Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8RS Arrow Cans needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcspeed.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: SB8RS Arrow Cans needed Reply with quote

My bike has the ARROW exhaust fitted. However, one muffler has cought on fire from running waaaaaay to lean I presume. Any help would be great.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo...pictures would help...theres a company here in the UK..and presumably a few in USA...that sells various sizes of carbon tubes, ally tubes, end caps, baffle tubes, inner sleeves etc, of various sizes...so that effectively you can rebuild or make entirely new cans...if the rivets on the old cans are drilled out...and then you can strip them down into their bare parts...replace what bits you want...they sell the fibreglass wrapping baffle material also...then reassemble and rivet back together with a pop rivet gun...

Not an SB8 man through and through...but I know that once they are fired up...you are then supposed to ride them...the fueling system doesn't like to have the bike sitting idling without being under load whilst simply "idling" or warming up.....Is this how it occurred? or whilst riding?
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: SB8RS Arrow Cans needed Reply with quote

mcspeed.1 wrote:
My bike has the ARROW exhaust fitted. However, one muffler has cought on fire from running waaaaaay to lean I presume. Any help would be great.

I have only heard of this once before and it was due to a bit of dirt in an injector not allowing it to close , so running way to rich and raw fuel getting into can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: