Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Advise please Bimota YB11
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarahfry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Advise please Bimota YB11 Reply with quote

I have just inherited a non running YB11 P reg, it's been sat in my dads garage for a few years and needs brakes, servicing, tyres, and a general good clean, would anyone know how much it's worth, as I'm unsure weather to spend some money on it and get it running or to just sell it as it is, it would definitely make a good project for an enthusiast.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look on ebay and use "completed listings"

It shouldon't take a lot to get it running add to your list a battery and the carbs cleaning.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sarah....not a bad inheritance...albeit normally such things come by way of losing someone dear...so condolensces in that respect.

All down to condition, mileage and where you live really......Which country/region are you located...no postcode...just country and county would suffice......helps people to evaluate on interest...

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah.
As 2bim's says , condolences for you lose .

YB11's are not the rarest model but probably it good/average condition for age could go for 7-8k maybe more depending on location etc, especially as summer is just around the corner .

As you describe and without any pictures etc I would suggest you could get 4-5k for it as a doer-upper quite easily.
All depends on whether you can do or have someone that could do the work on the bike . They are no more complicated than any bike but a garage would probably have you pay through the nose as its a bimota.
The only thing that YB11's have issues with are the fork seals , they are very hard to get hold of as they are a strange size.

Not sure of your location .Myself and 2bim's live in the north west , and are at the manchester bike show next weekend with this forum if you live in the NW come down and find us, we will try to help.
Sarahfry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'm from Poole, Dorest so a bit far for me to go, otherwise I would of, I moved the bike into storage today and although the body work looks like it needs just a good clean up, I'm unsure if it even turns over...! I know it will need new brakes, tyres, new filters, I brought a battery for it. If anyone wants to see pictures, post your email address and I'll send them.

Sarah
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be just a little careful with throwing a battery onto it....The fuel hoses may well have perished...so trying to start it with fuel in...presumably fresh fuel...may turn the bike into an early bonfire display.....And its best to run a little oil down the spark plug holes first to make sure the pistons haven't rusted and seized...starting it or trying to start it can cause damage that can write the bike off...at least engine wise....You will also have to remove the tank filler cap...and the seat hump and unit with the ignition key...to be able to take off the red fibreglass tank seat cover to be able to access the battery terminal properly...there is a cut out on the YB11 in the seat unit...but you have to turn the key in the lock on the left side of the bike...to first remove the "hump"...and then the riders seat base to gain access...

Pictures here:-

Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry to much about the rusted brake discs, they are an iron rich metal which rusts up, the discs will rattle on the carrieRS (gold inner) too. You can clean the worst of it off with some petrol on a rag (wear gloves)
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit dusty but looks like it would make a good project for someone.
Sarahfry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks everyone, were would I go about selling it, think I'll sell it as it is, I'm sure someone would love to do her up
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the missing fairing part and wing mirrors ??? Have a look around they're probably somewhere
Sarahfry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: yb11 Reply with quote

yes I have the fairing and wing mirror.

Sarah
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Prices Reply with quote

A quick check on 'Das parking' (a sort of collection of all the sales/auction sites in Europe) shows 11 YB11 for sale. Prices range from £4000 to £9000 but eight were below £7000. well worth getting fairing fitted and giving it a wash! Good luck
Retroman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah,
Having some experience of the Thunderace engine fitted to this machine DO NOT make any attempt to start it on the starter after a long lay off.
Parts from Yamaha are bloody expensive.
As stated previously you need to take the plugs out and put two stoke oil down the bores and leave it to soak the piston rings to release them.
Better still would be to take the top end off and thoroughly examinine, clean and lubricate the rings etc and reassemble.
Would be a tragedy to start her up and score the bores or break a ring and create a disaster.
As to getting her running full strip down of carbs and fuel system required and replacement cam chain if it has been left unturned for some time.
Brakes and running gear are easy to service and put right.
Unless you know what you are doing or know someone who does leave well alone.
Re value what people hope for on this forum etc and what they would actually get are entirely different.
Would n't think its worth more than £5k max and I don't say that as a prospective buyer as the seating position is awful and the styling is not my cup of tea.
Good luck finding an new owner who hopefully knows what they are doing.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its already been sold to a Forum member...I think I know who...I think they are staying "quiet".....Oh...its not me by the way...Strictly "2Bims"...as the name states..... Laughing
Bud977

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great. The forum members should get first dibs when an enquiry for value is made on the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: