Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

yb8 speedo drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwirider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: yb8 speedo drive Reply with quote

Hi i have just pulled my forks out to fit new seals they are marzocchis upside down i don't see anywhere the speedo drive can lock into the fork there is a notch in the speedo drive does it rely on the axle when its done up tight Question
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure...as never stripped a YB8....but on DB series and some others...the speedo drive "stays in place" due to it being clamped up by the spindle that threads into the LHS fork leg...pressing against the surface of the fork leg and pushing onto the wheel bearing...RHS normally a spacer or actually a larger dia "turned" part of the spindle pushes against the inside face of fork leg and against the wheel bearing also...Have you consulted the YB8 Spare parts manual? Which shows the bike "blown apart"...?

You say YB8? With USD Forks? so presumably the Furano??

http://www.sfogliami.it/flip.asp?sc=x677l6clcdlikyggfnm3cl46pslgvp2y&ID=117646#page/10

Hhmmm...I see that the Spare parts manual misses out any mention of speedo drive unit...not the first time I've seen that though...as normally they used say a Ducati part...that was milled out to take the spindle,,,but normally theres no spacers...other than the speedo drive that acts as a spacer....Marzocchi Forks?Not Ohlins???
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also replied to your other thread, so check that one out also...
kiwirider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply its a yb8e so has carbs i have got it to bits changed all the fluids fixed a fuel leak at the reserve solenoid looks like float bowl gaskets are leaking also.I see one fork is compression and one is rebound but some one has written in pen m s h on the adjusters on top of the forks how do you adjust them correctly or is it by feel Question thanks again Graham
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

kiwirider wrote:
Thanks for the reply its a yb8e so has carbs i have got it to bits changed all the fluids fixed a fuel leak at the reserve solenoid looks like float bowl gaskets are leaking also.I see one fork is compression and one is rebound but some one has written in pen m s h on the adjusters on top of the forks how do you adjust them correctly or is it by feel Question thanks again Graham

MSH??? Sounds like Medium,Soft,Hard...but cant help further...not familiar with the forks...Pictures???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: