Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

db7 speedo, exhaust and mirrors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: db7 speedo, exhaust and mirrors Reply with quote

Gents. I have recently bought a db7 from Germany. Unfortunately I got ANYVAN to deliver it and in the process the exhaust can has been damaged, the mirrors broken and the several scratches made to the bike!!! Had anyone got either mirrors and or exhaust can I could buy please. The bike was mint last week. Very disappointed. Sad

Oh and does anyone know how to change the speedo from kms to miles please??? Thanks. Bob.
JRH

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chas Mortimer is the only guy to trust nice bike transport with....
Perfect every time👍
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is bad, had lots of bikes shipped over the years and never had any damage, but then as JRH says , Chas is the go-to man for moving bikes.

However I assume the delivery company are going to pay to put all this damage right ???
Mirrors you will see available in a few places as a generic fit , I got a pair from wemoto I think it was as one of my LED indicators had failed. Unfortunately they did not fit. Same overall shape , 2 mounting bolts. Issue was the 2 bolts a different pattern and the foot base a different angle. No problem I thought just swap the feet over. Gave a very nice view of the footpegs but little else. Turns out ramps in moulding also different. Ended up stripping and swapping LED's. (Still cheaper than Bimota part prices)
I do have a spare shotgun type exhaust but none standard and will not pass a MSVA.

Is this the one from the bike dealer in germany that has been for sale for a few years ? Think it was advertised at €1 to get you to call.

Last edited by vort28 on Tue May 16, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip re transport - don't think I'll be using ANYVAN again - we'll have to see if they pay out as it was insured.

Thanks for the tip on the mirrors - hopefully I'll get 2 two bimota ones from bimota else I'll have to bodge something up lol.

Regards. bob.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There insurance is going to be impressed as I would guess the bill for mirrors/exhaust and bodywork to be 3-4k if it from Bimota.
Fairing side panels are €800-1000 each when they pop up for sale .

Do you have the baffles etc for the standard can ?
I struggled to get mine through an MSVA as to loud .

Is the bike new ? do you have a COC or is it registered in europe ??

Last edited by vort28 on Tue May 16, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I just looked up ANYVAN , mate you really should have got some advice before you embarked on this journey !!!!!
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort - yes still many lessons to learn even at my stage of the game. I will not be using ANYVAN again though lol. I have the can with the baffles in - but I have not yet had the MSVA test yet - so I need to keep it for that. I'm not too sure I'm gong to change the exhaust as I don't really like the look of the other twin tail-pipe zard system.

I think I'll be waiting a while for the insure company to respond somehow - not lol.

My speedo was also playing up - the rev needle kept creeping up the dial every time I turned it on and off - think I might have managed to fix it - hopefully.

O bought it from mobile.de from a garage that was selling it for a private seller. Still think I have a bargain - and it looks and sounds fantastic. Still very glad I bought it - just need to get it on the road now. Thanks for your help.
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vort - yes still many lessons to learn even at my stage of the game. I will not be using ANYVAN again though lol. I have the can with the baffles in - but I have not yet had the MSVA test yet - so I need to keep it for that. I'm not too sure I'm gong to change the exhaust as I don't really like the look of the other twin tail-pipe zard system.

I think I'll be waiting a while for the insure company to respond somehow - not lol.

My speedo was also playing up - the rev needle kept creeping up the dial every time I turned it on and off - think I might have managed to fix it - hopefully.

O bought it from mobile.de from a garage that was selling it for a private seller. Still think I have a bargain - and it looks and sounds fantastic. Still very glad I bought it - just need to get it on the road now. Thanks for your help.
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody can tell me how to up load pics - I'll put a few up of the new db7
vort28

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For pictures you need an online account , photobucket , flickr etc.
Slightly different process for each to post but basically, load pictures to online account, get the url address of the picture and paste in thread.
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: db7 software and lead Reply with quote

Gents - anybody help please. I'm having difficulty getting my db7 to run. It is difficult to start and runs rough. Its just down 100 miles. I think it could be running a "zero map" and the TPS could be needing reset etc since I've disconnected the battery a few times. Can anyone lend/sell me the software cd and a lead so I can fix it - or does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to replace all that wit the ducati items. All support gratefully received. PS just had to push it home - could be for sale shortly lol. Thanks. Bob.
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole Walbro injection system is pretty shitty, you should invest in a Ducati 1098 ECU + injection system and wire like I did on my DB8.
Im sorry for what happening to you :/
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. You don't have a list of what I need to buy do you please ?? Think it would be slot better with the Ducati
parts. Cheers. Bob
arsenic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an ECU, the whole electronic wires that goes with it and the Ducati injection system.
Oh and the speedo.

You can find that pretty easily, it's a lot of work after that but the result is worth it.
Bob Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll check it out. Sounds like a lot of work. Might try getting the software for the Waldron first. But I'll have a look. Thanks for taking the time and for the help. Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: