Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Done it -YBY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Done it -YBY Reply with quote

So I finally done it - bought a nice YB7. Pick it up on the weekend and will post photos.
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Done it -YBY Reply with quote

pkay wrote:
So I finally done it - bought a nice YB7. Pick it up on the weekend and will post photos.

Congrats on the purchase of your first Bim Paul. I imagine the YB7 is a more than capable bike, I've never ridden one. Post some pics when you work out how Laughing .

Drop me a line if can't work out how Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
rpo83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats,

I was trying to talk my Mrs into buying that for her.... i failed...

I'd never read too much about the YB's until i bought my 5, but when these 3 YB7's popped up i went and read some old road tests, very very good reviews.

You will have to bring your bike and come and visit us all at the Festival of Speed in March at Eastern Creek... Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh NO...is this another Bimota soon to be added to the Australian branch of the showing of Bimotas at the end of the March month...Congrats anyhow...and Welcome to the Forum...THE definitive source of how to fettle, fix, source parts and have an appreciative audience of your bravery in joining the fraternity of Bimota Ownership....Wishing you and your bike a bright future..
Bud977

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats pkay! My brother has a YB7 as well. It may need some company at the Barry Sheene. Are you interested in coming? The more the merrier.

Strange thing is the engine number prefix is 3NP. This doesn't show up in any searches. Anyone know which series of motor this is?
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
Congrats pkay! My brother has a YB7 as well. It may need some company at the Barry Sheene. Are you interested in coming? The more the merrier.

Strange thing is the engine number prefix is 3NP. This doesn't show up in any searches. Anyone know which series of motor this is?

Evil chooky seems to know his Yam 400's pretty well...
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
pkay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to picking up the wee beastie this weekend.

The guys who sold the bike has several more n his shed (I've seen them) so expect another one of two to pop up on the Bay over the next year.

The BSFOS is bit of hike from Brisbane - I was originally planning on going but have bought myself a KX450F dirt bike to go and hurt myself on and am planning a weekend away that weekend.

Pictures to come
who

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Oh NO...is this another Bimota soon to be added to the Australian branch of the showing of Bimotas at the end of the March month

We are a Colony after all Very Happy
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: another Bim in Aus Reply with quote

...and on top of that I found a YB5 in the workshop of a non bimota business in Aus a couple of weeks ago. (wonderful thing late night web surfing!)

The owner said its a Jap import 6 years ago but he's too busy with work to refurbish it back on the road. (not that it looked rough) Not interested in selling it either. I won't say where/who (his privacy) but as with all these things its easy to see how movement and inactivity makes the trail go cold on "where are they now!"
pkay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the DB2 that has popped up on eBay yesterday.
Interested why it's not L01 for Australia. I think there was a YB9 somewhere as well.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkay wrote:
And the DB2 that has popped up on eBay yesterday.
Interested why it's not L01 for Australia. I think there was a YB9 somewhere as well.

Hey...that's not fair....if you mention a DB2 for Sale...you have to at least post a ruddy link up for it...Drat...have to start searching now to see if I can find it and give my opinion on it...Not for me of course....too ruddy far away and too dear to ship....
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lordy...Wish I hadn't searched for it now...Its only a DB2 Junior, with its teeny 400cc Duc engine and stock single front disc...and cheap as chips...might even be worth shipping back to the UK...as we can register that here....Missing front indicators and wing mirrors, and rear hugger...one rivet from the RHS rear end can...but other than that it looks stock standard and CHEAP CHEAP....no mention of mileage though...and NO RESERVE...and start price is Very reasonable...MASSIVE rear sprocket to try and give that teeny engine a help off the line...it'll have nothing at the top but I'll bet its a hoot

Damn damn drat...what to do...Hhmmmm....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bimota-db2-/142285147398?hash=item2120db0d06:g:eLsAAOSw2gxYqmvJ
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell 'hawkeye' 2bims, must be my failing eyesight, but rivet missing, I still cannot see it, if you get my drift Laughing
It is tempting but it would have to be the 'right' price to bring to the UK, with shipping, import duty and VAT to bring into the equation.
I presume it should be an easy conversion to put a 900 lump in it, biggest drawback could be finding another Paioli fork leg with a caliper mount to fit another front disc.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis cheap , and all things do'able , but then is it REALLY!!
Yes all things are do-able , but what is the real cost ??
Fork is the cast lower variant and not the mounting lug with a caliper bracket attached variant . Chance and cost of the second fork ?? Need upgrading due to extra engine wieght/grunt . Might as well fit some Swedish gold !!(Ohlins)
Disc, lovely period cast Brembo deep dish number !!! Unobtainable new/SH but I believe there is a place that makes period looking copies for £320 was it ?? Can't quite remember. So do you buy 2 expensive disc's because you need a mating pair or do you go the Ducati fitment disc's with different/later wheels , or maybe nice forged jobbies !!! Caching !! £2k please sir
Engine , £1000-£2000 by the time you bought , stripped and added all the goodies because you need new carbs anyway so might as well spend the extra on flatsides !!!! Oh what a slippery slope !!!!
Think a nice 944 DB2 with flatsides seems a bargain !!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oyeeeeeeeeeeeeee......You've gone and added a ruddy avatar...KNOWING full well I've just finished the Name Badges for the stand...drat and damn you Dick Dasterdly.......

So...you not "lured" into getting the DB2 Junior...Youre right though...Kerching Kerching when you get it sorted....if transplanting a new heart....Import and VAT not so bad....as price is low...probably pay more on the shipping as they consider that part of the price...For me? Well...I'd keep it as a 400 as Bimota Factory intended...and just rag the knackers off it... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: