Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Is there still pulse at Bimota in Rimini?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
niels550

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Is there still pulse at Bimota in Rimini? Reply with quote

Are they still building bikes? If so, where?
I'd like a new Tesi and wondering if I've missed the boat.
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll still be able to buy a new Tesi, but I doubt you'll get one from the factory
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
niels550

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.
But why do you say that?
Feel free to email me if you'd prefer to not say so publicly.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels550

There is life at Bimota but kind of limited
They were never great in selling directly from the factory to the public....preferring their trusted network of supporters /dealers to handle all sales .
Even right down to not answering the email enquiry

Please tell us where you are and I am sure someone will point you in the right direction

Regards

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
niels550

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin
I'm in Australia.. I've actually plonked down a 50% deposit on a Tesi Naked with the agent here.
It's just that I've heard grim things of late, including that article in Cycle World (?) which pretty much stated it was all over for Bimota. Hence the reason for this thread - to see if anyone closer to Italy than me may have had a positive view.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels550.....I did the same on a special build supercharger back in March 2016
The UK dealer helped throughout and eventually I visited the factory in November 16 to see where they were at with my order
They hadn't even started and couldn't
Who ever owns Bimota now is guilty of mis managing the company

The factory has plenty of orders for the Tesi and the engines
to go with them but nothing else.....only 2 valvers
They do not have any 4 valvers.......which will pass the Euro 4 requirements so any other bikes if they ever get built
.....will attract a SVA or similar, nothing major but a serious backward step

The staff levels were at the time of the Milan show Nov 2015 approx 22...when I visited ....Nov 16......it was 7
The U.K. Dealer did a great thing in returning all my monies but my special order is no more than a dream and the lost 10 months of my life
Being Glaswegian, we are only meant to have a life expectancy of 56 ...I am 57 next birthday....so those 10 months of fannying about
...kind of peed me off

Enjoy the Tesi

Regards
Gavin

who

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niels550 wrote:
Hi Gavin
I'm in Australia.. I've actually plonked down a 50% deposit on a Tesi Naked with the agent here.
It's just that I've heard grim things of late, including that article in Cycle World (?) which pretty much stated it was all over for Bimota. Hence the reason for this thread - to see if anyone closer to Italy than me may have had a positive view.

If it is with an Australian dealer you have a claim within AU. Consumer affairs. I would want some solid communication between yourself and the dealer you purchased the bike through, saying the purchase was secure, and documentation of such?

Otherwise go in hard before the administrators do!

I know for a fact that in the last 12 months many Bimotas have been sold on auction sites for a quarter of their value.

Get moving to secure your investment
niels550

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gavin
Thanks for the feedback. Here's hoping the Tesi production can still continue because of the availability of the aircooled 2V engines. I
I've been assured that assembly of "my" Tesi has been started.
Although, I'm beginning to suspect that the factory in Rimini is an empty shell and that Bimota is subcontracting the assembly process out to cottage industry workshops.
Only time will tell.
niels550

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Who.
Thanks for the advice.
I've been assured the build process has started, so probably best to give everyone a chance to deliver on their promises (or not) before getting too excited.
Depressing news about low resale value of Bimotas worldwide. Problem in Australia is importing a bike which does not comply with the ADRs. Unless jumping through senseless bureaucratic hoops gives you joy, it pretty much makes these bikes only suitable as track bikes.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know for a fact that in the last 12 months many Bimotas have been sold on auction sites for a quarter of their value.

What new ones?? Just in Aus or elsewhere?
mb_pfalz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a German magazine (mo motorcycles from Italy - Special Magazine) are in the current issue right at the beginning in the Editiorial some lines in relation to bimota. There the current state is thus circumscribed: The lights are out... they are waiting for the next investor ...
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Quote:

What new ones?? Just in Aus or elsewhere?

Don't worry yourself lamby...a German and Australian distributors both went bump a couple of years ago...stock was liquidated on the new bikes and auctioned off....final prices were 2/3rds to 3/4 of retail prices...1/4 value was back in 2005 when they last went bump....
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niels550 wrote:
Hello Who.
Thanks for the advice.
I've been assured the build process has started, so probably best to give everyone a chance to deliver on their promises (or not) before getting too excited.
Depressing news about low resale value of Bimotas worldwide. Problem in Australia is importing a bike which does not comply with the ADRs. Unless jumping through senseless bureaucratic hoops gives you joy, it pretty much makes these bikes only suitable as track bikes.

I'm all for trusting people, and keeping fingers crossed, especially for bimota... But why don't you ask them for a photo if your bike being built with a recent dated newspaper in front of it...or a hand written piece of paper with your name on against your bike...I've done this for used bimotas that I've bought remotely and never visited to see before I bought...genuine people have no issues with this in today's modern media society...Quick snap with a phone and WhatsApp it...or even a short video in factory showing and referencing you and your bike....it's not like you're buying a chinky Chinese scooter is it????... I find the absence of factory updates and ignorance to respond frustrating and annoying....and I have no paid deposit with them....
niels550

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims, photos have been requested.
The importer called me a couple of days ago and assured me that the parts had been ordered and the process was underway. No doubt there is a lag between ordering and delivery, so it's only fair to give it some time.
He also said that Bimota was spending €250K on R&D to ensure future models will comply with the new regulations.

What gives me some hope is that Bimota had a marketing blitz, doing 40 so called "limited edition" bikes to celebrate their 40th anniversary. Mine is 38/40. They refused to sell me #40 or even #39 because both had been sold. So there are at least 3 bikes on order. I'm guessing that in true Italian tradition, the allocation of serial numbers is in random order.. Very Happy

There is little doubt that Bimota are struggling to survive, fingers crossed they will pull through. The motorcycle world is a better place with niche builders lie Bimota. Meanwhile, I'll keep everyone here posted of any progress.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niels550.......just to add to your info

I received a load of parts a couple of weeks ago from BCP and one of those parts was sent to me
under a different package straight from the Factory.
I guess MariaElena in parts is still there .....helping all the parts go out.

And as I said...they have no issue supplying the bikes built using the 2 valve heads..
....it is the 4 valve ...euro4....abs....fly by wire....traction control stuff that the issue is with.
Proof was the 25-30 orders they had in Nov for the Tesi.

Regards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: