Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 3d Workshop Manual in PDF?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
niels550

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Tesi 3d Workshop Manual in PDF? Reply with quote

I'm unable to unarchive the .RAR file which I downloaded from the factory web site.

The Unarchiver app on my Apple fails to complete the process.

Why they bother to password protect the files and then display the password on the web page is curious.

So if any one has a PDF version they'd care to email me, I would be grateful

niels550(at)me.com

Thank You
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmmm....just tried and with a newly downloaded "Rar converter" which asks for a new folder to import the changed files....then you go to the location and it appears to open but nothing to view....black screen.........I do have it on PDF format...BUT.. At 68Meg...its far too big to add as an attachment to an email...usual limit is 15-20meg depending on country and server.......I used to share with Dropbox and have many files uploaded there...which used to be free to use...now they have locked all my files and demand a monthly charge to access and share....just goes to show...nothings for free...forever....
niels550

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does "Zipping" that PDF compress it by much?
niels550

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add that my version of Unarchiver works fine with the .RAR file of photos of the Tesi. Just not with the Workshop manual.
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought... put it on a USB stick and post it?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niels550 wrote:
Does "Zipping" that PDF compress it by much?

PROBABLY WOULD.....but...it yet another programme that started off as "free" that they now charge for...and I don't have it on my laptop i'm afraid....
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be burnt onto DISC and posted easy enough...tried compressing on file folder...only took it down to 30meg from 70meg...so still too big to email
niels550

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 2Bims..

Thanks for trying.

I also wrote to Maria for assistance but got the auto reply saying they were in the process of moving the factory.

Maybe when things settle down there, I'll get a response..... or not Sad
niels550

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Admitting defeat, I've given up with Bimota. After several attempts they have not replied.

So if anyone has a copy of the Tesi Workshop manual that they'd care to burn to CD and mail to me please let me know.

It goes without saying that I will be more than happy to cover all costs plus a couple of beers.

My wife is in the UK for the next week and can mail the cash to whomever is kind enough to do this.

Thanks in advance.

niels550-at-me-dot-com
CBR_DBR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niels,

Another option would be to contact Bimota Classic Parts. We were in Italy earlier this month and I got the chance to meet Fosco and Paolo at BCP. Apart from getting a full tour through an Alladdin's Cave full of Bimota parts, I also saw shelves full of brochures and manuals for any type of Bimota you care to mention.

They do reprints of owners manuals etc. but also have PDFs of all sort of other doco.

Cheers,

Mike
niels550

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBR/DBR, Yes I did that but to date no reply. I guess because the manual has been provided free by Bimota, there's nothing in it for them.

Its stuff like allowable play in the steering which can only be found in the workshop manual which is the info I need.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niels.....I've tried again this morning with the fileshare from DropBox to try and get a Tesi3D workshop Manual to you.....so look out for a link from them (maybe in Trash)...that should help.....

Its a workshop manual for an earlier edition Tesi3D, single seat with clip-ons and different pull/push underslung shock rather than push/pull Ohlins front shocker....but most other stuff will be suitable.

Basically, there should be ZERO play in the bars to front wheel turn.....the tie rods have an adjustment tolerance of just 0.2mm.....in the specified length....and should all be correctly torqued and loctited.....One potential suspect maybe the Steering head tension....which should be torqued to 30Nm....but requires a very large special Bimota specific tool to fit the 4 pin holes....

Was the front tyre fitted backwards as I suspected? Did they merely flip the wheel around or change the tyre around?....if so is the cycle shop technically up for setting the steering rods correctly???....the top ones and underside steering ones have to be the correct lengths....as specified in the Workshop Manual...although maybe your bike has different set-up to the manual I've sent....???

There are also 3 No. very large ally milled special tools to balance the front wheel...all Bimota specific.....to clamp the spindle solid after Brake Caliper Mounts are removed to be able to balance.......Bike is very basic...if you exclude the front end which is very specific and highly technical....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: