Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New to Bimota and the forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: New to Bimota and the forum Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Name is George and I am in the USA. Just purchased a 09 DB7 and waiting for it to be delivered. Glad to be a part of the group
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day George, welcome to the forum and to Bimota ownership. Be sure to post some pics when you get it
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Number2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
G'day George, welcome to the forum and to Bimota ownership. Be sure to post some pics when you get it

I will as soon as I can figure out how.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George and welcome to Bimota ownership.
We try to make the forum experience as close as we can to Bimota ownership.
So you will find it 'difficult to understand why its was done like THAT !! ' and 'very frustrating ' at times , other times it will be your ' best mate ' and then just when you think you getting the hang of the ' Italian way ' it will be broke for weeks , with no explanation why and will quite often just start working for no apparent reason . Shocked

Once again welcome to the world of Bimota. Very Happy

DB7 , nice !! What is your normal ride ? got an 2008 DB7 myself .
You using it on the road ? thye are set up FIRM !!
rpo83

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome George, can't wait to see pics of your DB7.

There are simply no other bikes like Bimotas... Enjoy riding and drooling over your bike...

Steve

YB5 #130, YB5 #196, YB7 #302, SB6 #949, Laverda RGS Executive, Laverda RGS Corsa.
yb11reno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome George, I had been watching that on eBay. Looks like you got a great deal.

Jack
Number2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Hi George and welcome to Bimota ownership.
We try to make the forum experience as close as we can to Bimota ownership.
So you will find it 'difficult to understand why its was done like THAT !! ' and 'very frustrating ' at times , other times it will be your ' best mate ' and then just when you think you getting the hang of the ' Italian way ' it will be broke for weeks , with no explanation why and will quite often just start working for no apparent reason . Shocked

Once again welcome to the world of Bimota. Very Happy

DB7 , nice !! What is your normal ride ? got an 2008 DB7 myself .
You using it on the road ? thye are set up FIRM !!

I have 2 other bikes. A 2016 BMW S1000XR and a 2009 MV Agusta 1078 so I am used to Italian bikes. I have owned 3 other MVs
Number2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told there is a new 2009 DB7 in North Carolina for $25000 if anyone is looking for one
arsenic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25000$ seem a bit expensive for a DB7, you can have them at 13-14k€ in Europe (for the cheapest ofc, usually they're around 17-19k€ wich is still less expensive..)

Anyway, welcome ! S1000XR, Brutale... you have some great tastes in bikes ! I have myself a 1090RR and I'm looking for a Moto Morini Granpasso ^^
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arsenic wrote:
25000$ seem a bit expensive for a DB7, you can have them at 13-14k€ in Europe (for the cheapest ofc, usually they're around 17-19k€ wich is still less expensive..)

Been a while since I have seen a DB7 at €13k in Europe , and at that you would not really touch it.
First one I bought was a real dog , but hard to see that from pictures , next one was zero mile and a bit more expensive . Shocked
Most in Europe seem to be around the €19k mark now with some over €21k, seems even the Europeans have upped their prices these days.

As with everything its supply and demand and what someone is willing to pay.

Personally the DB7/8 is worth every penny. Very Happy
arsenic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
arsenic wrote:

Been a while since I have seen a DB7 at €13k in Europe , and at that you would not really touch it.
First one I bought was a real dog , but hard to see that from pictures , next one was zero mile and a bit more expensive . Shocked
Most in Europe seem to be around the €19k mark now with some over €21k, seems even the Europeans have upped their prices these days.

As with everything its supply and demand and what someone is willing to pay.

Personally the DB7/8 is worth every penny. Very Happy

There is one in Italy right now with no price, asked the dealer about the price : 14000€.
Only 1400km, almost brand new, but yeah, you're right about the db7-db8's worth every penny ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: