Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota stand pins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Bimota stand pins Reply with quote

I recently had some pins made up for use with the Bimota stand and older models with a solid axle. Made in 316SS and slightly larger than original pins to give a closer fit. (Thanks to TVRRICH for providing dims of the originals)

Had a few sets made up so have 5 sets over. £16 per set incl the R Pins. PM me if interested.

Feb 20th ONE SET LEFT!!

Last edited by welshlamb on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
wallaman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a PM.
Thanks.
Chuck S.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still 2 sets left.
DaveT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Stand pins Reply with quote

Just received my set and they are beautifully made and finished, so I'm very happy to recommend them to discerning Bimotisti!
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bimota has gone (AAAAGHH!) but I still have three sets of these pins left if anyone interested. £16/set posted UK. Otherwise its off to the evil FleaBay.
Sylvester

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Those pins look beautiful!
I am looking for the stand as well, can anyone help? I own a DB3 Mantra.
Thanks!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Sylvester....you wouldn't need the pins for a DB3 Mantra or DB5 etc etc...as these have hollow spindles so a main pin goes through the sides of the stand and all the way through the spindle....the pins are only for early models with solid spindles...Db1, DB2 etc.....

BimotaClassicParts in Italy still sell the original "packing crate" rear stand as they were referred to........as in the picture...but with a solid long pin

http://www.bimotaclassicparts.com/en/
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a PM welsh lamb.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume these will work for the YB10. If so, what are we looking at shipped to US, zip 91436?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should do so....if you have the Original Bimota packing crate stand to use in conjunction with it.....some concentrics are larger though so measure the diameter....Does the YB10 not have a hollow spindle??...I know some YB series have the concentrics but also have a hollow spindle that a normal rod can go through....the pins are used and designed for models with concentrics but also with a solid rear spindle that evidently you cant push the normal rod through
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bims, I was by the bike today and YB10 has the hollow spindle. I do have the packing crate stand. Can you point me in the right direction where to source the proper rod for the stand?

The stand needs to be refinished. I am thinking of powder coating... any better recommendations?
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so......BimotaClassicParts have the original packing stands and long rods which have a circular stop plate welded on one end...and a 4mm dia drilled hole on the other end to accept a 3.85mm dia R clip......I know though that packing crate stands differed between bikes on length/width......and doubt that Paulo would sell the rods on their own so get one made up....all you need is a length of steel solid rod of 12mm dia to go through the drilled holes which on my stands are 13mm dia (again check hole size of holed spindle on your bike....)....DIY stores in UK sell lengths of steel rod of various diameter....or even threaded rods......put a nut on one end...and drill for an R clip on the other...my "rod"...if you excuse me....is 41cms long...with the drilled hole at 40.0 cms....from inside of round welded end stop to centre of hole........................Darn it......I've just gone and burnt my croissants in the oven....that'll teach me to try and multi-task early in the morning.......

The welded on end plate is 36mm in diameter...but a welded on oversize washer would suffice.....

Powder coating is fine....some folk also Stove enamel the rear stands for a more professional finish that may be more durable..

TBH...even though these items were intended as packing stands for the crate during transport....I use mine whenever I want to raise the front or rear ends as it really is a one person sure footed operation ...;once the stand is fitted to the rear wheel with it on its sidetand and the R clip fitted, you merely lift the bike to vertical and whilst holding onto the rear end, place one foot on the back of the stand and up and onto the stand it goes....great for chain cleaning, wheel cleaning etc....Although still useless for rear wheel removal....

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2bims, are the pics your idea of 'stove -enamel' Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo Paul....yes indeed...very apt.....Have you put in for a "private display" at the Mcr Bike show yet?.....I'm geared up for taking 2 2-strokes down for the weekend and snaking in to the event under the guise of the "UK 2-strokes forum" as at present....So should hopefully have the odd spare ticket if you fancy a walk about one of the 2 days........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: