Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB10 Seat lowering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: DB10 Seat lowering Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Thought I would start a new thread for your info. After attending the bike show at Manchester earlier this year, I met up with Mick (forum member) he owns the DBX that was at the show, and he has lowered his seat. This set me thinking that I could do the same to mine.
First of all you have to reduce the battery size, took Micks advice and used a Shorai unit, cut the seat post in height by 20mm. Opened up the seat and cut away the base in order to have it lowered, I had the seat pan plastic welded by JBR Plastics in Rainford did a very good job. Then I took the seat to "Bootleg Bike" they are a family run motorcycle uphulsteres (hope it spelt correct) Daniel did the cover fo me, fantastic job. It has made a dramatic difference to the bike, lowering my riding position by about 40mm. Happy to try and put some pics up, however reading about the issues with photo up ket not sure is it now possible or is there another way. Hope to hear from you all, also going away again this year, going back to northern Spain for a play in Picos. Happy to post pics again if there is a better way....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: