Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Moto Morini - Your latest Chinese takeaway

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Moto Morini - Your latest Chinese takeaway Reply with quote

The Moto Morini passes to the Chinese, the historic brand sold for 10 million the announcement on the eve of EICMA. New owner is Zhongneng, Colossus of scooter production: «The activity will remain on the Italian territory

The approach of EICMA, the most important bike show that will open in a month in Milan, always brings news in the business of two wheels. The announcement today is of those who make noise: the historical brand Moto Morini passes to the Chinese of Zhongneng, an international colossus in the production of scooters based in Taizhou, about 400 km south of Shanghai. The signing of the deed of sale is today after a long negotiation that has had as advisor the Milan office of the multinational TransLink. From sources close to the operation we learn that the initial evaluation of the company of Trivolzio (Pavia) started from 12 million euros and the transaction would have ended with a benefit for the seller slightly below 10 million.

From the statement published by Morini we learn that "Dr. Ruggero Massimo Jannuzzelli representative of the outgoing Moto Morini shareholder and president declares that he has collected with the offer of Zhongneng Vehicle Group an excellent opportunity for the future of the company and the historic brand Italian". "After 2015, my family through Autjann (the family holding holding company) became the owner of 100% of the company's logistic debut in the province of Pavia - Jannuzzelli explains - first started a bike development path for the 'adaptation to the euro 4 legislation followed immediately by the creation of new models adapted to the current market. From here the Corsair ZZ, the Corsair ZT, the Milan and the new Scrambler were born. In addition to this activity - continues Jannuzzelli - for three years we have worked on creating value for the brand and products to bring them to the high end of the market in terms of quality, construction methods and prestige. Now - concludes Jannuzzelli - we collect the fruits of this work by leaving the baton to a private Chinese industrial group that is already present with its products in Europe and in the world. "

From the statement we also learn that "Mr. Chen, president of Zhongneng has big projects to increase the company's business that will remain on the Italian territory, projects that concern both the current products and new models also of different displacements ". "We are certain - concludes the press release - to entrust Moto Morini, its employees, its suppliers and its loyal customers to an important industrial reality that will make the company grow well". Mr. Chen Huaneng is the founder of the scooter giant. Since 1998 the company has had a constant expansion and today produces 300 thousand two-wheelers a year, especially scooters with endothermic and electric engines, but also motorbikes between 50 and 250 displacement and loose engines. Mr. Chen, to what has been learned, will become CEO of Morini and the Marchio, known for the mighty 1200cc twin-cylinder, will serve as a basis for European penetration and will also serve as a research and development center. This would be the reason behind the confirmation of all the workers, with a view to short-term reinforcement.

(Just why oh why didn't they buy Bimota!!!!!!!)
arsenic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh... I’m not sure it’s a good idea... the last time a chinese bought an Italian brand (benelli) it wasn’t a success...

And only 10 millions ? Wow, so if i win at Euromillion i could probably buy Bimota !
Nice ^^
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may seem harsh...but if you rooted down the back of your sofa and found a few old French francs...you could probably buy Bimota...…..

Compare....A factory still making Euro 4 compliant bikes with a market and workers and tools and 3 or 4 models of bikes

A factory lying empty that Bimota were evicted from for not paying the rent, no stock, tools, or parts....no workers...no activity...no models....no dealers....no engines of their own manufacture....just a name....and rumour has it the Swiss owners only leased the Brand and dont own that....and only rights to produce bikes from DB5 onwards....with Ducati engines....Sad but probably true

The Euromillions Jackpot of £145million...was won last night by one ticket holder....living in Switzerland....lets hope it was by one of the two Swiss Bimota owners..... Laughing
arsenic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus... 145 millions £.... wow, that could help paying my bills o_o
pkay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic wrote:
Uh oh... I’m not sure it’s a good idea... the last time a chinese bought an Italian brand (benelli) it wasn’t a success...

And only 10 millions ? Wow, so if i win at Euromillion i could probably buy Bimota !
Nice ^^

I understand that Benelli is doing quite well and that there new bikes are well liked by the motorcycling media in this part of the world. Maybe the Euro traditionalists don't like the Chinese ownership but in Benelli's case I think it was that or follow Bimota's path.......
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic wrote:
Jesus... 145 millions £.... wow, that could help paying my bills o_o

Or get Bimota going again...

Now, how do you say "heron cylinder head" in Chinese?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
arsenic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pkay wrote:
arsenic wrote:

Nice ^^

I understand that Benelli is doing quite well and that there new bikes are well liked by the motorcycling media in this part of the world. Maybe the Euro traditionalists don't like the Chinese ownership but in Benelli's case I think it was that or follow Bimota's path.......

Well, maybe benelli have success in China but.... who cares ? As passionate people, we want to see beautiful and great bikes in OUR market, personally I don’t give 2 flying f*** about benelli making 300/400/500cc A2 bikes...
That’s why im saying that, imagine a Chinese brand owning bimota and making only 400cc A2 bike, that would be a disaster, might as well staying a dead brand...
pkay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic wrote:
pkay wrote:
arsenic wrote:

Nice ^^

Well, maybe benelli have success in China but.... who cares ? As passionate people, we want to see beautiful and great bikes in OUR market, personally I don’t give 2 flying f*** about benelli making 300/400/500cc A2 bikes...
That’s why im saying that, imagine a Chinese brand owning bimota and making only 400cc A2 bike, that would be a disaster, might as well staying a dead brand...

Unfortunately being in business means they need to make these types of bikes before they can invest in "OUR" market. Last count the French only bought 90,000 odd new bikes last year, not really something a manufacturer is going to hang their hat on (especially divided up between the majors and minors) so your market's probably not as relevant as you wish it was. There is a reason why South East Asia and the sub continent is seen as the future success base for most manufacturers. And you may want to check that the Italian, Austrian or German sports bike you're riding wasn't manufactured or designed in South East Asia. Imagine a world existing outside of Europe, heaven forbid...............
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay wrote:
... And you may want to check that the Italian, Austrian or German sports bike you're riding wasn't manufactured or designed in South East Asia. Imagine a world existing outside of Europe, heaven forbid...............

YB10 - design Italy, made in Italy - check
R11S Boxer Cup Replika - design Germany, made in Germany - check
Brutale B4 - designed by the Master, made in Italy - check

All good here mate
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benelli (China) had a huge presence at the EICMA show in Milan last year. OK - only bikes up to 500cc, but that's where the majority of it's sales lie. Asia and the developing countries appear to love them. And sales of these sub-500 bikes can underpin the development of bigger capacity bikes.
Benelli (Italy) pinned all it's hopes on the Tornado Tre series of bikes - limited appeal, premium price, piss-poor quality. That is how the Chinese came to be in control.................
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i’ve always said that Italian brands should be ruled by germans, they know how to make things works....
Just keep the designers and the engineers, give them some stricts rules, more money and you obtain Ducati.
A lovely brand that make reliable engine with character.
All Italian brands should be owned by germans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: