Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Actual 38 Bikes at the Manchester Bike Show - 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Actual 38 Bikes at the Manchester Bike Show - 2017 Reply with quote

OK folks....final line up is now confirmed..Manchester Bike Show 25th/26th March...as all attendees have confirmed attendance and what bikes are coming...AND...long range weather forecast says clear and dry and sunny from next Thursday straight through the weekend...which will be a first....

We will still take on board any Bimotas not listed below...or "copies/duplicates"...the show is open to anyone wanting to bring their bike(s)

Line-up is:-

DB1 (x2 with one recent restoration...which will be stripped rolling chassis and bodywork separately mounted on stands)
DB2 Carbie 1994 - Tricolor Moto Corse
DB2SR - Tricolor
DB3 Mantra Mk II
DB4 tricolor
DB5R Tricolor
DB6R - Tricolor
DB7
DB7 Oro Nero -
DB9 Brivado
DB10 Stock
DB10 - Modded, BST Carbon Wheels, Matris suspension
DB11
DBX

================================================

YB4ie Race bike, Raced at Isle of Man Classic TT by Ben Wylie
YB5
YB6
YB7
YB8 Evo
YB9SR - Gobert colours
YB9SR - Sheepdip Yellow///ahem
YB10
YB11

SB4 - Handy picnic table for the family
SB6
SB6R
SB7 - Rare yellow and Black
SB8 - Santa Monica

KB1 - Another newbie to the show, that has been squirrelled out of hibernation
Vdue Trofeo
Vdue Evolution
Tesi 3D - Monoposto
Tesi 3D - Biposto
Tesi 3D - Biposto
BB3 Race bike - Raced by Ben Wylie at NW200, Isle of Man TT and Macau, Bens there for the weekend also
Vyrus 999
Cagiva CX125 - Martini Designed (designer of DB1 - trick single sided front and rear wheels)

Bambino mini-moto YB4ie rocker

Bimota wine, snacks, Roped off seating for 10 or so, engine displays, frame stand and display of Bimota frames, pop-ups, banners, bins, bunting, tricolor flags, Bimota rugs, key fobs, prizes, free sweets for children, collection for NorthWest Air Ambulance services.....Just need to get down there and rustle up some lycra clad ladies....This thread has gone on for some time now...with more posts and views than a normal full show...and we've not even shown yet, so I will start up a new thread with a sticky for the Show itself....and post this up there

A big thanks to all that are coming, the effort is appreciated, putting the news out to Joe Public...and getting these wonderful beasts seen and talked aabout can only be good, thanks especially to the newbies, for venturing out, and of course the Old faithful....

Did I mention "free Prizes"... Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:59 am; edited 3 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quickie folks....It would appear that at least one person "out there"...names shall not be used....has believed that the "Bimota Office and Canteen Bins" have indeed been shipped straight over from the Bimota Factory...and that postage costs must have been horrendous....

So if theres one "believer" then perhaps theres more...I must make it categorically clear, although it saddens my heart to do so....the BimotaForum and the Annual Manchester Bike Show stand receive absolutely Zero support whatsoever from the factory...never have...despite our and mine repeated requests....be it either financially or physically, or even just "good luck" wishes.....Only once ever out of numerous emails sent have I received a "sorry, but we have nothing to offer but best wishes..."and that was from Maria....and even then after she had been asked to respond by another on here that knows her...nothing against her...or the factory....we've only ever asked for Sales brochures to hand out...and again...the silence was deafening.

The show, and indeed the Forum is just run and funded by loyal fans of the Brand and their bikes...showing them, helping people, is driven by this love and loyalty...and faith that they will continue...as its the bikes themselves that drew me to the brand...and not the other way around...No names mentioned...Doocati...Oops...just slipped out....

Hopefully we make more people aware of the Brand and the bikes and this stirs emotions and keeps the faith alive///maybe it helps resale values in letting people know that you can buy a Bimota...and keep it running without dealers or a factory...but that's just a bonus...I never got into it for that, nor ever will ....I'd rather buy houses if I was concerned about making money....having something physical to tinker with, ride and enjoy and show is far better than a Mansion behind locked gates, or a Kandinsky above the fireplace...try riding one of those....Cheers all
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck for next weekend and if your out of pocket them please let the forum know and I'm sure myself & hopefully others would help out......
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we should do crowd Funding? Albeit a small crowd....we are collecting for North West Air ambulance services......so at least a good cause that often helps out bikers in dire circumstances...and to which no-one should object....
brian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, your efforts are appreciated by those of us that know how much YOU put into this show and the brand in general. You selflessly help so many and spread the wealth of knowledge with such enthusiasm.

There will always be conspiracy theorists and critics. Hopefully the faithful and honest amongst us can outweigh the few.

Many thanks my friend!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent line up there Steve. You've outdone yourself this year. Good luck with the weekend. Post up plenty of pics on Facebook and we'll do the same from the other side (end?) of the globe.
Cheers,
Lech
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wo wo wo.....retraction retraction and step back....I can now see how my initial post may have been mis-construed.....apologies...my bad...(hate that expression)....I haven't (knowingly) been accused of receiving Factory backhanders/freebies, I wish, or any such enhancement of wealth/products.....Said person who called round to mine this morning to borrow a few things, tools etc...was admiring my "bimota Bin"...resplendent in my kitchen, albeit full of last nights curry takeaway...and was quite envious of said bin...commentating it must have cost a fortune to post such a volume all the way from Rimini....I must be either a convincing "fibber" or said person trusts my every word, or he was kidding me....as he hadn't realised it was my "old bin" that I gave a recycling make-over for the Show.....courtesy of £1 rattle cans from my local Poundland...with insulation tape used to mask off...polishing courtesy of flap wheels and 3 grades of wax....I was impressed with the results but hadn't for one moment thought someone was taken in to believe it was a genuine "factory product"....so apologies to all...and said person for his gaff....Although it does put him into an early 1st place for the award of the gaff of the week of the Show....for which a Genuine Factory Bimota Pencil is to be awarded...slightly used...worn eraser and blunted tip...Apologies.... Embarassed
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
Excellent line up there Steve. You've outdone yourself this year. Good luck with the weekend. Post up plenty of pics on Facebook and we'll do the same from the other side (end?) of the globe.
Cheers,
Lech

Cheers Bud and Brian...not on a pity mission...and looking forward to ours and your show...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently working on a "cool Wall"...as was in Top Gear...had some spare MDF sheet and Faux brick wallpaper that my son chose for his bedroom....and am now printing off pictures from previous shows to stick on the "wall"...cool Bimota bikes (aren't they all?)....but will save it for the show...theres a couple of other surprises...that will remain as such....
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I've finished my "Bimota Forum Cool Wall"...and pretty much everything else is sorted...so much so I'm off on a Jolly to pick up another Bimota for the next few days off to the Land of Cheese and Wooden Clogs.....beer and food and whatever else takes my Fancy...Anyone know the whereabouts of that Rotten FZ750 is in Amsterdam? The one that's been chained up beside a canal for the last 30 years and never moved?

Heres the Final layout plan for the Stand and the Event Hall itself:-

For anyone coming down that I've promised a free ticket....with contributions taken for North West Air Ambulance Services...that's never met me...this was me a couple of years ago...and Nope...youre unlucky..."me" is on the right side of the picture...

Heres a picture of some 17 Bimotas lined up in Japan....so our planned 35 Bimotas will certainly be some sight to behold for sure...looking forward to it

And heres a raft of shots that I took for the Cool Wall...some of which made the Cut....and a lot of which didn't.......was a tricky decision...but some shots had to go on the cutting room floor........

Play name the person, racer and special bikes....:-

And for those with nothing much else to do like me...heres a few more risqué pictures of beautiful Bimotas...some that made the cut..and some that didn't...or you can open and print them off for your own "manCave"....
Enjoy.....

I'm sad to report also that I approached the owner of the bike below to see if he wanted to bring it to the show...but he is otherwise engaged that weekend...same also for a DB2FE and a DB2 Half Fairing model....but that was just me trying to swell the numbers further...them Aussies boys numbers seem to be creeping upwards.... Shocked

Last edited by 2bims on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You printing A5 size or what? I have a few candidates !!
RWG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to try this, split weekend, new Ducati shop opens 25th, so sat/sun should be busy.
Looking at changing my 2015 Multistrada so hope to check Bimota out. Sb6r long gone, though I do like Test & Sb8r among others
Will check out location
Cheers
Paul
RWG
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SET up Day WooHoo...and the sun is shining.......BIG BIG REMINDER....DO not forget to collect your free tickets when bringing a bike....AND...if you have any spares I would appreciate some as I will be selling them and collecting solely for North West Air Ambulance Services..>ALSO...for my crimes..I will be dressing in Fancy dress for the weekend...so will be easily recognisable...No...Not draping myself in tri-color Caligula style....But..I will be in all Black and White...and offering Blessings to anyones motorbike that wants it......Nuff SAID

ALSO AND LASTLY>.........CLOCKS GO FORWARD ONE HOUR ON SATURDAY NIGHT>>>so remember this........Damn and drat it...just when I need all the sleep I can get the UK robs me of an hour

See y'all at the show
stockcar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best of luck Steve........
Chris Jessop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic display of Bimotas etc. at the Manchester show today, well done to all involved Very Happy.....

Yorkshire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: