Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota YB9 SR Titanium exhaust manifold Stock??Info needed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor_jim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Bimota YB9 SR Titanium exhaust manifold Stock??Info needed! Reply with quote

Hello guys! Very Happy
I've got a question regarding the exhaust System of the YB9.

When I bought the bike, it came with a pair of stainless steel headers and a carbon fiber exhaust (well the manifold appears to be stock and has a Bimota stamping on it- the exhaust has no stamping). Both fit good together- but this setup is too loud! Twisted Evil

Apart from that I've also received a pair of titanium headers Cool (to be mounted with springs) along with the original exhaust.

The problem starts with german MOT- since I'll have to mount the original exhaust, which, eventhough both parts are original Bimota, doesn't seem to fit with the stainless steel manifold,

On the other hand mysteriously the Original muffler suits the titanium headers relatively good (mounting points- etc.)...
What I trying to figure out is: Did these bikes come with titanium headers as an option form the factory, or is it just an aftermarket (presumably hand made) system?
These titanium headers have no particular stamping on them!

Does anyone know if there where different versions of the exhaust manifold between the SR and SRI? I suppose the muffler stayed the same during the whole range of production.

I'll try to post some pictures of both systems later today. Unfortunately I haven't managed to take any yet Embarassed

I'd surely appreciate some insight and comments Smile I couldn#t find much about this on the internet.
Maybe some pictures of the original exhaust system for the SR would help- if someone can post it.

Best regards,

D. Arsenakis

Well just one Bimota so far, it's an YB9 SR Very Happy

Ducati 450 Desmo, 900SS, ST2, DS1100
Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, V7 Spezial, v65
Lots of Hondas, BMW's, Triumph etc. Smile
brian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ti headers would be after market for sure.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that....End cans Bimota offered options of Carbon fibre for a lot of Bimotas....but never titanium headers....they are more famed for always using stainless steel headers....and normally stamped with a "b" or a metal plate welded onto the connecter ends of the headers with a "b"....Arrow also made systems for Bimota in the 1990's....
YBevo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The headers are the same for the SR and SRi . My new Bimota OE headers (via Germany) are labelled "Krummer YB9SR/I" and have the part number 502815020 and are stamped 281 b .
These weigh 3.6kg, are one piece and take a link pipe with a 52mm ID.
Had some issues trying to upload photos otherwise would have done that for you. What do the Ti headers weigh?
Regards
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: