Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Good looking SB6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djt77

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Good looking SB6 Reply with quote

Just been listed on ebay uk looks like a nice example

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIMOTA-SB6-1994-RARE-HAND-CRAFTED-SUPERBIKE-15k-miles-/270574297528?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3eff7c21b8
oily

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell the suns shining..... biddings going stupid already Laughing
The only way you'll buy this at sensible money is go and view it with the pound notes in your hand to wave under the guys nose Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New owner will need to read our side stand thread I think! Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definatly Laughing
Need to get rid of those frame killing crash bungs too Wink
jtl

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: frame bungs or saniitary towels Reply with quote

I disagree oily over the frame crash bungs as on the early sb6 the frame comes out over the fairing so even a minor drop results in the frame beung scratched. This happened to my N reg sb6 when i was knocked off it on the M6 ten years.
Lots of people then fit the sb6 with the long frame hugging carbon fibre stick on pads which remind of a sanitary towel in a thong. At least with the crash bungs the complete frame is showing thus not hiding any sinister damage
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a closer look at it ... the whole body will need a respray, those stress cracks are at every point of flex around the shell. Whoever was taking it on and off did so without any regard for the nature of the carbon and paintwork. Even over a long period of time you can ease it up and off without damaging it as much as that. The petrol cap is sitting well off square, looks like the tank is sitting to far forward on the rails, wheels look like an over due refurb so I would think you need to spend at least a grand to get it looking ok without any engine work? Be interesting to see what she goes for.
tlracing

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also advertised on MCN at £4500.
oily

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: frame bungs or saniitary towels Reply with quote

jtl wrote:
I disagree oily over the frame crash bungs as on the early sb6 the frame comes out over the fairing so even a minor drop results in the frame beung scratched. This happened to my N reg sb6 when i was knocked off it on the M6 ten years.
Lots of people then fit the sb6 with the long frame hugging carbon fibre stick on pads which remind of a sanitary towel in a thong. At least with the crash bungs the complete frame is showing thus not hiding any sinister damage

Half of the damaged SB6 frames are caused by the crash bungs Shocked
After a drop, the crash bungs get bent and pushed into the frame causing deep dents in the thin alloy frame skin. Without the bungs the frame gets an unsightly graze which doesn't distort the frame UNLIKE the crash bungs.
The carbon fibre frame protectors are a matter of choice (I like them) but very functional in preventing the gravel rash decorated frame Wink

Not too sure what you mean about the "early SB6 frame coming out over the fairing" all the sb6 fames and fairings are more or less the same or are you including the 6R
jtl

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: frame protectors Reply with quote

I meant the sb6 frame compared to the later sb6r as the fairing on the sb6r protrudes more, so in the event of a spill the fairings take the damage and hopefully the frame escapes scratches.

However i will take on board the advice on the crash bungs as my 6r has them fitted.

In the past the crash bungs saved my R1 from serious damage otherwise the R1 would of been a right off

Is there anything available to protect the swingarm in an event of a spill as the footpeg hangers will dig into the swingarm because they are not on a hinge. As when i was knocked off my sb6 the swingarm was dinted and the frame scracthed. Prevention is better then cure.
oily

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some where I've got a couple of pictures of SB6 frames with crash bung
sized/shaped dents in them. I'll try and dig them out Wink

As for the footrest hanger dent's in the swing arm, I've seen a few of those too and know of no protectors on the market for this problem.
There's a market opportunity for some one. needs to be a bit more sturdy than a sheet of carbon fibre to protect from that type of force. Wink

Trouble is, to keep weight down, Bimota used a very thin wall thickness on frame and swingarm so it doesn't take a lot of force to dent them Crying or Very sad
madasfook

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see what pompy means the body work is very rough and the tank looks on the piss , on that i would love a SB6 but for the right money that one is not as nice as oilys and not worth as much . on that note im thinking of selling my DB2 as i have not riden it in a year any idear of what i should ask for it .
the spec is 940 cc convertion mikuni flat sides ,tuned hand made exhaust tuned lenth with carbon cans new belts oil filter battery and two brand new michie piliot road race tyres will have a new mot when sold pixs to follow
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB2 eh bud? Might be interested old boy ... back in UK on 25th May so get those pictures up and say hello to the guys in the mess! Laughing
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompy you would be my first choice of buyers my DB2 is stunning and i will post pixs asap, as for the mess big bill has just left the mess and is moving on to other things so we have a new brig .
so i have a new boss , let me know when you are back as i will be selling the DB2 quite soon to fund a few other projects
oily

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over £4k with two days to go Shocked
Excellent, Sb6's are going up in price to where they belong Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: