Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike Show - March 2018
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Manchester Bike Show - March 2018 Reply with quote

Well...my 7th year of attendance at this event...and the 6th year of taking bikes down...slightly easier this year as there was no Bimota Forum stand...but there was the odd one or 2 down there...including one for Sale!!!!!!

First day of the Show over.......Friday was set up day...a bigger showing this year from all the Main Dealers and a return for a few no shows like BMW and KTM.......Less clubs this year...less returnees.......a few bespoke coffee, ice cream and sandwich shops....so it wasn't just offerings of a portion of chips that you can number on 2 hands...and pastie for a tenner...or such....although they were there again.....Doors opened for traders this morning at 6.30am...and I was down there...so took a few photos prior to Joe Public turning up....so the place does look empty...coz main doors don't open until 9.30am....by which time I had been around the whole place with uninterrupted access and no barging into folk

Bimotas first

And now the "also rans"....there were several hundred Harleys and wanna be jap Harleys....but I kept dropping the camera each time I pointed it at one...soz....this is the only one I could take properly

Found a new project also

deal done and it was back home with me before the doors opened for the public...it pays to be the early bird

and the others...without comments...just whatever took my fancy....the retirement of the grid girls from Formula one did mean there was more of an ambundance of lycra clas ladies this year than previously...but I'm keeping the memories but this post clean

2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last few for today...maybe more tomorrow

2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all those that couldn't make it down....well...you've now seen the show...and saved £18 on the entrance fee also....... Laughing
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to point out that the DB1 is not for sale, repeat NOT FOR SALE! This is what happens when they let in unaccompanied and irresponsible two-stroke hooligans trying to recapture their yoof! Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo 'ello....has someone just woken up?...it must be Tuesday by now eh?
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with a rotor lock on the Ducati 851? Are there any issues with the bikes being "expropriated" ?

BTW, thanks for the great pics. I'll try to return the favor in a few months when I'll be at the Quail Moto Gathering
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
What's up with a rotor lock on the Ducati 851? Are there any issues with the bikes being "expropriated" ?

I'd wager its a newbie first timer, thats never showed a bike before....its the events 7th year of running, and nothing has gone missing as yet..........Its often one of the questions I was asked by Bimota folk who agreed to show the bikes...."what about security/insurance...etc etc???".......as if I was the organiser of the event.....

Last year we put 36 Bimotas on the Bimota stand...and 2 No. Tamburini/Bimota inspired bikes....including 3 No. Tesi 3D's...a carbon framed and swing armed DB7 Oro NEro....a very special Vyrus painted by Rossi's helmet designer....2 No. Vdues....2 No. DB1's....2 No. Db2's....DB's 3 all the way thru to DB11 and DBX...a complete set...and a complete set of YB road going bikes YB4-YB11...SB's and a KB1...there was close to $1,ooo,ooo dollars worth of Bimotas down there.....so i just have to tell folk...."heck...we're all in the same boat".....One newbie we had...who isnt even on this Forum.....was contacted because he had a YB5 he had just bought...and we needed one to "complete" the full YB series of bikes......He agreed to ferry his bike to Wales...to a complete strangers house...but also a fellow Bimota owner...who then vanned it to and from the event for the weekend........I think generally most bikers are a most trusting lot with their bikes and fellow bikers....and I've found that Bimota owners are probably the most trusting...especially if its a fellow Bimota owner......Lets face it....other than contact via the WWW on here....we are all complete strangers initially...yet trust each other with advice we give on maintenance, fixing bikes...contacts for help and supply of parts ....all to ensure our beloved machines keep their engines ticking and wheels moving...

I've been fortunate enough to meet and maintain relationships with possibly over 25 fellow Bimota owners on here.....whom upon meeting for the first time sometimes...will throw their bike key at you and say..."give it a blast and see how it goes...." including riding over the mountain course on the Isle of Man TT........an hence although I dont own 20 Bimotas....thats toughly how many I've ridden.....I think we all consider ownership a privelege....and like to share such kindred passion with others....which is why I do the shows/meets etc....I've never met a "bad" Bimota owner yet
ruffef

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
To all those that couldn't make it down....well...you've now seen the show...and saved £18 on the entrance fee also....... Laughing

well, you say that, but, your camera must have a shaky / focus problem.... : )

loving the quality of the bikes, particularly liked the CCM and the ducati scrambler

thanks for sharing
ruffef
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruffef wrote:
2bims wrote:

well, you say that, but, your camera must have a shaky / focus problem.... : )
ruffef

He's getting on a bit now, gets over excited easily !!!
glened

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Thanks for pics Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pics, on holiday at the moment, but it was great to see the bikes in all their glory. Over the winter period I have been really busy with work..... Sad I know, will catch up in the summer months where you can add the Triton to your ever growing list of bikes ridden. Not into all this forum stuff but if Vort reads this I still owe you some money for the garage Mat
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Glen...good day to you sir....Hows home life?....Slightly singed or all spic and span now?...Yup...missed you at the show for what is usually a quick fly by....must at least do Rivi again or chester come summer...if Summer ever comes.....Triton....finally eh?...well done....Just the Vdue to add to your collection now eh???
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures from Manchester Bike Show 2018

2bims KDX

Expensive Kettle, Spondon frame, carbon wheels, USD forks, radial Brembos

Suzuki Turbo

Katana turbo nutter

Slightly more sane Katana

Nice drag race GSX-R, had a chat with owner and builder, great guys, won best engineering award

Don't see too many of these nowadays

Pretty H1

X75 Hurricane, won an award in the 1970s group

CR750 look alike, mine will be much better !

Honda Six, using a CBX engine

Another Kettle Special

Cannot believe I am photographing another 2 stroke!

And saving the best till last Laughing My very own (not for sale, 2bims) DB1. Very chuffed to win Runner-up award in 1980's class!
glened

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Thanks for pics Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Yes all moved back into our home again, difficult to imagine that it took the best part of year. Few things have happened since we last met. In Feb I turned 60 didn't expect to make 20 let alone 3xthat, hence the trip to Singapore present from my other half. Mathew(our son) his girlfriend gave birth to a little girl the day after my birthday, a belated birthday gift ( best one) and I finally commited to by the Triton. When I can be bothered to learn how to put pics up again I will try and show you some pics. Not a Bimota, but a beautiful example of a proper little bike. Strange how things turn out, bought the DB10 because I fell in love with how it looked and. It was so light. Same thing with the Triton, makes the DB10 feel like a Goldwing. I am after some new tyres so I post a new thread requesting thoughts
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a small child to assist in loading pics Glen.....would be a doddle for them....congrats on turning 60...grandchild, home and new steed ....New tyres?...Surely you only need a back one? The front ones in the air most of the time so you cant have worn it ok that much....Or are the sidewalls a little cracked from all the sudden impacts with the asphalt???....I'd love to chip in with desire/preferred compounds/makes....But I'm a little more "driving miss Daisy" than Evil Knievel....but for what its worth...Michelin Sport dual compounds all round Vdue, DB4, DB2, DB5R, DB6R...even DB1 has Michelins...
rpo83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics guys, thanks for sharing Smile

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: