Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 tyre recommendations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnmankit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: DB2 tyre recommendations Reply with quote

Evening all. I'm not happy with the Metzeler M7rr tyres on my DB2. I bought them after reading good reviews but for me they don't inspire confidence. I've ridden pretty hard with them and they've never let go big time but I can often feel minor slides both front and back when cornering hard, even on good surfaces with the tyres up to temperature. Also the front seems to want to run wide. I don't remember this with the last set of Pirelli Dragon Corsas.
Be interested to hear of your experiences and recommendations.
Thanks in advance.
Kit
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelin sports dual compound all the time for me, have them on five bimotas...Vdue, Db2, db5 etc....no whitening or tramlines like I had with pixels. Stable front and rear, and nice round profile. Not v shaped, so constant role in on corners, not roll, Cliff edge over. And then roll.....inspiring. Wet or dry...2500miles per rear tyre...always change front at the same time...money saved on buying pairs...they let you know if pressures are low also, heavy to push, fall into corners, move a little on banking in, but only if pressure is low... 180 max wide on rear....gets close to chain run otherwise...
brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy with my Michelin Pilot Power 3's on both of my Bims. I've done a few track days on the SB6 and they are grippy enough for my level of riding at least.

I have Dunlop Q3's on my ZXR track bike but can't give an opinion on them yet as I haven't ridden it Crying or Very sad. They DO look nice though Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
barnmankit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas - I've not really like Michelins in the past but we're talking years ago so I'm sure they've changed since then.
What I'm looking for is a front end that sticks like glue and turns in quickly and the back end isn't so critical, esp as we're only looking at 85 bhp or so. Also the combined weight of me and the bike is only about 230 kg - would that make a difference?
A shed full of bicycles

"We're each given one small grain of madness - if we lose it, we're nothing." Robin Williams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: