Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8RS new owner in need

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcspeed.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: SB8RS new owner in need Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I am in need of a service manual for an 2000 SB8RS. Guy I bought it from had nothing for the owners manual or the service manual. I need specific info on the fuel trimmer as it runs very rich and is set at 270.
daotoys1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222382920245?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Try Ebay
Smile

BIMOTA CLASSIC PARTS

Smile
mcspeed.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEEEEEES! Thanks. Seller stated the bike ran perfect and it won't run for me. Now I will at least have the manual to verify what's what.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried turning it off and on again Very Happy

No spark sounds like a protection circuit to me, so Kill Switch, Side Stand Switch, Neutral position switch and clutch switch
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the SB8R's do run very rich low down due to their massive throttles .
Think its very common to have to have extra tuning work done on them to get them anywhere near running right.
mcspeed.1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I recieved the manual today and have just finished reading it. I thought the early 1970's Japanese manuals were a joke. Bimota has taken service manuals to a whole new level for the worse. I especially like the diagnostics section that tells us that if for the most part if anything goes wrong - replace it! Cool.
SB8R Tuner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplug the trimmer and see how it does. The fuel trimmer you have is not any better than the standard trimmer. The ecu only interprets .5vdc increments on that circuit. The trimmer you have will output voltage in a linear fashion instead of a stepped fashion of the standard trimmer. If you do a search for SB8R tuning, you will see my post about the subject. They do need to be re-tuned to run correctly.
Suzuki 1988 GSXR-750
Suzuki 1989 GSXR-750R
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB8R Tuner wrote:
Unplug the trimmer and see how it does. The fuel trimmer you have is not any better than the standard trimmer. The ecu only interprets .5vdc increments on that circuit. The trimmer you have will output voltage in a linear fashion instead of a stepped fashion of the standard trimmer. If you do a search for SB8R tuning, you will see my post about the subject. They do need to be re-tuned to run correctly.

Question: what numerical value should the Evoluzione trimmer be set at for street riding?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
SB8R Tuner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. Many of the ecu parameters are so out of wack, it would be safe to say it would probably help in some area's but hurt in others.
Suzuki 1988 GSXR-750
Suzuki 1989 GSXR-750R
daotoys1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
SB8R Tuner wrote:

Question: what numerical value should the Evoluzione trimmer be set at for street riding?

The SB8R/S models were great bikes if you can set them up correctly.
I had 3 SB8RS bikes and put well over 60K miles on mine in the mountain canyons here .

The bike is much more of a race bike made street legal ....so its made to be ridden hard and fast ( the bike runs better the more aggressive you use it (IMHO)

Ive used both the BIMOTA Trimmer and the dial Trimmer ( EVO ) ....

The Trimmers need to be set most by trial & error ( IMHO ) to match you and your riding style and riding environment

Try riding the bike and test various settings until you find the best results

For example ; I used the mountain canyons to test and set up the bikes ( in the environment where I would be using the bike 99% of the time )

With extreme changes in altitude ( I live around 5000 ft above sea level ... we have the highest paved road in north america .... so my rides would be as high as the summit road of MT Evans at 14,262 feet up ) .... so changing the trimmer settings while riding is required to either richen or lean the bike to get best results as you go up or down the mountains )

By the way .... if you ride the SB8R/S in the city , or like a street bike you will be poorly served as the bike was not made to be ridden as such ( my opinion )

good luck with your bike

you hopefully will love it ( but only if you ride it like it was designed and can set it up to fit you and your riding methods )

peace

d.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: