Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Back in the land of the living
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Back in the land of the living Reply with quote

Hi All,

It's been a crazy couple weeks for me to say the least. Been without internet this week and hadn't had time to post on the forum before I lost internet.

Last week Was a very busy week that started with the trip to Sydney for the International Festival of Speed, with myson Connor and my 2 Bimotas in tow for the 4200 klm round trip. Pissed down rain most of the way down to Sydney then got a hail storm not long after we got there Shocked

Had an absolutely awesome week and weekend at the IFoS, saw some great racing and some even better classic motorcycles, truly an amazing sight and sound. Also got to meet some greats of the motorcycle racing world.

A big thank you to Lech (Bud) for putting us up in his lovely home for the week and taking care of us.

We loaded the bikes up and left the track after the parade laps on Sunday afternoon and started a quick trip back to North Queensland to get back before the impending cyclone smashed us. We drove through the night and we're home on Monday afternoon.

Cyclone Debbie then took her sweet time destroying everything in her path for the next 2 days and we had almost 1000 mm of rain on Wednesday alone! We escaped without damage to our house or shed, just a lot of big trees down and a huge cleanup to be done.

Today is day 5 without electricity and we've only just got phone service and internet back. Thanks to my amazing Honda generator we've been getting along nicely and hope to have mains power back on in the next couple days.

So, for me the cleanup continues as my wife prepares for our trip that sees us leaving on Monday, flying to Singapore then boarding a cruise ship for a 14 night cruise to Tokyo and then fly home again.

It's been a crazy busy couple weeks so far and hopefully the next couple weeks will be a bit more relaxing before coming home to finish the cleanup here. I'll try to catch up on the happenings of the forum and comment as appropriate Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
rpo83

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy you dodged a bullet with Debbie, enjoy your holiday you'll need a break after that mammoth drive home...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
So happy you dodged a bullet with Debbie, enjoy your holiday you'll need a break after that mammoth drive home...

Thanks Steve. We got our power back on late this afternoon, cleanup is about 50% done and good enough til we get back from the trip. Looking forward to kicking back and cruising for a couple weeks Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Brian and well done on your trip...hopefully it was a great Father Son bonding session...and hopefully it hasn't put you off doing it all again in future times.....

Our little old Mcr show is the best we can do locally....we aren't quite as "gungHo" spirit of Adventure as you Aussies....some folk whinging about a 50km trip to the event and not having time...whilst some strangers travelled hundreds of Kms to drop their bike off at a complete strangers house for the bike to come to the show whilst not actually being there themselves.

Twas a thoroughly mixed bag of Diehard enthusiasts for the Brand, but then that's Bikers, an elite bunch, all individuals, and even more so with Bimotas....thankfully all brought together across the planet, oceans and highways of the world by this Forum....and theres no "blowing smoke up my own perchuba" with that comment...I'm a relative "newbie" to the Forum.....Still seems strange that the people I most consider friends today are those that I've "met" through this Forum...and for that I thank Katy aka Admin....

Sounds like you'll need the Cruise break to recover and recharge your batteries, take a step back from Bims and Kwacks and pack your sea legs, you old salty Dog...I'm sure you'll enjoy it...just act and be like you've popped down to your corner tavern....be yourself, polite and kind, and foreigners you'll meet along the way will respect that and treat you likewise....Travel, like Bimotas, can be addictive...you just have to let your heart rule your mind and go with the flow.....Hopefully you're sewing and stringing the corks on your hat in preparation and packing away your cuddly koala bedtime teddy bear for the journey....enjoy your time...x
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. It was a great week away with my young bloke. He thoroughly enjoyed himself..it was great that we both got ride Bimotas together around Eastern Creek.

My apologies for not posting pics of said roos and koalas as requested. The only roos I saw were the 5 that I almost ran over, and those bastards were too quick for me.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Brian.....You now know what a quagmire of a swamp such meetings and events are....getting caught up in meeting new folk, bimota lovers and bikes.....most of our attendees brought cameras but took no pictures...getting caught up in the worldwind romance and enjoying the event...which afterall is what its all about.......Events can last 2 days or 4 days...yet seem to be over in a fraction of that time....yet a week later when home and fully recovered it seems like it was months ago...happens to all of us....photos may last and be filed away, but memories are kept in the heart, and that's what counts....
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good your all safe & sound Brian..........
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
good your all safe & sound Brian..........

Thanks mate Wink
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that you are still alive!
I was a bit concerned that I would have to learn how to post a picture.

2bims promised to show me, but he lied....he just wanted my bike on the stand at Madchester

Welcome back and just wait till you see the pictures......

Glad you made it

Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you "cad" you Vagin ( I will be posting your 2 No. name tags down to you..).....chauffeur, maid, Head Chef, chief bottle washer, B&B host, laundry skully lady, plumber, events organiser, charity collector, Part-time nun, Pub Landlord, Sweet shop Stall holder, Stand "bouncer", Bovril cup supplier, Father Xmas Presents supplier, Maker of Rods for ones own back...AND you wanted me to teach an old crumbly computer skills???....Straw, back, camel...broke.....Hope you haven't "broken" your "2Bims" mug ...and still think of me fondly when tucking into your Bovril.....
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
No worries Brian.....You now know what a quagmire of a swamp such meetings and events are....getting caught up in meeting new folk, bimota lovers and bikes.....most of our attendees brought cameras but took no pictures...getting caught up in the worldwind romance and enjoying the event...which afterall is what its all about.......Events can last 2 days or 4 days...yet seem to be over in a fraction of that time....yet a week later when home and fully recovered it seems like it was months ago...happens to all of us....photos may last and be filed away, but memories are kept in the heart, and that's what counts....

Wow 2bims. That's the most apt description of these events I've ever heard.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bud...if only Concorde was still flying...and I could have popped into your show prior to ours...who'd have funk it that they landed on the same weekend? Spreading the word....ever the optimist.... Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Cheers Bud...if only Concorde was still flying...and I could have popped into your show prior to ours...who'd have funk it that they landed on the same weekend? Spreading the word....ever the optimist.... Laughing

I would say 'next time' 2bims, but I couldn't guarantee it will be an annual event given the vast distances that some people had to travel for this one.

However, if I can swing it, the next time I go down for the IFoS I'll be taking a race bike and having a crack myself Wink

I should have my enclosed trailer done by then, surely. That way I'd be able to fit my 2 bims and a race bike in (and the original 2bims too if he's interested in an epic journey).
Les Caddaye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
Glad to hear you have come out the other side relatively unscathed. You have indeed had a a couple of very big weeks and thoroughly deserve your holiday. I'm just not sure you could sit on a cruise boat for 2 weeks, you would go stir crazy!!!!!
Good luck and enjoy the trip.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
That way I'd be able to fit my 2 bims and a race bike in (and the original 2bims too if he's interested in an epic journey).

Good to hear you planning for next year Brian and not only preparing the bikes but also getting the ' chauffeur, maid, Head Chef, chief bottle washer, B&B host, laundry skully lady, plumber, events organiser, charity collector, Part-time nun, Pub Landlord, Sweet shop Stall holder, Stand "bouncer", Bovril cup supplier, Father Xmas Presents supplier ' along to teach the old dog a few new tricks of chief pit crew and runner Laughing Good onya mate !!!

( although a word of warning !!! DON'T let him anywhere near that maids costume after dark !!)

Enjoy the cruise , you will have a blast . I hate beach holidays etc , after the first day am bored stiff, but done a few cruise, loads to do on the ship , new place every day to see and if that doesn't keep you amused you will be on a half mile long feat of engineering with numerous massive engines !!!! Something for everyone on those Ships Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: