Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Rizoma indicators on a DB6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjtango

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Rizoma indicators on a DB6 Reply with quote

Hello all. Has anyone had any experience running Rizoma indicators to replace the rear indicators on a DB6. Mine is a 2007 model. My bike currently runs the European LED signals, but I've had 3 of them break in 1 1/2 years. The Rizoma are stronger than the factory indicators. I tried running them several months ago and had a Error 3 code show up on the dash. I disconnected the battery, hooked up the OEM indicators, connected everything up and the error cleared up and didn't come back. Then the 3rd indicator snapped, and I put the Rizoma indicators back on, and after several miles the Error code returned after several uses of the indicators. I must digress a moment. I wasn't sure that the indicators resulted in the first error code to show up, so I wasn't sure if pulling the power off the bike and checking some connections cured the first error message and it had nothing to do with the Rizoma indicators. I reconnected the Rizoma's the 2nd time without the resistors which is how the instructions recommend for a bike currently using LED indicators, so this leads me to believe they are causing the error 3 code. I have the option to run the resistors for either 6<10W, 21W or 10W bulb indicators. The OEM indicators in the U.S imported bikes were originally bulbs. I was a bit long winded, but any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
quikduk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjtango:

When I had my '07 DB6, I had the factory turn signal relay go bad. As I had to resort to Amazon for a replacement, I opted for an LED compatible, adjustable flash rate relay.

I liked the stock signals and my fix for the breakage of the "flexible" stalks was to drill them out slightly and threaded in a threaded pipe insert (the same type used for passing table lamp wiring through the lamp body.

I also epoxied these in to prevent movement with a 6,000 PSI plastic (ABS) rated epoxy and this seemed to fix the fatigue issue versus just the non-reinforced plastic stalk.

While the rears could be changed to virtually any other type, the fronts would require a 3-D printed ABS adapter from the odd shaped front fairing mount to the turn signal mount of your choice. Otherwise it would look a bit "cobby" (poorly designed alternative, non-factory sleek)...but I am a bit AR and OCD (ask 2bims...lol).

Regards,
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello pj tango...yes...the original db6 rears and fronts do perish and snap over time....4 no. Orange bulbs in each...i have roughly 20 spare pairs of these which are new....25 gbp per pair if you are interested
pjtango

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the responses. Once I finally located the the wattage of the rear turn indicator bulbs, I wired the supplied resistors as per the installation guide. They work, they look great and they are short and strong enough to avoid breaking. And the Err3 code is gone, and has not returned. The indicators I chose are the "Vision" indicators. I did locate 2 factory indicators, so along with the good one I still have, I'll pack them away and install them if I decide to sell the bike at some point. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: