Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

1996 YB9 Craig's list, LA. $5500 usd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: 1996 YB9 Craig's list, LA. $5500 usd Reply with quote

Has 2600 miles looks like new. Ad says only available till march 25. I can check it out for anyone interested

Jack
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Here is the link Reply with quote

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/6044224027.html
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it this morning. I don't know brother, sounds like someone is fishing for emails...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
yb11reno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see it. Couple of issues. It's the carb version of the 600 yami motor, secondaries are non-op. There's a vacuum actuator to open the secondaries, the factory tang that operates the vacuum actuator broke off. So it would take someone with a little patience/ingenuity to get that working. Couple of scratches in the paint. Other than that, pretty clean bike, looks correct for the mileage. Owner says he bought it from the family of the 19 year old owner - now deceased/ heir to the wriggley fortune. Anyway interesting story behind the bike. Owner is moving to Hawaii and doesn't want to take it. I suspect if it doesn't sell soon, he'll be willing to negotiate just to move it.
One thing I was surprised at. It has the carbon fiber air intake ducts like on our sb8r, didn't know Bimota had done that with other bikes.
Jack
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the info. As much as I am enticed by the price I made a decision to trim my Bimota collection down to just the YB10.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "Secondaries" ?
yb11reno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was his terminology, not mine. He had the air box out, with this vacuum actuated valve attached to it. There were vacuum lines attached to it, running from where? I don't know since I didn't take it out. I didn't spend time looking at it, but thinking back on it now, maybe it was supposed to open flaps in the air intake to let in more air to the carbs. If you didn't want to spend time repairing the factory setup, maybe you could wire the flaps open at the expense of low rpm smoothness?

Maybe a yb9 owner will see this post and can weigh in.

It's a nice bike, I hate to see it get parted or something. Do I try to save it?
My SB8R gets painfull to ride after 30 minutes (I'm 64), I don't really need another extreme bike.

Jack
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its back on the market, now available until the end of April.

Jack, I am with you regarding the ride. I thought about going to see the bike this morning and giving seller an offer. I changed my mind after looking at the ram air tubes and the clip on location. With exception of slightly better view of bar controls, I can't imagine the seating position being much better than that of the SB8R. Riding position is the reason why I am looking to part with mine.

The YB9 is a pretty bike, but with a 600cc motor it is not an easy sell. Bimota is regarded as a super bike brand and as such everyone wants the biggest lump available to go with the perception. Being a non-runner adds to the difficulty of finding a new ass for that seat.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
quikduk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than being an ugly yellow (racing a banana?)...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/6095723244.html

$5500 isn't too bad but I think possibly a $4500 offer is more appropriate unless it has current/recent full service. It does appear clean though and it would be cool in either full Bimota livery or perhaps a version similar to the RD400 Daytona Special (red/white/black).

It would be around $1100 to repaint it completely though and I can't tell how new/old the tires are, their condition or the chain and sprockets so $4K is looking a lot better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Yamaha-Daytona-/162476522931

hmmm.
quikduk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOhhhh...

This one would be cool!

https://www.pinterest.com/gbiesterbosch/yamaha-m1-livery/

or the Rossi version (still in yellow).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/giege/221349793/in/pool-thedoctor/
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the yellow paint on YB9s and of course it's original paint. I wouldn't really want to put Yamaha colours on a Bimota. .. you might have a look at laminators YB9 in Gobert colours
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YB9 is quite an early 90's ride position . Only ridden one for 20miles or so but seemed very much above the bike with lots of wieght on your wrists, reminded me of the early ZXR750 I had once.

On the lammie yb9 front, that has got to be the best yb9 I have ever seen , but I think the main improvement is the rear seat mod , make the rear end look far better IMHO.

Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have picture from behind the bike - I can see the rear light + mudguard has been replaced by and aftermarket mount
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: