbro ecu wiring loom and Bimota branded Koso clocks to fix the issues...a snip at £1500.....Bike would need a MSVA test as they wont have the EuroCoc...so clocks have to read in MPH...and mirrors needed....Talked you out of it yet? Its also at least £4K overpriced...Really nice to ride..if you have the right one...pain in the A with the seat after 90 miles...but you'll need fuel by then anyhow...maybe folk with smaller derrieres are fine...and lighter than me...its a very short saddle...but others have experienced the same as myself...The dealer is either buying at the wrong prices...or is trying to double his money...They have an unreg'd SB8 also which they say will be reg'd with a V5...BUT....it would need an MSVA and for that clocks have to be in mph...and those clocks can only be linked with a computer by Piero in Italy (Mr Vdue)...quite frankly they don't know their arse from their elbow...and just looking for a quick buck to make...bringing bad news on new Bimota owners....EU SB8'salso have headlights kicking the wrong way so a 2nd hand UK TL1000 unit would have to be sourced...Come to the show and try out a DB6R for size..mine will be there....
Paul777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really appreciate the quick response and sensible advice, I certainly didn't get a good feeling from the sales person but it hasn't put me off wanting one, just not that one.
What's the date of the Manchester show? I might just pop along.
Paul777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrub that, just seen it, end of March.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: